Author Topic: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 11  (Read 3187 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 8
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »
I feel your pain. My ID is killing me right now. Gen 8 just became a full-blown adult and all his requirements are done except best friends and his elder portrait. Absolutely nothing to accomplish.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 07:42:59 PM »
I totally understand.  The dull moments are what really make these challenges, well, challenging!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Curveball

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »
I think I misrepresented it in the story... I'm actually having quite a lot of fun with the collecting, adventuring and heat-of-the-moment-kissing excessive quantities of sims of both genders  ;D It's that I'm not particularly inspired to write these days, so the story comes out a bit lackluster  :-\

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 04:19:16 AM »
Faith is beautiful, I love your montages  :)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Curveball

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »
I'm back from the school limbo, yay! Thanks for your kind words Brooke, it's good to hear I'm not completely boring people... :)

Chapter 9

I realize I’d completely forgotten to tell you that Angelus ate ambrosia. I haven’t recorded the time but it was about 6 days into his elder stage, when he got a lot of sculptures sold and we could finally afford to buy and upgrade the art gallery. The museum moved there, and I’m remodeling it slowly to house all the Mastermind collections and their museum pieces. I really wish I’d saved all their ribbons and paintings of mortal members of the household now, but oh well -_- So, here goes:

Angelus Mastermind, Generation Two
Traits: Eccentric, Neurotic, Perfectionist, Proper, Savvy Sculptor + Artistic and Avant Garde 
Lifetime Wish: Descendant of DaVinci
Supermax: Sculpting
Investments: High Products Business Building, Arboretum Art Gallery
LTRs: Efficient Inventor, Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative
Best Friends: William Mastermind, Lyndsay Corcoran, Millicent Mastermind, Anoki Moon, Hubert Jordon, Faith Mastermind
Black Ops:  Stinky Bugs, Rare elements, Fishy Science Project, Research Science Project, An Old Ruse, Bathroom Gallery
Other Skills Maxed: Painting, Photography, Inventing

But who cares about Gen 2, when Gen 4 is already on the way? As I’d already shown you, Faith Heat-of-the-moment-kissed her way through all the lands in Simlandia, and I wasn’t exaggerating. That was usually the third interaction she did with a new person, after an introduction and a bit of chatting. But in the end it all came down to four guys:

Wei Pei was one of her Martial Arts opponents – Family-Oriented Daredevil; he seemed cute in a hamstery sort of way, and she got him a lot while doing the tournament.

Hei Liu was Brave and a Hopeless Romantic, plus had a facial structure that promised interesting-looking children.

Micky Menard was Adventurous, Flirty and a Great Kisser… I could just taste the drama when I thought about it.

And of course Titus, an Equestrian Slob who Loved the Outdoors and provided me with much teenage cuteness while being Faith’s boyfriend.

So, meet the Generation 3 spouse – Farid Kamel, a Hydrophobic Unlucky Mooch from Egypt.

I know, I know. But he is just so cute! And with all those guys (and gals) in her relationship panel Faith has only rolled wishes for him. I did a Clean Slate on her and her first wish was to make Titus kiss someone else, and then she wanted to “Invite Someone Over”.  So I relented.

I had a big romantic photoshoot planned, but in the grand tradition of out-of-town sims Farid took two tries to actually get there, so at that point it was one hasty conversation and a tour of the film studio to the Move-In request.

And then they went to France, ostensibly to have a romantic proposal moment but really so that Farid gets used to fishing and collecting while his future wife adventures up and down the French countryside.

We did have a romantic proposal in the secret island in  the middle of the river. Notice the puddle of water they’re standing in. Remember three screenshots ago I told you Farid was Hydrophobic? What a benevolent and considerate Watcher I am, making him trek all the way through the catacombs and swim through the well for a photo-op (a photo-op on a tiny island in the middle of a wide river, I have to stress) when he’s terrified of water…

And then both Farid and Faith (I just noticed their names start with the same letter; the cute, it burns in my soul) were terrified by the paparazzi that followed them there.

The rest of the trip was filled with Farid fishing and learning to cook frog legs, and Faith finishing up her LTW. She celebrated by buying a house in France and starting on Generation 4…

When they got back, Faith got a bachelorette party. Because if anyone had to have a bachelorette party in this dynasty, it’s Faith…

Then naturally I had no idea what to do with Faith at a party if I wasn’t allowed to kiss everyone (and I wasn’t!), so this was basically how it went.

Master had a good time, though. I’m sure everyone in the bar needs to know all about Faith’s Steel Bladder LTR, Master. That’s an achievement that needs to be celebrated!

