Author Topic: Sims 4 - Weird pictures, funny posts, or something new?  (Read 321069 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 - Weird pictures, funny posts, or something new?
« Reply #1080 on: July 29, 2022, 12:12:46 AM »
YEs it was me that mentioned that. I personally am a fan of fears. Actual consequences. In addition overcoming them are a mini asperation. Love it. too bad it is only High school years and base game only at this time. Unless you have the Storm chaser reward trait all sims get scared of lightning, but it isn't a fear. That update came when Paranormal came out and the scared emotion was added to the base game. Great update.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #1081 on: July 29, 2022, 02:01:50 PM »
Well, the fears are not just teens; even my adults got the fear of unfulfilled dreams and were VERY angry. I have more than just the base game also.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1082 on: July 30, 2022, 04:38:04 PM »
Hi Mod Hunter, For your sim freaking out during the thunderstorm, I just found out that we can turn fears off in Game Options. I believe it was Scoed who mentioned it. My sims were extremely angry over nothing really (an unfulfilled wish)! As you said, whoever wrote that dumb code!!!! I think the EA devs are determined to make our games miserable. Maybe it's the butt of their joke?

It seems like I have to check this in my (updated) game. Thank you. Wants and Fears was something we had back in the Sims 2 and I kind of like that but it seems to be more complicated here (of course). It seems a little to illogical to me that absolutely everyone of the sims fear thunderstorms. But I will check it.   
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1083 on: July 30, 2022, 08:31:12 PM »
Wants and fears, and the Fear emotion, are two different things. 
The Fear emotion was introduced in the Cottage Living patch.  So rather than becoming Tense during a thunderstorm or something else that would be scary, they become afraid.  And they can panic from it, and do special actions because of their panic.
Wants and fears are different.  There's something the sim wants, and they experience various emotions because they're afraid they won't get it.

And speaking of wants, how do you figure out WHAT the sim wants?  Maybe I'll help them work on it, if only I knew what it was...

Ohhh, I see, they are supposed to come up like whims used to.  I'm not seeing this.  I didn't turn it off, but my game options for pack content are greyed out, I can't touch them.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #1084 on: July 31, 2022, 01:26:05 PM »
Unfortunately, wants and fears are grouped together. At least in my game they are. I can't turn fears off and keep wants. :(

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1085 on: August 01, 2022, 08:20:05 AM »
OK, so I did check this. My updated laptop game is on patch level 1.89.214.1030 and there is no way to turn of this new fear emotions.  :( Whims is on but as I don't have the most recent patch there is nothing "extra" about them.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1086 on: August 03, 2022, 01:03:54 PM »
Anyway...

This is Ms Linnea Lindström.

I was playing the lot she and her (young adult) daughter lives on when the Lottery came up. They both bought a ticket and the older sim won! It's the first time that I had a household winning the lottery while I play them. Shortly after the message Linnea did go to Chez Llama  to have dinner with her boyfriend. Just as they sat down my sim did get a message on her phone. A friend from Oasis Springs wanted to come over... and that should not have anything to do with Linnea winning the lottery! Yeah, sure  ::) . Side facts: Nani, the woman who did send the message, and her husband did win the lottery not that long ago so they do have a "boatload" of money themself.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1087 on: August 03, 2022, 03:47:28 PM »
The lottery has been a thing since Seasons, in summer 2018.  I play a lot more than I would like to admit, and I have had a sim win the lottery... once.
But yes, one of your friends will suddenly call you out of nowhere.  At least it isn't like real life, and friends and relatives you haven't heard from in years come out of the woodwork...

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1088 on: August 27, 2022, 04:22:55 PM »
How can it be that it's only me who post pics in this thread+ com on, post some pictures please.  :)

Anyhow, this are my two pictures. The first one is a thing that I have never seen before. I did play a young adult and as many others she are into gardening. The woman were outside and had just taken care of her the homegrown stuff when suddenly she become very tense and I did see the symbol below. The trophy meant that my sim is ambitious and she got tens because she have no job. That was new to me. It did not happen before and I did not see it any time afterwords. It must have been a one time thing.

The next picture can look kind of scary but it's the way things can mix sometimes. The dark woman was standing in this corner and the blond one did get shooed out of the bathroom. And she ended up in the same spot. In the exact same spot!  :o

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #1089 on: September 04, 2022, 01:44:02 AM »
Been far too long since I found something weird but here we are...

Nakoi Ito is officially married to two women at the same time, first to his normal wife Megumi, and secondly to a sim i created and had kids with Evie Straud.. somewhat tempted to rekindle the love with Ally Straud and see if that results in a third marriage..

Sims marriage.jpg

Didn't think it was possible but apparently it is if the NPC requests the engagement versus your controlled sim requesting the engagement.. at least that's my theory on it.   
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1090 on: September 04, 2022, 12:00:58 PM »
That can be an interesting play. I hope non of them have a jealousy trait.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #1091 on: September 11, 2022, 04:14:13 AM »
My sims Grandmother just asked my sim out on a date.. not sure if I should embrace it or be creeped out by it a little

Tonya.jpg

I only said yes so that I could get rid of the annoying pop up without all the negative moodlets that come with rejection.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #1092 on: September 28, 2022, 08:55:21 PM »
I posted this pic on my legacy story, but when I played the household last time, I was w/my sim at work and was curious about one of her co-workers and went into CAS to take a look. When I exited CAS, it took me to the home lot. Usually no big deal except the I had hired a nanny to take care of the toddler instead of her going to daycare. I switched over to my sim again, but when she got home, the nanny stuck around and did some household stuff for her. Later on, a guy comes and just walks into the house w/o knocking and goes over to the nanny and then she leaves. Both she and the guy have a hand over their heads. Immediately after the nanny leaves, he proceeds to leave, walking through the bathroom wall!

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1093 on: October 09, 2022, 06:59:03 AM »
When we talk about walking through walls... This house in Newcrest is well known for one thing: Random sims don't see it! NPC's walk this way and drift of more and more to the right. They won't even stop because of the wall. Walking the other way they just use the house as a transit route, ignoring walls, hedges, doors and what not.  ???

The way this woman randomly begin to show my sim how to fish... (and as he do not like strangers he did get a "tense" moodlet).  ;D

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1094 on: October 09, 2022, 09:53:40 AM »
I don't have pictures for this, but I do have something weird that happened in my game.  My sim married Bjorn Bjergsen.  And Clara is still alive, and also married to him!
Now, "that" mod will allow this, but there's some specific things you have to do first.  Both sims have to be given a trait from the mod first, and neither have gotten it.  This was instead caused by Neighborhood Stories, and the new actions introduced in High School Years.  I just wanted my sim to make a baby with a blonde haired premade father, so she flirted and asked him to be her boyfriend.  They did make a baby together.  And then one day Bjorn walked in, and wanted to be best friends.  Except, instead of best friends, they were engaged!  So can they actually get married?  Yup!  So they did, and my sim moved into the Bjergsen household!

Ah, I see @Franki has had this happen too!  Yes, apparently if it's the NPC proposing, it can happen. 
I'm now tempted to start a game with a male sim, and see how many wives he can collect, just by getting girlfriends and letting them propose.