Author Topic: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 11  (Read 2498 times)

Curveball

Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 11
« on: September 06, 2014, 05:05:42 PM »
Mastermind Immortal Dynasty: Generation 1

Introductions

So, Sims 4 is very pretty but also very bare. It made me miss how full of stuff Sims 3 is… It also made me feel bad for not doing the Dynasty Challenge in Sims 3 even though I’d planned to, so while EA develops another 17 add-ons and our wonderful sim challenge-makers make the new challenge rules for Sims 4, I’m going to remember the wonderful days of Sims 3 and finally do all those things I told myself I’d do with the game.

Before we start, a warning: this isn’t going to be a real story, with plot and dialogue and all those things creative people on the forums do so well. I know if I start something like this I’ll just get too lazy to complete it and it’s going to end up in the graveyard. So this is just a straight-up accounting of the things that went on in my game.

This is our founder, Master Mastermind. He is Evil, in case you can’t tell :) His other traits are Family-Oriented, Ambitious, Proper and Genius. He’s also a witch, because I’ve never actually played with supernaturals and those are the only ones that are allowed. This challenge is a way for me to try out the things in the game that I never got around to, so as much as possible I'm going to go with the flow.

In the spirit of trying new things I’m starting this thing in Union Cove. It’s very pretty, and I can feel all the rich sims living in all those large houses judging us from afar. A good thing about the town is also the fact that I don’t know anyone in it, so I sent Master to knock on doors and meet new people. I wouldn’t have let the guy who just moved in across the street with only a sleeping bag and a mini-fridge in, but sims are forbidden to be sensible by EA overlords, everyone knows that.

There’s a wonderful blue lady across the street by the name of Thea Voice, who looks simply stunning. She got bored when we talked about etiquette and family and I almost decided to pass on her, but just as Master was leaving she revealed that she is artistic. See how smug her expression is in the second shot? She knows I’ll be back.

Another candidate, also living not far away. Cons: crazy eyes. Pros: adorable puppy.

The rest of the day was spent gaining gardening skill, registering as self-employed and planting a garden. Master’s supermax skill is actually alchemy, but we need the garden for the life fruit and the ingredients, so that made more sense. I bought some Red Bean seeds for my coffee plantation, planted them and that was pretty much the end of the day.

I’m used to playing with Relativity, so having time go by so quickly is definitely new. This is our lot, as I mentioned nothing but a bed roll and a mini-fridge. There was no money for the bathroom, even. I could have gone to the fire station or moved someone in, but I wanted to start on my own and be dirt-poor for a while, like in the olden days.

What I forgot, though, in my nostalgic slumming on the front lawn, is that Seasons means hot weather during the summer. Master became dangerously overheated while he slept, so I got him over across the street to visit Thea to cool off indoors. But just as he was ringing the doorbell he caught on fire.

Yeah. On fire. Thankfully the pool was there and he was able to extinguish himself – only to be caught on fire again when he got out.

Perspective thus gained, I talked to Thea some more and moved her in. She brought no money but had a car in her inventory that paid for a roof over their heads and a fence around Malcolm’s garden.

And if you think I let him take a shower after almost burning to death twice instead of bringing him to tend to his wilting plants you are clearly a more empathetic person than I.

In case you think I’m cruel only to the sims of my own creation, here’s a shot of a deer looking in on Thea, who now spends her days locked in our shack, painting and sculpting. Her LTW is Arc builder: have two of every pet. Just as a joke played on her, the neighborhood’s pets are always running through our lot on their own pet business.

All together now: aaaaw.

I started a bug collection for her to get the Stir-crazy moodlet off her. Maybe I’ll actually accomplish her LTW, in the spirit of trying new things. We have place for it… for now.

This is basically Thea’slife: painting and talking to the plumber. Her traits are Artistic, Charismatic, Insane, Kleptomaniac and Natural Cook, and she is obviously supposed to be a star of her own stuff, but she is forever relegated to the painting monkey slot. I thought about it and I’m not really feeling her and Masters' romance, so he'll have to find a new wife.

Master’s life is knocking on doors and trying to hit it off with women. Since I literally know nothing about anyone in this town I devised a test for their eligibility: discuss matters of etiquette and talk about family interactions. If they get bored by those, they’re not eligible. Scarlet here didn’t seem too thrilled by either of them and seemed to have a daughter, so probably not.

I would have loved to marry Morticia, but her husband was playing on the computer right there. Le sigh. The pink blond lady was a contender too, if only for the delightful juxtaposition. And then… then I saw Her.

I had noble intentions about compatibility tests for future spouses and roleplaying and other things, but when I saw her I just had to have her. She is just too pretty. Her name is Liz Tuder, and she registered as a Workaholic right away, but that’s not important.

Cannot resist the pretty.

Also, the Adams family is as adorable in Sim form as it is on TV. Notice how dashing Master looks, pining after his only true love. *Master opens his mouth, but Curveball slaps her hand over it* True and only love I say! Pretty!

Good thing about Liz and Master is that they’re attracted to each other and hit it off just fine right from the start. She’s a Workaholic and Charismatic, but at this point I don’t care.

Bad, but also sort of adorable thing about Liz and Master is that the moment I stop controlling them their dates devolve into reading salons.

I got them out of the house and away from the allure of the bookcase, and can I just mention again how good Union Cove looks? A lot of the time Master will be running to the consignment store and I’ll be following him with my camera going ooohh and aaaah at the views.

Another thing that is pretty: Liz. Especially Liz’ eyes.

I’m not sure I want to know what’s in that drink to give him a face like this. He’s pretty high on both his gardening and alchemy skills at this time, so who knows…

For Thea the life is still dreary. She got her Painting up to 7 and is now on Sculpting. I’ve given up on the Stir-crazy moodlet. Her only friends are the repair technician and Master, and Master is… not great at being a friend.

Exhibit A: Master’s high-five face.

Yes, darling, I know your pain. Well, I don’t, but I inflicted your pain so that means I sort of know it? Right? *shifty eyes*

Another friend Thea made is a cat named Leia Marsden. She pretty much moved in, staying for days on end, providing Thea with Social boosts and me with endless supplies of cuteness. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out a way to adopt her but sadly she’s a neighborhood cat and I haven’t been able to figure out a way.

I just couldn’t anymore. I felt so bad for Thea and her inability to cat-nap Leia from her neighborhood masters I adopted her a cat. His name is French Fry, and he is the cutest. I’m leaning toward doing her LTW with elderly animals. 6 major Pets will still leave us a place in the household for a child…

We end on an obligatory wedding photo. Winter was coming, and I decided it was time to tie the knot with Liz. In the background you can see Thea painting, as always. But she has a cat now, and a dream… so maybe things won’t be so bad.

Bonus screenshot of Master getting lightningbolted while gardening during the autumn thunderstorms. Yes, this is what he wears to bed, and since gardening in your pj’s is par for the course in my games, this is also the outfit he wears until at least noon…

So this is the end of the introductory chapter, folks. This is probably where I'll be posting the challenge things to keep track of all the requirements, but I don't have anything done yet, so it's easy to track  ;D Hopefully this made at least some of you chuckle.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »
This is pretty awesome for something made lazily, though. ;) Seriously, I had a few good laughs. Keep up the good work!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
Keep it coming, I need a sims 3 fix after playing 4 this afternoon. Nothing beats an ID for that :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 06:18:19 PM »
My "stories" make your story look like a masterpiece, and I like your attitude.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 09:28:47 AM »
I like your style ;) this looks to be pretty interesting - you have a very fresh writing style, so keep 'em coming :D

Curveball

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 02:58:56 AM »
First, Trip, saltpastillen, Malley, KRae and notjustabook - thank you for your kind words :) I've made a mistake of playing further than I've written, so now I'm trying to catch up... so let's start now. It seems silly to have a recap at chapter 2...

We start off here with Thea, cheering for her own transition to adulthood. Master still has days to his own transition, and it’s too close to call if she’d be able to make it with the ice challenge by then.

And yes, I got her another cat. I’m going to try for the Arc Builder LTW. It requires her to have two dogs, two cats, two horses and two of each minor pet. I’m adopting elder pets and feeling like a monster for hoping they die in time to allow future generations.

Speaking about future generations. Liz brought in a lot of money, so I pulled together a house for them to live in. You can see the greenhouse in the back of the lot, and the original shack is going to be the home of Thea and her zoo.

Now Liz. Liz is Ambitious, Brave, Charismatic, Genius and Workaholic, and she’s pretty high on the Political career ladder. Her LTW is Renaissance Sim, so I don’t have to keep her career, but I just couldn’t make her quit, I knew it would make her miserable. While Master and Thea slaved in their newly barely furnished shell of a home Liz prowled Union Cove for new friends and acquaintances.