And yes, all that in-between-adventure-cooldowns French woohoo caught up with Faith there and then.

Meanwhile at Castle Mastermind Farid was getting a brain makeover. He was dubious at first, but his objections withered under Darla’s suspicious squint.

“With traits like Mooch and Hydrophobic you’re going to embarrass the family whenever we let you out to socialize. You wouldn’t want to embarrass the family, would you?”

Farid gulped and followed Darla into her laboratory.

“Well, it’s not like I need the Mooch trait anyway,” he said nervously. “Since we already have more money than I can spend…”

Darla hummed distractedly as she fixed the electrode cap on his head. Farid took a deep breath and steeled himself before the next thing he wanted to say.

“Only… could you leave the Hydrophobic trait?” he asked.

“Why?” Darla frowned at him.

“Well, it makes the memories of Faith proposing to me more… vivid,” Farid answered, shuddering and smiling at the thought.

Well, who thought romance is dead. Farid is now Hydrophobic, Unlucky, Nurturing Egyptian eye-candy guy. His other traits (unchanged) are Natural Cook and Virtuoso. How does it feel to have your traits changed, Farid?

“Not good… I think I’m hearing voices…”

And if anyone expected Faith to act any different while being in third trimester of her pregnancy, I’m sure they know better now.

On the plus side, I did catch them to do the gender-appropriate dip kiss this time. Baby steps :D

Yes, Faith, you did forget something before bringing in the fourth generation, did you?

She gave birth on her way to the nooboo room, and I think Angelus’ painting influenced the poor guy. Meet Walsh Mastermind, a Neurotic Loner. He is named after a ruthless, amoral and not a little crazy scientist who is one of the villains Buffy’s fourth season. Can you guess what fourth gen supermax is going to be?

We shall fast-forward through the baby years straight to Walsh’s birthday…

Or more accurately, to the death on the morning of Walsh’s birthday…

No one had the will to smile as Faith brought little Walsh to the cake, and no one begrudged Darla when she slipped out of the kitchen before the sparkles did their work.

“You don’t have to pretend it’s me doing this, you know,” she muttered under her breath as she went up the stairs into her laboratory, “no one’s actually fooled.” There was a pointed silence for a few moments, then Darla snorted. “Fine. You want an in-character justification for this? Here it is: the kid is a Neurotic Loner Science supermax, and you have a bad habit of getting bored with male heirs. There.

She left her little cloned bundle of joy in Walsh’s room, where the little guy was already living up to his traits by hiding in the toybox. Then she went back upstairs to give the two-in-one bathrooms outside the art studio an upgrade…

She didn’t get to finish those.

Okay, so that was depressing, so here’s a bonus shot of Master and Liz having some couple-time in the family mausoleum.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 9
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »
Farid is a great choice. Hooray, a Darla clone, she's got to be a future spouse for sure  ;)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 04:54:30 PM »
Your sims are so cool looking! I love Faith. So much. And I must join Brooke in calling for Darla clone as a spouse.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Curveball

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »
Farid is a great choice.

I think it's the puppy eyes. I couldn't resist.

I love Faith. So much.
Thank you <3. I have to say when I first saw Faith she seemed really awkward to me, but she did turn out gorgeous.

As for the spouse, sadly, it's not Darla. I considered it, but decided that even she is not weird enough to clone herself to be the spouse of her own (even if adopted) son >_> Plus I wanted to mix some new DNA into the family, so the old townie samples got dusted off... The cloned bundle of adorableness does make the cutest toddler of the dynasty yet, though, so don't be too disappointed :)

Curveball

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »
Malley, thanks :) I try to be witty when I remember...

Chapter 10

So, Master… You’re having your couple time with Liz.

“Indeed I am. Furthermore, I am having this ‘couple time’ in the near future, so I know something you yet don’t.”

You do realize I know everything that happens in this thing two generations forward, right?

“You certainly do not! Even if you think you know something, you cannot be sure until I reveal the secret to you. But to do that –”

Okay, I’m rethinking the decision to give you a voice now. So I’m just going to say it: yes, the mausoleum does have a new resident now.

Millicent departed outside her grandson’s room, missing their storytime. She continued the tradition of dynasty spouses being awesome in every way, and I’m going to miss her a lot.

Here’s some toddler cuteness to balance out all the ghostifying. Walsh is, I think, a darker-skinned copy of Angelus as a toddler. The purple eyes are from Millicent.

Faith is quite enjoying the nooboos as well. Meet little Ikida, a clone of an original Union Cove townie Hana Ikida. She somehow got three traits at her birth, Ambitious, Friendly and Adventurous.

Faith is really enjoying the nooboos.

I am NOT going to make the joke that just popped into my head. I am NOT.

And yes, photographic proof that Ikida is the cutest toddler of all time.

Farid and Faith are still very much in love, but also very busy. So their dates are like this: Faith runs over to the bistro after work just as Farid is finishing up, he serenades to her, then they go in to complete an opportunity so he can raise in his career faster.

Then after the dinner they have a romantic game of catch in the snow.

Speaking of Farid, his LTW is One Sim Band, and he’s been a pox on the immortals. They’re on free will now unless I need them for something, and they usually can more or less take care of themselves, but Farid’s music just hypnotizes them. Even with their energy levels in the red they’ll stand there listening. Eventually they go into motive failure and turn around to go to sleep, but they barely touch the bed before springing up again to go listen some more.

Like a true loner Walsh aged up off-camera. He gained a Genius trait because I am unimaginative.

Ikida doesn’t like this ‘school’ Walsh has to go to every day. She also doesn’t like this ‘bedroom’ he has where he goes every evening.

Even though Darla’s gone her lab is getting some use.

Yes, I wish Darla was here to teach you too, buddy. Maybe one day you’ll get some tutoring from her yet…

Walsh is the first of the kids my sims had that regularly rolls wishes for his parents. Mostly for his mother. His first wish upon returning from his first day of school was ‘get attention from Mom’. Sadly for Walsh, Faith’s idea of spending time with the kid means playing catch with all of her 10 skill points in Athletics and supermaxed Martial arts…

Don’t worry little guy, Mom still loves you. But let’s go inside and play Sii Tennis or something, okay?

I think this is the last birthday shot in a while. I'm having trouble thinking up things to write under them...

Don’t be afraid of the cake, sweetheart. It won’t bite. There are other things in this house that do that.

Obviously child cuteness commenced as soon as Ikida aged up.

I’m not sure if Ikida is still the most adorable sim ever at child stage, but I think she’s still a strong contender :)

With three of four adult sims working (Angelus picked up the Business career to keep busy, plus he’s the dynasty sculptor/painter/photographer) Master has become the kids’ kindly grandpa instead of supervillain.

And yes, that is him and Ikida playing tag. She is Friendly and mostly on freewill now, so this is what happens a lot. In fact they were Good Friends when she was a child and their relationship bar was maxed out by the time she turned into a teenager.

I think this is unbearably cute for some reason. No idea why. It just is.

Walsh aged up without audience once again, and I decided to actually dress him like a teenager for once. He’s a Genius Neurotic Socially Awkward Loner. Once again, no imagination.

Doesn’t seem to bother Ikida none, though. They’re the only kids in their school, and what I find unfair is that Walsh still gets the negative moodlet for being around people when there are no people.

Wrapping up now, but meet a new household member – Wayfarer. I’m going to do a Riding supermax dry run with Ikida for another dynasty I’m planning.

Bonus shot: I remodeled Master’s room and am ridiculously pleased with how it turned out, so now I have to show it to you too.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Mastermind Dynasty - The lazy writer edition - Chapter 10
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 10:09:54 PM »
Ikida! Ikida! I love her so much!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 10:33:55 PM »
Ikida is so adorable! Though I still stand by my favorite toddlers as being cuter. ;)

Three traits at birth is really bizarre, though.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2014, 09:23:43 AM »
Ikida is so cute and great work with Master's bedroom.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »
Ikida is very pretty :)  Good luck with supermaxing riding.  I did that once and that was not fun  :(

Curveball

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »
Lisa46, have you used her in other stuff/seen her used? I'd be interested in seeing other people writing UC characters...

Trip I have to admit Tegan might be cuter, but then rainboos are on a whole different scale of cute. So we will have to agree to disagree  ;)

As for traits, Darla was the one to clone her, and by that point she supermaxed Science and had a lot of cloning experience. As I understand it there's a success metric to a clone - you can get a normal and an evil one for sure, so I think it's reasonable to have an 'extra realistic' replica with more of the original's traits... At least this is my explanation of it.

What's funny she got an option to choose a fourth trait as she aged up to child, so she'd have four at child age, but I just left it blank not to tempt the glitch gods...

Brooke. thanks :) I'm getting lag now because of all the prettiness but just can't give it up...

Malley I can already see the competitions are going to be a real pain... But, horse cuteness!

anything