Author Topic: Taking better screen shots  (Read 68089 times)

Offline quinti.sims

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Taking better screen shots
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2013, 04:24:48 AM »
Thank you all this was quite interesting

Offline blackforest0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
I found all of this really helpful, especially the advice on hitting the tab button. I managed to take this screenshot with that method:

I was so happy with it that this screenshot is now my computer's background.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pringle

• Nooboo
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »
I'm having a problem. I am using the tab key secret, and my game zooms VERY VERY far, but when I try to get a close-up, it only goes as far in as the regular zoom will go. Help?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »
You can get closer by moving with the arrow keys. I do that, then zoom if I need to.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline felicitysims00

• Nooboo
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2014, 02:21:36 AM »
Wow guys - the tips in this thread have changed my simming - seriously. I love these tips!! I use them with Fraps screenshot tool and have gotten some great shots. What's the best way to share them?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2014, 03:19:25 AM »
Wow guys - the tips in this thread have changed my simming - seriously. I love these tips!! I use them with Fraps screenshot tool and have gotten some great shots. What's the best way to share them?

Upload them to a online image hosting system such as Photobucket (though I personally prefer Mediafire) and then copy the image URL into your post. This thread is great for sharing weird and funny things that have happened in game.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline felicitysims00

• Nooboo
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »
Nice! Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
What are the screenshot cheats?
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »
Recently I've noticed that some people seem to get really close-up screenshots. Is there a cheat for that?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What are the screenshot cheats?
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »
It's not exactly a cheat; if you press the Tab key, you get free control of the game's camera, and some really close-up zooming capabilities too.

I'm also gonna merge this with our main thread on taking better screenshots, because it pretty much falls under that. :)

Offline mayasimma

• Nooboo
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2014, 05:06:56 PM »
Do these tricks work for painting too? Every time I try to do a still-life or any other painting that involves a screenshot, the walls go up and I can't get anything but walls, roofs and windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2014, 05:17:15 PM »
You can capture still lives and portraits in tabbed mode; the trick is to press Tab before the game prompts you to capture the image for the painting. And you can move around to capture a portrait after pressing Tab, so you can get past any walls. I always play with walls up and make sure to position the camera close to the subject before I press Tab. I find that easier; no risking having to navigate through walls.

It doesn't work if your sim is taking photos though. Believe me, I tried. :(

Speaking of putting your walls up, that's my biggest screenshot tip. Well, I could just quote Lisey for my reasoning:

-First, walls up. I suppose this is more of a roleplay thing, like do you want your photos to be obviously from a game or not? I'm obsessed with making sure that walls and ceilings are up.

It also make the backgrounds of your screenshots far less cluttered. Instead of seeing multiple rooms because your walls are down/cutaway, you get the walls instead. And it means that people get to appreciate my choices in wallpaper when they see my screenshots. Also, I'd rather not ruin emotional scenes that happen in my sims' dining room because the walls are down and exposing another sim using the bathroom the next room over. :P

Offline Rocky-Roo

• Nooboo
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »
For writing purposes, I like to build suspense, or capture a mood by getting the faces or eyes out of the image. It might sound wild at first, but look!

Capturing expression is very important! But it's also good to let your sims tell their story through body language too!  ;)

Offline nullifidian

• Nooboo
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2014, 06:40:28 PM »
Do these tricks work for painting too? Every time I try to do a still-life or any other painting that involves a screenshot, the walls go up and I can't get anything but walls, roofs and windows.

To take still life or portrait paintings, I usually have a dedicated painting studio with white walls and several overhead lights. I play around with lighting for a long time with two in-house Sims before I try to paint any townie portraits. Put walls up and zoom into the portrait studio before clicking on "Paint Portrait of" and you should get a really nice shot with a solid background.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2016, 12:59:38 AM »
Make separate folders for every chapter and name them.

Yes, exactly. That way it'll be all organized. :)
I will do that in the story I just started.  Great idea :)!

anything