I honestly have no idea how people ever did this challenge without alchemy. Master made his wife a few Friendship Elixirs and she went out throwing them at random people, getting the friends she needed to advance her Charisma skill in no time. (Actually as I’m writing this, I do remember starting out with a Politics sim one of the times I attempted a Legacy; as long as you do it in the right order the skill is easy to max. So Alchemy just made me lazy. Lazier :D)

While Liz was busy with her career I decided to move more pets in for Thea’s LTW. I got two elderly dogs and two horses (one elder and one adult because there was no more elders available and I was on a roll). I waited for the spring for the spawners to come out and then used the lifetime reward points I scraped together from Master to buy a collection helper. I got two more butterflies, two snakes,  two rodents, two birds to add to the two beetles… And nothing. I went around the forums and found out the Arc Builder LTW is notoriously buggy, tried some fixes, it didn’t work… So I ragequit. If I’m not going to have the satisfaction of fulfilling Thea’s LTW having all those pets running around will drive me nuts. I call do-over.

Do-Over Magic Activated

So we’re starting from scratch. Not as pure an experience, but I figure everyone’s entitled to one ragequit early in Gen 1. Another version of Union Cove got created and another copy of Master Mastermind got moved into the large empty lot.

This time he didn’t knock on the door of the house across the street. Hopefully Thea will live a happy life off the Dynasty lot, and we need someone to sucker into being miserable with us all over again.

I abandoned all pretense of spontaneity and just went for the power-gamer start this time. The guy across the street lived alone, so we got to be friends with him and moved him in the next morning. He’s a Couch Potato Computer Whiz with Commitment Issues and a Good Sense of Humor, and he Loves the Outdoors. He wants to be a professional author, which will probably never happen with his art slave duties. Sorry, Rob Kennedy. I’ve been burned by trying for art slave LTWs before, and my heart is now an empty, frozen thing that knows no pity.

This is how the Mastermind house looks on day 2 of the Dynasty, courtesy of the Kennedy household. I had to rebuild it a few times because of a weird floor glitch but Rob had enough money to pay for our landscape leveling mistakes.

What I realized after that is that I have no idea where Liz is. We’d met in the coffee shop and she always came over or we went out, so I had no idea where her house was. And yeah, buddy, that stinks.

I found her, of course, by frantically searching every house in the area looking for her last name, but I had an oh crap moment there. They do continue being the cutest, dorkiest couple I ever saw in the sims.

And Liz continues to use her dates with Master to skill up… In case you’re wondering about the bed, no funtime activities went on there. The raciest interaction Master is allowed before marriage is Dip Kiss.

Yes, this one. I decided not to wait to move in Liz this time since she has to get a good start on her career. She does seem very presidential, so I want her to finish it.

This is our Gen1 couple’s days. Master’s coffee plantation is bringing in some money, although not enough to progress him up the career ladder fast enough. Liz’ career of throwing things at people and running away is also progressing nicely.

2 days before Master’s adult age transition, this is Rob’s 25th ice sculpture. The guy himself is off, drunk on freedom after days of mainlining invigorating elixirs and petting the cat for Social gain.

There was actually a possibility of a lady love for Rob. We got the good camera from the consignment store and he went out to take photos and met Koda Chrome. He even rolled a wish to take a photo of her. And even though she didn’t like him much, I planned to have him get to know her better if just to give him something to do now that the mad sculpture rush is done… Sadly, a bit after that fateful meeting the game crashed.

This is Rob’s answer to me not seeking out Koda Chrome to meet her again. These exact portraits were actually lost in another crash (I now know to save diligently, thanks for reminding me, Sims 3), but the new ones weren’t much better.

This is a screenshot of Liz leaving the City Hall as Union Cove’s new mayor.

This is a screenshot of Master getting up in the middle of the night to cheer for his own Adult age transition.

Do you know what that means?

What is this suspiciously rectangular red liquid, Liz?... *the players that use Alchemy in their games extensively collectively gasp in horror*

Yep, I was trying for triplets with the elixir here, but sadly failed. I forgot the old trick of watching kid TV and just put my faith in the magic, and they had only one child. A life lesson in there somewhere.

Here’s the new addition to the Mastermind Dynasty being aged up to toddler after the uneventful baby days. His name is Angelus, and yes, I am going with Buffy villains as my naming scheme. I can do 15 generations of sims and never run out of names that way :D

I like having a bit of randomness in my games so I rolled for traits, and Angelus rolled Eccentric and Neurotic. I would be cranky too if my fate was sealed for 7 future generations, I have to say. His supermax skill will be Sculpting, with Painting and Photography as other max skills. I was planning on Visionary LTW, but since he got Eccentric I might try for Descendant of DaVinci.

I have to say I forgot about Master’s Family-Oriented trait, but he keeps rolling rolling wishes to do stuff with him and interacting with him automatically (when he is not busy slaving away in the greenhouse or at the alchemy station).

We end here with an ominous pregnancy picture. I’ll remember to watch kids TV this time *shakes fist*.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 09:55:26 AM »
Ha, ha, before I read all of your chapter I was going to go 'You're brave to go for the Arc Builder - always bugged for me'... I see that I was too late for that XD So sorry that it bugged out for you, too. I can't stand that LTW now :P

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 03:46:42 PM »
Sorry to hear about the do-over.  I love Master's cute little kitty slippers.  What an evil and scary guy with those fuzzy kitty slippers  ;)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »
Rage quitting - a classic!

Yes, elixirs make us lazy...have fun teaching Angelus the traits...

Curveball

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »
Thank you for the comments, guys :) I'm pleased to say no more ragequits occurred  ;)

Mastermind Immortal Dynasty Chapter 3

I think Rob lost his fighting spirit. Master’s adult portraits are much less horrible than his YA ones. Rob became an elder, by the way, and I felt horrible when I realized I don’t even have pictures of that. I remember pregnant Liz was in attendance, and I thought I snapped a picture, but apparently not.

To celebrate his elderhood Rob went out to max his Photography skill. A neighbor had pets up for adoption so I decided to pop in to take some pictures. Here’s another shoutout to Union Cove’s prettiness. Very nice house.

And they have the cutest pure while cat in existence.

And three beautiful white kittens… I had to cover my eyes and run off as soon as I got pictures, or I’d have adopted one for sure.

This is Liz’ “Like a boss” face after maxing Logic. The plan is for her now to tutor Rob in logic, and then have him pass on his painting, sculpting and photography skills to her since he’s getting on in years. Why is Liz not pregnant, you ask?

She gave birth to twins. Here you can see all the three kids. Angelus is in the toybox, Darla is contemplating the toy boat and William (after William the Bloody) is playing with the dollhouse. Darla is an Insane Genius and William is Good and Easily Impressed. He’s the only that has Liz’ hair and Master’s magic.

This is a shot of Angelus’ evil birthday face.

Angelus has his mother’s eyes, which is a source of endless delight to me. His traits are now Eccentric, Neurotic and Perfectionist (that last one I chose).

Master finally grew his first life fruit. He’s far too low on his gardening career, but I’m taking him out now to throw elixirs at people to complete the Alchemist Anonymous challenge. He’s getting to know a lot of people, that’s for sure :D

With Liz’ maternity leave finally over, she’s heading out to conquer the world just as her firstborn is heading out to his first day of school.

And then Liz is heading out to conquer the fishing skill. We almost have everything completed for Master, except the properties, which are easy, and the opportunities. Those are the ones worrying me. He’s now on Outstandingly Rare, and this is only his 2nd opportunity. He didn’t get the Alchemy opportunity after maxing that skill. At first I thought it was because he maxed out Gardening around the same time and the Gardening opportunities used their base game cred to muscle out the Alchemy opportunities, but then I read somewhere that you only get that if you have the Ancient Library rabbithole in your neighborhood, and Union Cove doesn’t have that. So now I’m worried…

We interrupt this program to bring to you the unsung hero of this Dynasty, Mr. T. He’s the cat that moved in with Rob Kennedy, and he’s always been around to give the madly skilling people a Social boost when they needed it.

I feel sort of bad for him and for Rob. When I’m done with the Dynasty they’re getting resurrected and released into the wild for sure…

Angelus’ faces worry me. He went on a field trip to the science center and the teacher pop-up came up saying “Get out of that Faraday Cage!”. I’m wondering if he’s plotting anything.

His paintings are also… Unique. I think it’s the Neurotic trait.

The twins are finally aging up, with the whole family in attendance. It’s around 4 am, though. I can never get their sleep schedules anywhere close to realistic, especially with the good beds. Not that many of them sleep…

William and Darla. Master’s mouth and eyes, but we do have red hair! I rolled for traits, and William is now Good, Excitable Virtuoso (he’ll be the one to do the art/sculpting/photography after Liz passes on), and Darla is an Insane Genius that Loves the Outdoors.

The twins aged up on Leisure day so Liz took them out to the festival for some family time. Family time that sadly doesn’t include Master, since he’s chained to his garden/consigning/elixir-throwing. By the way, do you know why Master’s Gardening career went so slowly? I was selling stuff out of his inventory because I forgot how much money consigning brings… I’m now consigning religiously.

This is an interesting way of deciding who momma’s favorite is, guys.

Especially since momma’s favorite is clearly her career…

I’m being mean. Liz is a great mom – was all through the kids babyhood/toddlerhood, actually. She’s one of those sims that are always on top of things.

Family time ended with Liz riding off to fish some more while kids got home on their own. I like this picture because twins became instant best friends the first day they aged up and Angelus is the heir, so he’s always away doing heir things, never in on the game. D’aaaaw… I think I’m putting more thought into it than I should.

Keeping the flame alive is hard in a Dynasty household, but Liz and Master carved a couple of hours in the evening after Liz came home from fishing for angelfish. Master’s elder birthday is coming up soon, and he’s at Level 9 of his Gardening career with a lot of money still to earn. The cheese plants for the second gardening opportunity are also growing very slowly, but aside from those two things everything else is on track.

This is a bonus shot. Remember my Logic plan? It happened. Liz maxed out Logic, then tutored Rob in it, and then Rob spent four days passing on his knowledge of Photography and Painting to her. But since we had two toddlers at the house and Master was always in the garden or throwing elixirs at people they had to stay in the nursery so that whenever Darla or William needed something they’d be on hand. They had apples in their inventories and subsisted on that, invigorating elixirs and elixirs of bliss. 

Curveball

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 04:04:56 PM »
Malley, thanks :) I've only just tried the tutoring system now, and I can't believe I played without it...

Mastermind Immortal Dynasty Chapter 3

Welcome back to the Mastermind household, where gardening is done in footie pajamas or formalwear, and fishing is done in your mayoral duds. For Dynasty historians and connoisseurs out there – Liz’ boss is Bubblegum Dreamweaver. And since Darla rolled Loves the Outdoors she’ll be our deathfish procurer and collector.

And do you hear the cheering? 6 days to his elderhood Master maxed out his Gardener career. I’m enrolling him into Science career to get some opportunities for him before it’s too late. He’s still not done with his last skill challenge, has more opportunities to complete, friends to make and a property to purchase. The last two will be easy, though.

This is our newly upgraded property, Upper Lake Fishing Spot. We made a place there for the Vault of Antiquity rabbithole. The tower thing is a shell for now, until I figure out what to put there…

And this is Liz catching her first deathfish.

Just as gardening in footie pajamas is a tradition for Master, painting in footie pajamas is a tradition for Angelus.

And it’s another tradition for Rob to be just out of shot with these pictures… Another metaphor, I suppose.

Still his mother’s eyes. I’m not quite sure about the makeover, but this is how I imagined an Eccentric, Perfectionist and Neurotic teen to look like. By the way, I chose Savvy Sculptor as Angelus’ fourth trait, trying to trigger the Descendant of DaVinci LTW. He’s been rolling money LTWs and pet LTWs, but I click out of those…

Darla rolled a Master Magician LTW, and I agreed. Why not?

Rob is getting on in years, so I rushed his sculpture/portrait taking… Let me know how you feel, rob, why don’t you :D

On Week 6 Day 1 I got a message that Master and Liz had a 1-year anniversary that day… I took them to the Zen Park where they’d gotten married a year before, and they celebrated with an obligatory Dip Kiss.

Week 6, Day 2. We have ingredients for Ambrosia and a cook to make it… Only those potions and opportunities to go, Master!

Master finally finished growing the cheese for the Outstandingly Rare opportunity, and the first one he got after that was Free Vacation. I looked at it for a full minute before finally taking it. Can’t be choosy.

That meant Gardening 0 Angelus was left with the greenhouse… I considered just demolishing one of the walls and letting the plants go dormant (it was autumn and already chilly) but in the end I didn’t want Master’s planted steaks and patties to skip growing time, so I left it.

The common mythology is that while the parents are away the kids are going nuts, but it went a little bit like my own experience at staying at home alone went… The same stuff, only with less noise. Angelus rolled a want to throw a teen party, but the problem with that was that he knew no one of teen age.  I’m not sure there ARE kids in this town, to be honest… Whenever I choose ‘meet new friends’ at school for any of the Gen2 children they never meet anyone…

The greenhouse took Angelus forever to even water so the plants didn’t wilt, which resulted in him missing two days of school. But the plans stayed alive, and Gardening is a free skill, so it’s okay. And he might have missed two days of school, but he didn’t miss his prom! According to the pop-ups he got in a fight, got crowned King, got rejected for a dance, went through a prom backdrop, and is now in a relationship with Hubert Jordon. And in case you’re wondering, yes, Hubert is a guy’s name. Curiouser and curiouser 

Rob came back from the vacation 91 years old, so first order of business was to pass on his cooking skill to Liz, who became a knowledge holder for all the stuff the households needs to be able to do. She knows Fishing, Sculpting, Cooking and Photography, which is basically everything, since Painting is very easy to skill up and Master has a handle on Gardening. Since Darla is a Genius I’m thinking she’ll hold a similar position later.

The twins got aged up in front of their respective skilling objects the same day their parents got home.

Master’s mouth can look quite unfortunate, I found >_> But William rolled Irresistible for his fourth trait, so it doesn’t seem to bother him any. Darla looks like I spent hours in CAS fiddling with sliders creating her… Just stunning. She rolled Hopeless Romantic as her fourth trait. This is going to be interesting…

In case anyone’s keeping track: Angelus – Eccentric, Neurotic, Perfectionist, Savvy Sculptor; Darla – Insane, Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Hopeless Romantic; William – Good, Excitable, Virtuoso, Irresistible. Also, our Dynasty heir is gay. o_O It will be an interesting generation…

Master aged up too, and sadly lost both his spiffy creature of the night everyday duds and footie pajamas… I had to make do with bunny ear slippers. Here you can see him already madeover, playing with Mr T while Rob keeps instructing Liz in cooking even though she’d gone invisible.

Angelus’ birthday present is a guitar to go along with his Virtuoso trait. He immediately rolled Master of the Arts LTW, which I promptly locked in for him.

I took Angelus out to meet his prom sweetheart. This is Hubert Jordon. He has a certain bad boy appeal… By which I mean the cowboy hat makes him look like a douche. The traits that Angelus figured out were Flirty and Family-Oriented. Angelus got his first kiss and then immediately got a wish to brush his teeth three times. I guess that’s Neurotic sims for you :D

I missed the shot with the LTR points, but this is Liz maxing out her Cooking skill. Rob doesn’t have anything else to do in the Dynasty house. At 94 years old he finally gets to pursue writing… Sorry Rob. There will be a lot of free time to write in the afterlife, and I promise you get your LTR when I resurrect you.

This is Ayame Jin. A Jar of Potent friendship thrown at her was our 49th elixir.

And this was the 50th. Yes, I decided to make Angelus a witch too. Well, I mean Master decided, obviously. Because he is a true evil mastermind. *shifty eyes*

I honestly have no idea why I never tried to tutoring thing before. It’s so much easier! One conversation and William almost maxed out his Photography and Angelus got his grades back up after his 2-day greenhouse slavery.

Speaking of the greenhouse, Master now has help with it, which is good, considering he has to leave for work at 8 am. He only has one more opportunity to go (he’s completed Alchemical Mastery and Outstanding Tasting Ingredients). So next time we’ll find out if he does complete his requirements or if I throw my computer to the ground and run off into the night, sobbing.

I forgot doing Inventing could set you on fire… But Angelus is still a very respectful young lad, he doesn’t forget to say hi to the Dynasty helper passing by in his underwear…

At this point I’ve written as far as I’ve played, so the updates will come slower now… Also, in the next chapter: Rob’s devious plan to sabotage the dynasty…

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 09:51:53 PM »
This is really a funny dynasty! Good luck with Master...

Curveball

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »
Mastermind Immortal Dynasty Chapter 5

Who is it there, standing in front of the City Hall, looking mighty presidential? And not a day too soon. Liz finally got promoted to Leader of the Fee World on the last day of her adulthood. I made her change into her final career outfit before heading out home for the customary kitchen celebration.

I find it adorable that she’d stared at Master all the way through aging up, but then it’s nothing new; I find everything about Liz adorable.

Also, I have to say, it was wise of her to age up in a career outfit…

In other Dynasty news, I realized I don’t have Master’s museum pieces done. At all. So Rob had to stop writing his second novel and go photograph, paint and sculpt again…

I think that was the final straw. At 96 days he was supposed to be free from Dynasty art slavery, but even now he couldn’t have any peace… So he decided to leave at the most inopportune moment.

I have to mention now that while Angelus and William both have decent sculpting skills, neither of them is anywhere near Ice Personality. So I was already planning a lengthy vacation fuelled by invigorating elixirs when the second terrible thing happened.

Mr. T got the Grim to leave Rob alive. And the point of the Immortal Dynasty is no prolonging mortal sims’ lives. So if not mess up my museum pieces, the Kennedys decided they’d just disqualify me from hall of fame…

Thankfully I was allowed to continue. Which meant Rob got to finish the sculpture and then I just stopped controlling him altogether, leaving him to his own devices.

Whatcha doing, Rob? Why aren’t you writing your book like you wanted to?

“I can’t write it autonomously and you didn’t direct me to do it, you dream-murdering sadist.”

Oh, so being controlled is good for something. Good to know. *whistles innocently*

This is Master, with what I thought was his final opportunity ringing in his pants. He picked up the phone, then put it down with disgust. I could have smacked him through the screen… He did get an opportunity in the morning, though.

This is the reason I normally dislike parties, but Gen 1 heir turning adult seemed like a good occasion to get over myself.

I love how above it all he looks. His fifth trait (rolled, funnily enough) is Proper. This is really not proper attire, though. Angelus is thus the first sim to get outfit-shamed in this dynasty. I did choose the Descendant of DaVinci LTW.

While everyone else was eating cake Master had his own special meal prepared. He completed his last requirement the day before. So, for posterity:

Master Mastermind

Traits: Evil, Family-Oriented, Proper, Genius, Ambitious
Lifetime Wish: Alchemy Artisan
Supermax skill: Alchemy
Career: Gardening
Investments: Disavadero Book Store, Upper Lake fishing spot
LTRs: Collection Helper, Suave Seller, Fertility Treatment
Best Friends: Liz Mastermind, Scooter Johnson, Atria Maroon, Pietro Gepetto, Chikano Jin, Ayame Jin
Black Ops: Uncommonly Good, Outstandingly Rare, Free Vacation, Alchemic Mastery, Outstanding Tasting Ingredients, Great Greens
Other maxed skills: Gardening
Immortality Achieved – Week 7 Day 7

Only 7 of those to go. Yay!

To the right you can see Angelus in his new YA duds. I’m still not sure how Neurotic, Eccentric, Perfectionist, Proper sim who is a Savvy Sculptor should look, so that’s the best I could do.

Oh also, there’s a Grim Reaper visiting again.

This time he came for Mr. T, the cat that almost ended the dynasty. You were adorable but far more evil than Master, Mr. T. I will miss your cuteness but not your treachery.

And now I know what to make of the tower on our first owned property.

Generation 2 becoming YA meant only one thing to me – vacation! After the frantic sculpture/career/opportunity rush the change of pace was welcome.

Not that Angelus or William had much of that. After William took a few photos of landmarks he was locked in the basecamp with a skill book alongside Angelus, who was maxing out Inventing for his LTW. Maybe with a book he won’t max Handiness as well, leaving it as a backup skill for future generations…

Liz had an opportunity from work to complete, and it took her most of a day to do it. I’m not sure what it is with China, but it takes three or four tries to get targeted interactions with the locals, like turning in adventures or Liz’ “Chat Up” thing that she needed to do. After that she spent her time fishing and reading recipe books. I also planned to use this vacation for relationship building, but since Liz is perfect she is already at ‘best friends’ status with all her children. Obviously.

Since Master ate ambrosia there’s not much for him to do except practice magic in front of epic-looking landmarks.

Darla was the one having the adventures. She got to visa level 2.5 and collected a truly impressive amount of metals and rocks. I don’t plan on using them to make money, I just think they’re pretty and want a complete collection :D

Another thing Darla did was fight people in swimsuits and meditate on top of bridges to provide me pretty photo ops.

Where was Rob, you ask? Rob was home. Because Rob doesn’t like being dragged into dynasty business :P

*grumbling is heard off-screen*

Soon after returning Darla and William were heading off to prom…

And then heading off to adult life.

I invited Angelus’ high school boyfriend to the party and it turned out he aged up into another version of Angelus. It is a little bit creepy. They even have the same nose.

But, the twins. I largely left them with their earlier sense of style. I chose Good Sense of Humor for Darla’s fifth trait, because with traits like Insane, Genius, Loves the Outdoors and Hopeless Romantic as a spare in a Dynasty household she’s going to need one. Her LTW since childhood is Master Magician.

William is taking up Master’s fabulous hair dynasty in this generation. He rolled Easily Impressed. So he’s Good, Excitable, Easily Impressed, Irresistible Virtuoso. I think he’s the male version of the ‘talented but ditzy’ pop star trope. His LTW is Master of the Arts.

At graduation William was voted Most Likely to Be Mediocre and Darla Most Likely to Offend Others. Oh game, it’s like you know me.

After all the outfits were changed and all the hair was styled all three of the Mastermind children, who were finally children no more, gathered around their new pool table.

“So, bro,” Will said, staring intently at the table, “have you been getting out of the house, you know, meeting me some future sister-in-laws?”

Angelus cringed.

“Don’t call me that. And no, I haven’t been out much. Sculpting’s been keeping me pretty busy.”

“You do know you’re supposed to get married and have a kid, right?” Will poked at him with a cue. “That’s what ‘heir’ means. You’ve been an adult for 5 days and the only action you got was kissing your old high school boyfriend at our birthday party. Not cool.”

“I’m sure in a few days I’ll feel an inexplicable urge to go for a walk in the park,” Angelus shrugged. “Or Mother will use that SimFinder application to find someone suitable.”

The twins sighed and rolled their eyes at each other in perfect unison.

“This is pointless,” Darla said, turning to William. “I’m not even sure he’s real.”

“Well he’s getting there,” William replied, exasperated. “Just really slowly.”

Angelus stared. His sister was unstable, so he wasn’t surprised at her speaking nonsense, but Will was usually sane, if a little bit over-enthusiastic.

“Don’t you get it yet?” Will asked. “We’re having dialogue for the first time in our lives. We’re turning into real characters!”

Angelus shrugged. He didn’t feel very real, but even if that was happening, he failed to see what the matter was.
“If we’re turning into real characters,” Will continued, “then Dad must be, too. And if you don’t find yourself a wife he’ll have to be evil about getting you a new one, that’s just the law. Do you want to be the target of an evil scheme?”

“No?” Angelus said uncertainly. He could feel a strange tremble in his chest at the thought, and the desire to polish his screwdrivers.

“Well then,” Will smiled, meanwhile. “It’s decided. We’re going to university to find you a wife. There has to be at least one girl there that will like you there.”

“I don’t think that’s quite the problem,” Darla muttered, lining up her own shot. Her words made Angelus turn to her.

“And you? Do you think I should go?”

“Me?” Darla looked startled. “I don’t even like you. I’m just playing pool.”

Will laughed and put an arm around his brother.

“Come on. Let’s put that big brain of yours to use. I got the aptitude test bucket out of storage.”

And so they went.

Up next chapter: will the Masterminds becomes real characters? Will Angelus find a future wife? Will I be able to load my game after a trip to University?

A bonus shot of our first Dynasty burglar getting thoroughly trounced by Ms President. I forgot she was Brave...

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 05:38:35 PM »
“I can’t write it autonomously and you didn’t direct me to do it, you dream-murdering sadist.”

Oh, so being controlled is good for something. Good to know. *whistles innocently*

That made me laugh  ;D

And congrats on your first Immortal!

Curveball

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 01:34:31 PM »
Mastermind Dynasty Chapter 6

So, the plot hook from last time was a bad move on my part. The story turned into an epic of love and loss that demanded me to get back into old saves and re-shoot things, and it just spiraled out of control with dialogue and storyboards. So I decided – no. This thing will eat me alive if I let it. I’m only doing field reports, no drama.

So here is Darla, planning out her own Immortal Dynasty. The founder will supermax Bunnies. That’s very important.

Darla was basically the star of this show. She fished, collected rocks, learned cooking and science, and got DNA samples from people I only later found out would not survive the trip home.

She was also busy with other important things.

Angelus sculpted. That is all Angelus did.

Then Angelus sculpted some more.

Then Angelus took a break from sculpting that was unproductive but made me feel better about making him continue the family line.

Will’s whole stay at university was nothing but an extended break. He finished his ice challenge and then it was open season on everyone. His newfound Social Networking powers made dating a breeze.

The reason for Will’s newfound social network skills is that I thought it would help me find Angelus’ future wife. That didn’t work all that well (see exhibits A through C above for why that was), but then I remembered an important concept.

The concept of a beard.

So meet Millie Grubb, a Hopeless Romantic Virtuoso that will be coming to Union Cove to bring in the third generation of Masterminds. Yes, she’s Darla’s girlfriend and they’re both Hopeless Romantics. Yes, it’s a bit (a lot) incestuous – but that’s the sims for you.

I had a cunning plan of meeting all the hot university students, getting Will to make Darla friends with the most interesting-looking ones, and then bringing their DNA samples back to clone future spouses from them. There was even a DNA party halfway through the semester.

Ha bloody ha. This is a shot of the Masterminds returning from university – a thing that almost didn’t happen, by the way. I had to take out all my custom content and lower all my graphical settings to get the game to load. And of course I came back without the DNA samples. I later found out that even inviting the university people back and getting the samples again doesn’t work – the sample gets corrupted as soon as the person leaves. So theoretically if I wanted to try cloning someone I have to do it in the brief window they’re there. And when they leave I have no idea if the child won’t just pop out of existence.

Anyway, Union Cove is the same. People are protesting unicorns. Master gardens, Rob bumbles around the house not being controlled and therefore making no progress on his book – man, I wish I had a person controlling me sometimes that would make me do hard things like exercise and pursue my dreams instead of playing computer games… Sorry, lost my train of thought. Liz’ fulltime occupation is being awesome, Angelus saved his university sculptures and after a trip to the consignment store he is now Level 9 Sculptor. Will accepted a job as a band manager…

And Darla gave her first magic performance at a unicorn rally, wearing her graduation robes. It seems insane (Insane, haha, like the trait, get it – oh nevermind) that she spent all that time studying technology things but came back to her old childhood LTW of Magician but it makes sense to me. She can disappear you with magic AND also poison you with radiation. Good thing she didn’t inherit Master’s Evil trait.

The town is actually getting pretty old and people are starting to pass away. I’m so used to playing with story progression mods I didn’t realize this is going to be a problem until now. I’m not even sure how EA story progression works… But, well, we only need five more spouses, so hopefully it will be okay. *maniacal laughter heard in the background*

Never let it be said, though  that Darla misses a chance to perform for an audience.

Another elder that died was Rob the treacherous dynasty helper. You can see what he thinks about all of it by looking at his face.

That means redecorating time! I wanted to do the whole house but could barely finish the first floor, and it took me a week of game time. Here we have a living room, kitchen/dining room, two bedrooms, a study, and a nooboo room. You can see in the far left corner the master bedroom and bathroom still have the ‘default’ wallpaper and floor. That is mainly because Angelus still hasn’t grown a personality. Maybe it was a bad idea to name my first heir after my least favorite character in the whole wide jossverse…

It always takes me a lot of time and fiddling to redecorate, so I’m going to now take up valuable picture space with my interior design shots. This is the sitting room/party room/event room. The rogue bookcase that doesn’t match anything snuck in there for utilitarian reasons and needs to be replaced, but I got overwhelmed by an attack of laziness, so I just left it for now.

Kitchen and dining room. This was the first room to get done mainly for the birthday pictures, and I didn’t change much. I’m contemplating making a separate kitchen, but Cooking is my backup of a backup of a backup plan supermax skill, so I’m not sweating it for now.

This is Darla’s room. I went with the Asian theme mainly because she went to China and I’m unimaginative. And no, it’s not Darla sleeping in the bed.

This is the storage hallway. The art on the walls are things that I liked and that I intend to hang somewhere someday, and the chests hold perfect seeds/adventuring equipment/alchemy ingredients/ambrosia ingrediants/etc. Color coded for your convenience :D

This is going to be a permanent nooboo room. It looks like the contents of the SimsStore exploded in it; I rarely get to use this stuff so I went a bit nuts. I’m not going to remodel it, this will just be the room for every arriving Mastermind kid from now on.

There is also a library/study area that I forgot to take a shot of and a large undecorated master suite I already mentioned. The idea is it’s big so the heir’s skilling objects can be there for midnight supermax sessions.

There is the second floor too, and a greenhouse, and the treasure basement, but those are pretty bare. The whole house will probably get finished by gen 6 or so, with the speed I’m building >_<

So, with our household one person lighter I moved in Millie. I actually like what she was wearing, but  it was summer so I made her a summer outfit, and may I just say she’d been hiding some stunning legs under those baggy trousers. Adding some muscle definition to the family genetic pool will certainly be welcome.

Since we’re still roleplaying a bit, the younger Masterminds and their co-conspirator went to the laundromat in the dead of night to plot their evil plots. Because the laundromat is totally an acceptable evil plotting sight. Millie and Darla said goodbye for a few days…

Social networking magic.

I have to say even with Millie and Darla being just friends and Angelus being set as her love interest, and even with cinnamon it took a while to get them going. And Millie is a Hopeless Romantic; she supposedly has an easier time of it…

But eventually demented simmers prevailed, like they always do. Master and Liz had a wish for Angelus to be married locked in for a long, long time…

Aaand here it is, fulfilled. It would have been a really dramatic story, full of intrigue, lies and heartbreak, if I’d stopped being lazy and written it.

You can tell yourself that story while I show off the wedding pictures. It seems to be a tradition for me to coo at the generation’s spouse. I just love Millie. I do hate the name though, so I changed it to Millicent in the City Hall. She’s going to be a famous composer, it’s time to stop going by a childhood nickname.

And well, that’s it for this update. Tune in next time to see what other weird thing I come up with to make my favorite sims happy :)

As a bonus shot I have an artsy depressing shot of university I randomly took following Angelus’ trek to class…

… and this. Yes, this happened. After Gen 2 came back home we had two abductions in three days…

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 6
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
man, I wish I had a person controlling me sometimes that would make me do hard things like exercise and pursue my dreams instead of playing computer games…

I second that.  I'm reading Sims stories instead of working on my grad school paper right now so I totally understand...

The house is amazing!  Even if it takes till Gen.6, I'm sure it will be well worth it  ;D

Curveball

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »

This is the painting that got Angelus to Painting 10 and to completion of his LTW – Descendant of DaVinci. I shall just leave it here, for posterity. Because art, obviously.

Darla and Millicent have each other as best friends for the week, to make sure no weird shenanigans happen with the heir, but the looks they give each other make me think they remember something they are not supposed to.

This is why I adore Millicent. Because this is her ‘I’m going to give birth now’ face.

Meet generation 3. Her name is Faith. We’re sort of stretching it pretty thin here using her name, but if I named a child after Spike-the-eternal-lovesick-woobie I can name a child after Faith. Besides, I’m doing Martial Arts this generation and no one would be better for that. I chose Athletic and Slob as her traits.

Everyone loves Faith. *grumbling about stinky diapers is heard off-screen* I said everyone!

Master and Liz had their second anniversary. I love that this pops up from time to time, it’s a reminder to go have some couple time. Especially in a dynasty household where everything skilling-skilling-skilling all the time…

And then of course I leave them for half a second to send Darla on her next round of gemstone hunting and this is what happens. I think Master is going senile in his old age. Or just choosing to be more evil…

Now that the nooboo is here Millicent and Angelus got a Social Networking divorce. Angelus immediately rolled a wish to get married but no, nope, not happening. Even though I have the space.

At Week 11 Day 6 he got (and immediately fulfilled) his last opportunity and he’s all set to eat his ambrosia now, except I’m saving up to buy the gallery. I want to turn it into a massive Mastermind Museum for future generations to store their sculptures in.

Speaking of future generations – I resigned myself to throwing birthday parties. Everyone keeps rolling wishes for them. And one day I will get the cake placement right for good shots… This birthday party is special because it’s also a gift-giving party. I wanted to try it since I’ve never done it.

So yes, this happened. Apparently Generation 3’s birthday isn’t at all exciting for Random Townie Chick.

Well this is what Faith thinks about you and your opinion.

I was all glowy and coo-y after all the toddler cuteness, and then after the guests left this happened.

Yes, Master, my feelings exactly.

I have to say I never adored a sim as much as Liz, not even one of my own. I felt genuinely upset for a while.

I even made the sims do some vaguely human things.

Why are you crying, Darla?
Darla: S-she has Mom’s eyes!

And the next day the family shrew that Darla got home from university died. More tragedy.

Okay, enough. My grieving moodlet’s ticked down on the shrew thing, I think.

Master has had the wish to see Darla married locked for a while now. But I decided to only get them hitched when they rolled the wish for it…

Which they promptly did the next day. They’re married on the winter festival lot because  they both rolled a lot of wishes for winter activities.

The reception after the private ceremony involved vigorous snowball fighting in the glitchy snow.

Not that I don’t get it, Angelus dear, but isn’t it a bit of a heavy subject to raise with your toddler daughter?

While Angelus is getting restless from loneliness Master is going a little senile. He keeps bragging about Faith to her own father…

It’s obvious she’s such a prodigy, though. Who would not be fascinated by her?

Actually a lot of people are fascinated by Faith. The Masterminds are finally falling victim to the celebrity system and the glitch paparazzi who get into the house even though they weren’t invited.

Neither were these guys!

Okay, one more cute toddler shot before aging up…

Welcome, Gen 3! You’re finally self-maintenance, whoo! She grew up with Faith hair, too. I added the Brave trait for her.

I left the hair and the cowboy boots. She does have Liz’ eyes, and what I think is also Liz’s chin, which can look a bit unfortunate… She grows on you, though.

Faith: I wonder if there’s a monster under… oh yep, yep, there is. Do not want. Do not want.

Faith: Now I want a cookie...

I remember Angelus doing the same thing as a child and fainting.

I finally gave up finishing the master suite with Angelus living in it, so I kicked him out to share a bedroom with his brother. He’s done with most of the stuff anyway, and Faith needs to get to school on time, which will be hard with half an hour traveltime between her bed and the front door. I immediately found my decorating inspiration. Observe Castle Faithingbury. I predict a lot of messing around going on here...

____

This is a bit disjointed, sorry, but I'm way over limit now. No bonus shots  this time.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 03:56:05 PM »
Faith definitely has Master and Liz genes.  No doubt about that!  She should age up into a lovely YA regardless though  ;)

Curveball

Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 7
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
Heh thanks Malley :) I was too impatient and saved her into the sim library, then went into create-a-family and looked at her YA version... She does turn out cute, but... peculiar  ::)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »
Heh thanks Malley :) I was too impatient and saved her into the sim library, then went into create-a-family and looked at her YA version... She does turn out cute, but... peculiar  ::)

Now I really want to see what she looks like!  :o

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »
Yes, senility does seem to set in. In my ID my founder bragged about his grand-daughter to said grand-daughter. I'm expecting witchy fire blasting of butts to start any moment now. Even sims aren't meant to live forever.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 08:17:49 PM »
Great job on the house redo! It's so pretty... And you must have a powerful computer to handle Union Cove with recolored objects!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
Hi!

I absolutely love your dynasty. So funny and Liz will be missed a lot.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Curveball

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »
KRae, I'm considering building a senile-immortal dungeon on the lot... That would be within the theme :D

Lisa46, thanks! I'm actually in the process of de-laggifying the game now, getting rid of unused store stuff and things like that... I had no idea UC was so resource-intensive, but not recoloring stuff is too painful aesthetically for me >_>

Brooke, thank you <3

I entered the 'nothing much happens' stage of the dynasty, and with work and school kicking my butt it might take a while for the next update to be sufficiently meaty to post...

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »
*enters sarcasm mode* I'm sure you're the only dynasty who's ever felt that way. *exit sarcasm mode* Seriously, it's fine! We can wait.

Curveball

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »
Chapter 8

The last chapter had no bonus shots, so here’s a bonus bonus shot. These are Faith’s toddler portraits. Guess which one’s in the family museum?

There’s not much happening in the dynasty household. People make art, collect rocks and get promotions. So here is a montage of Faith’s childhood:

And here’s some more of the same:

So yeah, that’s pretty much how that goes. Her supermax is Martial Arts, so Mama D and Mama M have been training so they can pass the knowledge on. Her only job as a kid was doing cute stuff. Not that she got to be a child for that long…

Faith? Where’d you go? Don’t you want to show us how you aged up?
Faith: Not until I get my hair done I don’t.

So, this is Faith. I think she looks fierce. And the more I look at her the more I think I can live with the jaw since she has the perfect mix of Liz’ eyes and Master’s mouth. She gained the Adventurous trait at aging up since I’m modeling her after the real-life (fictional) Faith and that’s one thing she definitely was.

So this was how her childhood looked after that.

Oh well, not just like that. A good thing that happened when Faith aged up to teen was Story Progression finally moving some new people into the town. So she had three whole school friends to chat with during classes. She even had a pool of two possible boyfriends to choose from. I was already devising an elaborate competition scheme…

Then her prom came up three days into her teenhood and she made her own choice. His name is Titus, and I think he’s a child of an original UC family. I had no idea vanilla EA story progression does that, but it’s either that or he’d been tragically age-stuck for two whole generations…  I just love her smug face.

They are sort of adorable together. I had a plan in mind for Faith’s spouse but now we shall see how the wishes turn out.

This is Darla achieving her LTW of being a Master Magician while performing for tips for absolutely no one (except the eternally-swimming proprietor of the beach). Her first wish after completing it was to quit her job, so now she’s in the culinary career.

This is William, kissing a woman he’d just met while on a date with another woman. His Irresistible trait, high charisma and social LTRs make it so the moment he introduces himself to people he’s best friends with them…

This is Angelus aging up to elder. You can see glitch replicators in the background. They keep forgetting how to make ambrosia, so Darla has to make it again and program it again. So far we’re on third attempt and holding, but just in case there’s a bowl of half-prepared ambrosia stuck on the decorative flat roof bits on the second floor of the house. From time to time the max-cooking people try to cook it and cry bitter betrayed tears that they can’t...

[***insert picture here***]

This is a non-existent picture of Faith aging up with a Great Kisser trait that got lost in the great screenshot shuffle of 1999. So there is no picture. Here is a picture of her working out instead:

She’s Adventurous, Athletic, Brave, Great Kisser and Slob. And she also illustrates the age-old wisdom “red lipstick fixes everything”. Even strange jawlines.

Hmmm, Darla, honey… Whatcha doin?
Darla: This is boring. I’m waiting for this to stop being boring.
Well, *embarrassed laughter* every dynasty has slow parts. It comes with the territory, you have to power through it to–
Darla: Shhh. Watching a movie now. In my mind.

Okay, I agree. This is boring.

Speed Four Magic ActivatedPower of montage, I summon you!

So yes, Faith put that Great Kisser trait to good use :D
She spent most of her young adulthood travelling because I decided I want all the relic collections done before the game becomes too bloated to travel… With her Adventurous trait I hardly saw the dynasty household and forgot what needed to be done there :D

During one of the 24-hour travel breaks spring happened and Angelus and William popped wishes to go meet new people. This is Angelus right before getting romantically rejected by a guy he met at the spring festival. One second into the future he (and I) will find out that the lady standing there between them is his wife.

William had more luck with his more traditional orientation and Irresistible trait…

But his lady love died the same evening.

People keep dying, actually. A bit like this chaper’s momentum. Tune in next time to meet Gen 3’s spouse, Gen 4 and Gen 4’s spouse all in one chapter.

And now the not-bonus bonus shot:

This is the daughter of Guy-Darla and Millicent that I genetically engineered in CAS. I just thought she looked interesting.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 8
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »
I feel your pain. My ID is killing me right now. Gen 8 just became a full-blown adult and all his requirements are done except best friends and his elder portrait. Absolutely nothing to accomplish.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 07:42:59 PM »
I totally understand.  The dull moments are what really make these challenges, well, challenging!

Curveball

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »
I think I misrepresented it in the story... I'm actually having quite a lot of fun with the collecting, adventuring and heat-of-the-moment-kissing excessive quantities of sims of both genders  ;D It's that I'm not particularly inspired to write these days, so the story comes out a bit lackluster  :-\

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 04:19:16 AM »
Faith is beautiful, I love your montages  :)

Curveball

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »
I'm back from the school limbo, yay! Thanks for your kind words Brooke, it's good to hear I'm not completely boring people... :)

Chapter 9

I realize I’d completely forgotten to tell you that Angelus ate ambrosia. I haven’t recorded the time but it was about 6 days into his elder stage, when he got a lot of sculptures sold and we could finally afford to buy and upgrade the art gallery. The museum moved there, and I’m remodeling it slowly to house all the Mastermind collections and their museum pieces. I really wish I’d saved all their ribbons and paintings of mortal members of the household now, but oh well -_- So, here goes:

Angelus Mastermind, Generation Two
Traits: Eccentric, Neurotic, Perfectionist, Proper, Savvy Sculptor + Artistic and Avant Garde 
Lifetime Wish: Descendant of DaVinci
Supermax: Sculpting
Investments: High Products Business Building, Arboretum Art Gallery
LTRs: Efficient Inventor, Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative
Best Friends: William Mastermind, Lyndsay Corcoran, Millicent Mastermind, Anoki Moon, Hubert Jordon, Faith Mastermind
Black Ops:  Stinky Bugs, Rare elements, Fishy Science Project, Research Science Project, An Old Ruse, Bathroom Gallery
Other Skills Maxed: Painting, Photography, Inventing

But who cares about Gen 2, when Gen 4 is already on the way? As I’d already shown you, Faith Heat-of-the-moment-kissed her way through all the lands in Simlandia, and I wasn’t exaggerating. That was usually the third interaction she did with a new person, after an introduction and a bit of chatting. But in the end it all came down to four guys:

Wei Pei was one of her Martial Arts opponents – Family-Oriented Daredevil; he seemed cute in a hamstery sort of way, and she got him a lot while doing the tournament.

Hei Liu was Brave and a Hopeless Romantic, plus had a facial structure that promised interesting-looking children.

Micky Menard was Adventurous, Flirty and a Great Kisser… I could just taste the drama when I thought about it.

And of course Titus, an Equestrian Slob who Loved the Outdoors and provided me with much teenage cuteness while being Faith’s boyfriend.

So, meet the Generation 3 spouse – Farid Kamel, a Hydrophobic Unlucky Mooch from Egypt.

I know, I know. But he is just so cute! And with all those guys (and gals) in her relationship panel Faith has only rolled wishes for him. I did a Clean Slate on her and her first wish was to make Titus kiss someone else, and then she wanted to “Invite Someone Over”.  So I relented.

I had a big romantic photoshoot planned, but in the grand tradition of out-of-town sims Farid took two tries to actually get there, so at that point it was one hasty conversation and a tour of the film studio to the Move-In request.

And then they went to France, ostensibly to have a romantic proposal moment but really so that Farid gets used to fishing and collecting while his future wife adventures up and down the French countryside.

We did have a romantic proposal in the secret island in  the middle of the river. Notice the puddle of water they’re standing in. Remember three screenshots ago I told you Farid was Hydrophobic? What a benevolent and considerate Watcher I am, making him trek all the way through the catacombs and swim through the well for a photo-op (a photo-op on a tiny island in the middle of a wide river, I have to stress) when he’s terrified of water…

And then both Farid and Faith (I just noticed their names start with the same letter; the cute, it burns in my soul) were terrified by the paparazzi that followed them there.

The rest of the trip was filled with Farid fishing and learning to cook frog legs, and Faith finishing up her LTW. She celebrated by buying a house in France and starting on Generation 4…

When they got back, Faith got a bachelorette party. Because if anyone had to have a bachelorette party in this dynasty, it’s Faith…

Then naturally I had no idea what to do with Faith at a party if I wasn’t allowed to kiss everyone (and I wasn’t!), so this was basically how it went.

Master had a good time, though. I’m sure everyone in the bar needs to know all about Faith’s Steel Bladder LTR, Master. That’s an achievement that needs to be celebrated!

And yes, all that in-between-adventure-cooldowns French woohoo caught up with Faith there and then.

Meanwhile at Castle Mastermind Farid was getting a brain makeover. He was dubious at first, but his objections withered under Darla’s suspicious squint.

“With traits like Mooch and Hydrophobic you’re going to embarrass the family whenever we let you out to socialize. You wouldn’t want to embarrass the family, would you?”

Farid gulped and followed Darla into her laboratory.

“Well, it’s not like I need the Mooch trait anyway,” he said nervously. “Since we already have more money than I can spend…”

Darla hummed distractedly as she fixed the electrode cap on his head. Farid took a deep breath and steeled himself before the next thing he wanted to say.

“Only… could you leave the Hydrophobic trait?” he asked.

“Why?” Darla frowned at him.

“Well, it makes the memories of Faith proposing to me more… vivid,” Farid answered, shuddering and smiling at the thought.

Well, who thought romance is dead. Farid is now Hydrophobic, Unlucky, Nurturing Egyptian eye-candy guy. His other traits (unchanged) are Natural Cook and Virtuoso. How does it feel to have your traits changed, Farid?

“Not good… I think I’m hearing voices…”

And if anyone expected Faith to act any different while being in third trimester of her pregnancy, I’m sure they know better now.

On the plus side, I did catch them to do the gender-appropriate dip kiss this time. Baby steps :D

Yes, Faith, you did forget something before bringing in the fourth generation, did you?

She gave birth on her way to the nooboo room, and I think Angelus’ painting influenced the poor guy. Meet Walsh Mastermind, a Neurotic Loner. He is named after a ruthless, amoral and not a little crazy scientist who is one of the villains Buffy’s fourth season. Can you guess what fourth gen supermax is going to be?

We shall fast-forward through the baby years straight to Walsh’s birthday…

Or more accurately, to the death on the morning of Walsh’s birthday…

No one had the will to smile as Faith brought little Walsh to the cake, and no one begrudged Darla when she slipped out of the kitchen before the sparkles did their work.

“You don’t have to pretend it’s me doing this, you know,” she muttered under her breath as she went up the stairs into her laboratory, “no one’s actually fooled.” There was a pointed silence for a few moments, then Darla snorted. “Fine. You want an in-character justification for this? Here it is: the kid is a Neurotic Loner Science supermax, and you have a bad habit of getting bored with male heirs. There.

She left her little cloned bundle of joy in Walsh’s room, where the little guy was already living up to his traits by hiding in the toybox. Then she went back upstairs to give the two-in-one bathrooms outside the art studio an upgrade…

She didn’t get to finish those.

Okay, so that was depressing, so here’s a bonus shot of Master and Liz having some couple-time in the family mausoleum.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 9
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »
Farid is a great choice. Hooray, a Darla clone, she's got to be a future spouse for sure  ;)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 04:54:30 PM »
Your sims are so cool looking! I love Faith. So much. And I must join Brooke in calling for Darla clone as a spouse.

Curveball

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »
Farid is a great choice.

I think it's the puppy eyes. I couldn't resist.

I love Faith. So much.
Thank you <3. I have to say when I first saw Faith she seemed really awkward to me, but she did turn out gorgeous.

As for the spouse, sadly, it's not Darla. I considered it, but decided that even she is not weird enough to clone herself to be the spouse of her own (even if adopted) son >_> Plus I wanted to mix some new DNA into the family, so the old townie samples got dusted off... The cloned bundle of adorableness does make the cutest toddler of the dynasty yet, though, so don't be too disappointed :)

Curveball

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »
Malley, thanks :) I try to be witty when I remember...

Chapter 10

So, Master… You’re having your couple time with Liz.

“Indeed I am. Furthermore, I am having this ‘couple time’ in the near future, so I know something you yet don’t.”

You do realize I know everything that happens in this thing two generations forward, right?

“You certainly do not! Even if you think you know something, you cannot be sure until I reveal the secret to you. But to do that –”

Okay, I’m rethinking the decision to give you a voice now. So I’m just going to say it: yes, the mausoleum does have a new resident now.

Millicent departed outside her grandson’s room, missing their storytime. She continued the tradition of dynasty spouses being awesome in every way, and I’m going to miss her a lot.

Here’s some toddler cuteness to balance out all the ghostifying. Walsh is, I think, a darker-skinned copy of Angelus as a toddler. The purple eyes are from Millicent.

Faith is quite enjoying the nooboos as well. Meet little Ikida, a clone of an original Union Cove townie Hana Ikida. She somehow got three traits at her birth, Ambitious, Friendly and Adventurous.

Faith is really enjoying the nooboos.

I am NOT going to make the joke that just popped into my head. I am NOT.

And yes, photographic proof that Ikida is the cutest toddler of all time.

Farid and Faith are still very much in love, but also very busy. So their dates are like this: Faith runs over to the bistro after work just as Farid is finishing up, he serenades to her, then they go in to complete an opportunity so he can raise in his career faster.

Then after the dinner they have a romantic game of catch in the snow.

Speaking of Farid, his LTW is One Sim Band, and he’s been a pox on the immortals. They’re on free will now unless I need them for something, and they usually can more or less take care of themselves, but Farid’s music just hypnotizes them. Even with their energy levels in the red they’ll stand there listening. Eventually they go into motive failure and turn around to go to sleep, but they barely touch the bed before springing up again to go listen some more.

Like a true loner Walsh aged up off-camera. He gained a Genius trait because I am unimaginative.

Ikida doesn’t like this ‘school’ Walsh has to go to every day. She also doesn’t like this ‘bedroom’ he has where he goes every evening.

Even though Darla’s gone her lab is getting some use.

Yes, I wish Darla was here to teach you too, buddy. Maybe one day you’ll get some tutoring from her yet…

Walsh is the first of the kids my sims had that regularly rolls wishes for his parents. Mostly for his mother. His first wish upon returning from his first day of school was ‘get attention from Mom’. Sadly for Walsh, Faith’s idea of spending time with the kid means playing catch with all of her 10 skill points in Athletics and supermaxed Martial arts…

Don’t worry little guy, Mom still loves you. But let’s go inside and play Sii Tennis or something, okay?

I think this is the last birthday shot in a while. I'm having trouble thinking up things to write under them...

Don’t be afraid of the cake, sweetheart. It won’t bite. There are other things in this house that do that.

Obviously child cuteness commenced as soon as Ikida aged up.

I’m not sure if Ikida is still the most adorable sim ever at child stage, but I think she’s still a strong contender :)

With three of four adult sims working (Angelus picked up the Business career to keep busy, plus he’s the dynasty sculptor/painter/photographer) Master has become the kids’ kindly grandpa instead of supervillain.

And yes, that is him and Ikida playing tag. She is Friendly and mostly on freewill now, so this is what happens a lot. In fact they were Good Friends when she was a child and their relationship bar was maxed out by the time she turned into a teenager.

I think this is unbearably cute for some reason. No idea why. It just is.

Walsh aged up without audience once again, and I decided to actually dress him like a teenager for once. He’s a Genius Neurotic Socially Awkward Loner. Once again, no imagination.

Doesn’t seem to bother Ikida none, though. They’re the only kids in their school, and what I find unfair is that Walsh still gets the negative moodlet for being around people when there are no people.

Wrapping up now, but meet a new household member – Wayfarer. I’m going to do a Riding supermax dry run with Ikida for another dynasty I’m planning.

Bonus shot: I remodeled Master’s room and am ridiculously pleased with how it turned out, so now I have to show it to you too.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 10
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 10:09:54 PM »
Ikida! Ikida! I love her so much!

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 10:33:55 PM »
Ikida is so adorable! Though I still stand by my favorite toddlers as being cuter. ;)

Three traits at birth is really bizarre, though.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2014, 09:23:43 AM »
Ikida is so cute and great work with Master's bedroom.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »
Ikida is very pretty :)  Good luck with supermaxing riding.  I did that once and that was not fun  :(

Curveball

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »
Lisa46, have you used her in other stuff/seen her used? I'd be interested in seeing other people writing UC characters...

Trip I have to admit Tegan might be cuter, but then rainboos are on a whole different scale of cute. So we will have to agree to disagree  ;)

As for traits, Darla was the one to clone her, and by that point she supermaxed Science and had a lot of cloning experience. As I understand it there's a success metric to a clone - you can get a normal and an evil one for sure, so I think it's reasonable to have an 'extra realistic' replica with more of the original's traits... At least this is my explanation of it.

What's funny she got an option to choose a fourth trait as she aged up to child, so she'd have four at child age, but I just left it blank not to tempt the glitch gods...

Brooke. thanks :) I'm getting lag now because of all the prettiness but just can't give it up...

Malley I can already see the competitions are going to be a real pain... But, horse cuteness!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2014, 03:39:24 PM »
Union Cove actually isn't great on my computer so I haven't played her.

Curveball

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 03:55:25 PM »
Ah, sorry. You just seemed so excited I assumed she was a familiar character >_> But it's awesome to know you liked her :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 11:51:50 PM »
She's just so cute, plus I'm into unique sims and she is certainly one!

Curveball

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2014, 05:31:57 PM »
Chapter 11

Now I know I said I wouldn’t post any more birthday pictures because I don’t know what to caption them with, but this post is mostly birthdays, so here I am with egg on my face. Plus, Ikida pulled the most adorable expressions during her transition.

I think she’s already figured out my tendency to fall in love with spouses and is expecting spectacular life of fulfillment. Little does she know…

Obligatory wardrobe shot. She gets two outfits because she is attempting what I’m soon to learn is one of the most annoying supermaxes in the game.

Since I was oblivious to the existence of riding books Ikida hopped (well, climbed laboriously) onto Wayfarer’s back and headed to the training grounds straight away. This is where she will spend all her time from end of classes until curfew during her teen stage (and later during YA stage).

This is how she spent her prom evening, actually. Training, notification the prom is coming up, frantic changing into the dress and some autonomous homework sitting on the stables’ floor. Naturally she went with Walsh, and naturally they returned as officially dating, but you already knew that.

They had a little after-date date at the house, mainly for me to aaaaw at them.

A date that, I imagine, was way better than being the only two teenagers at prom…

While Ikida is racing through the countryside attempting the annoying supermax Walsh is shut away in the laboratory attempting the laborious and dull supermax. Secret to Science challenges is basically not forgetting to cue up the actions.

But wait! Why is Master magically upgrading the stereo in the art gallery? More importantly, why is there a stereo in the art gallery?

Well, Faith’s elder birthday, obviously.

If I hadn’t already shown you teenage Ikida that would have been the perfect reveal shot. Now it’s just an average transition shot.

Notice that Walsh wandered off to autonomously look at his mother’s teen museum pieces. I love that picture of her, by the way.

This is the family museum, by the way. It’s been there since Gen 2 and I’ve been slowly figuring out the layout, but after the party I checked and realized that art on community lot doesn’t appreciate o_O So it had to move to the basement again.

Naturally Faith’s birthday fell on the full moon, so zombies attended. Thankfully supergrandpa Master came to the rescue with the sunlight charm.

I think this is more or less the whole city, or at least all the people the family knows. Story progression moves people in and out but I stopped caring a while ago when I figured out where all my spouses are going to come from.

Hello, suspiciously well-dressed townie that showed up uninvited. You just dance your square jaw out to the exit, you’re not getting your pudding genes anywhere near our family tree, even if you do have a recessive hair color.

Another zombie showed up just in time for the cake. It’s actually one of Faith’s YA stage friends. He and his wife had come to Faith’s bachelorette party, and now she couldn’t make it because she’s dead and he’s a zombie. It’s kind of sad….

Faith still got it, though. Not that anyone doubted that.

I think I like Faith more as an elder than a full adult, even. She also gets two outfits, for no reason other than I said so.

She ate ambrosia at 80 days old, after Angelus did her museum pieces and I wrangled all the three immortals downstairs simultaneously for the photo-op.

Faith Mastermind, Generation Three
Traits: Adventurous, Athletic, Brave, Great Kisser, Slob + Disciplined
Lifetime Wish: Seasoned Traveller
Supermax: Martial Arts
Career: Professional Sports
Investments: Stadium and Gym [I'll edit this with the actual names of the properties as soon as I load up the game next]
LTRs: Opportunistic, Prepared Traveller, Learned Relic Hunter
Best Friends: Farid Mastermind, Angelus Mastermind, Cui-Fen Hong, Jonathan Burgess, Spencer Hurtado, Gretchen Willard
Black Ops:  Free Game, Beetle Quest, Ticket Counting, The Dish Showdown, Inter-Office League, The Right Moves
Other Skills Maxed: Athletic, Charisma
Gallery pieces: done

Walsh randomly aged up in a kilt and I just couldn’t resist going with it. I tried to go with the dorky vibe but I think he is a more of a wish-fulfillment nerd than a realistic nerd.

And this is how Ikida’s birthday went three days later, with everyone cheering the cake while Generation 4 renewed their ‘boyfriend/girlfriend’ status.

And this is Ikida’s post-birthday makeover. She got over her slightly awkward teens and is one of the most striking sims I’ve had. She’s not getting her ghost hunter job back, though, because I haven’t yet given up on working out how to do riding as a supermax.

She is basically the only Sim that I control now because supermaxing riding is incredibly arduous. Running around chasing wild horses especially, and especially especially considering the routing issues with horses that make them perform a song and dance routine every time you try to interact with them.

Farid aged up to elder too, but I won’t show you his elder pictures because I don’t like the idea of him aging and dying…

So here is a picture of Master chilling out at the beach. I hope the next update won’t be just birthday pictures, but I can’t promise anything. I’m starting to get really heavy lag, which makes playing less fun, which means I mostly take pictures of birthdays.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 11
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2014, 06:25:12 PM »
Ikida!!!!

*calms self to say* Congrats on the third immortal!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2014, 05:25:51 AM »
Congrats to Faith on immortality  ;) Walsh's eyes are gorgeous, I never noticed that before. That poor guy who lost his wife and became a zombie, sad but so funny.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2014, 09:45:45 AM »
Wow, Ikida is stunning. What's her YA hair?

Congrats on your third immortal! Your updates are funny and well-written.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »
Both Ikida and Walsh aged up gorgeously.  I love Walsh's eyes.  They're such a pretty color!  And best of luck to you as you continue working on supermaxing riding.  Horse routing issues=major headache  :o

Curveball

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »
Congrats on the third immortal!

Congrats to Faith on immortality ;) Walsh's eyes are gorgeous, I never noticed that before.

Thank you. Walsh's eyes are a mix of Liz' shape and Millicent's color, I love them too. Hopefully we can keep them in the family...

dontmindme, thank you for the congratulations and the kind words :) Ikida's hair is from the hipster loft set, as far as I remember.

Malley, I love how both of them turned out too. His eyes were a total surprise, I haven't even noticed his grandma's eyecolor before... And I finished the riding supermax; it was so annoying I haven't even felt bad for giving up the horses for adoption...  ;D

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2014, 04:44:43 PM »
Tracking!! This is written pretty well for something that's supposed to be lazy.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2015, 09:54:41 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Curveball - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Stories

anything