Author Topic: Architect Career problem  (Read 6439 times)

Offline Miss Purr

• Nooboo
Architect Career problem
« on: August 22, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »
Hi, I am brand new to this site, but am wondering if you could help?

My Sim has an Architect career and that is also her current Lifetime Wish.  She just started this career and did her third house.  I spent probably 2 hours revamping the house (after reading plenty of advice on Carl's Architect page).  I go to turn in my renovation and my client, which was a vampire, DIES!  At first I thought it was going to bite me, but there was no moodlet indicating he did.  The grim reaper showed-up and I booked it out.  After, I realized not only did I not get paid, but I didn't get a review either!!  Even though my sim has managed to get one celebrity star, I need the review!  I wouldn't have spent so much time revamping the place for no review.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can collect the money and review?  My progress has already been saved, so going back is not an option.

By the way, I am playing Seasons and have installed most of the expansions up until that point.  I don't know if that makes a difference?

Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Architect Career problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »
I'm moving this to the Ambitions board.

I don't know of a way to get the job completed, though. :-\
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Miss Purr

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 09:34:22 PM »
Thank you, Trip!  :)

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:58:19 PM »
If the job marker is still on the top of the lot, try visiting the house once more at work time, but if there's no way to talk to client, then you won't be able to get money and review

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 04:02:45 AM »
The architect career's a bit of a pain in that respect. My sim did the pregnancy spin just when she was about to hand in a renovation. She got no payment and no progress. The marker disappeared from the lot so she just had to go without her money. However, I spent about five minutes on the build, not two hours like you!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Miss Purr

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone!

I like the Architect Career in the aspect that I can be creative, but I don't like how it is turning out overall.  I also didn't like the fact that I was putting in way too much time into my renovations (because I'm very creative)... it was a bit of a time trap for me.

I obviously can't get my money or review, and since I was already frustrated with the career, my solution to the problem is that I bought the Change Lifetime Wish from the Lifetime Rewards, and I changed her LTW to having the Perfect Garden.  One of the other sims in this household has the same LTW and I really enjoy it, so they are working on it together.   :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »
Unless you have the Home Design Hotshot LTW the architect career is pretty straight forward. Drink a lot of job boost potions and paint at home to raise through the ranks. Unless you are chasing those 100 reviews it is a very relaxing and fun play.

My favorite thing to do is hold parties and hit people up for home remodels ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 04:42:09 AM »
Even with Home Design Hotshot LTW, it's also pretty straightforward. At level 10 of career you'll always start with great review and $ 1900 upon completion, which with great review reward you're guaranteed to get minimum of $ 2400 after finishing renovation if you do your best to please them, or $ 4800 a day for completing 2 jobs. A decent moneymaker, but will take forever to complete the LTW.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 01:27:43 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone!

I like the Architect Career in the aspect that I can be creative, but I don't like how it is turning out overall.  I also didn't like the fact that I was putting in way too much time into my renovations (because I'm very creative)... it was a bit of a time trap for me.

I am running into this, too. To get through all 3 available jobs in a day, you have to be fast, especially once you unlock "Take Measurements" which will eat up a few sim hours of job-time.  I pick the project that mosts interests me that day to do first, and try to get out to the site right away. If I finish it to my satisfaction, then other projects I get to that same day are just a bonus. Also, save after every successful job, as soon as you have added it to your portfolio.

Be aware that if you move to another town, your portfolio resets to 0% complete! That was a shocker when I pulled up stakes in Bridgeport to move my household to Moonlight Falls. Zoinks!
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »

Be aware that if you move to another town, your portfolio resets to 0% complete! That was a shocker when I pulled up stakes in Bridgeport to move my household to Moonlight Falls. Zoinks!

Did you move with the in-game moving action or through saving to library?

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 03:05:01 AM »
I moved using in-game moving action on a computer or possibly phone. I haven't copied an Ambitions career Sim to the bin and pasted them into a new town using Edit Town yet - that may avoid the reset.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe