Author Topic: The Man Dynasty 5.0 — This Time it's for Total Manhood (Finished)  (Read 294279 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Man Dynasty 5.0 — This Time it's for Total Manhood
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »
Yay! So glad the Man Dynasty is back!  I was really enjoying the old ones :D I'm excited to see where the story goes now!

Me too. :) Welcome to the forum, lovinglife2010.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 05:21:35 PM »
Whew, it's back!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Teacandy

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »
Yay! On one of my first trips to the forums I read all the way through the last attempt. I'm glad you're choosing to continue it!

ladylaw1978

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »
Metro, I may get in trouble for this, but you should be glad you brought back my Man! I was going to come find you if you hadn't!!!

Offline CJ Silver

• Llama Wrangler
  • Katamari Lover-Hater
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 09:19:53 PM »
Wait, I don't get it - you failed to get a painting? Did you miss one of Business's paintings? I am sure this attempt will be different, due to the randomness of Story Progression, so Sound Man won't marry Keri or something. Anyways, it's a shame you deleted your last thread, I wanted to st--borrow your comment about doing toddlers a disservice.  ;D
"The Points Mean Nothing" - My new catchphrase after seeing this trope on TV Tropes.com, to describe my belief on Legacies and other Sims 3 challenges

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 09:57:30 PM »
Anyways, it's a shame you deleted your last thread, I wanted to st--borrow your comment about doing toddlers a disservice.  ;D

Ha ha. Yeah, it's going to be tough to come up with the same volume of material. I can't just rehash the same bits again. Like I can't have Recipe give "the talk" to everyone at the junkyard. I can't have Business do the whole voicemail routine again. It's not going to be easy this time around.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 10:27:28 PM »
Yay!!! More Manliness.  Sooo, he's married, she's painting, now what?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 12:40:48 AM »
I've only been reading your Man Dynasty for about a week, but I was caught up and saddened when you had to end it. I'm so glad you decided to start again. I found it very clever and entertaining. I'm looking forward to new adventures of the Man clan. You set an excellent example in perseverance. I don't think that I could have started again after so many aborted starts. I don't know if you saved what you deleted, but perhaps you could do a Man Dynasty Outtakes section at the end of your Man Dynasty 5.0. It just seems a shame that others won't get to enjoy them, too.

I've only had a chance to read a couple Dynasties so far, but kudos to all who've taken on such a humongous task, whether you decide to do a story or not.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »
Inside Manly Estates

While my 4th attempt’s “OctaManor” was certainly unique in shape and some of its interior design, I think Manly Estates is superior for several reasons:
1). I spent a lot more time and care in the design and decoration of Manly Estates. It just looks nicer—more like a real home (although the outside is barren and will need work soon).
2). There’s going to be real organization to the museum that will be directly behind the house. Each immortal will have their own themed/specially decorated room to keep things in order. The museum will look so much nicer down the road compared to everything thrown into a dark basement.
3). And finally, and most importantly, just say the words “Manly Estates” to yourself. You’ll quickly discover that it sounds more Manly than OctaManor. There’s a similarity that cannot be ignored. The bottom line is I’m going for truth here. And remember — This Time it’s for Total Manhood.

So, now that you have a taste of what the International Bank of Crumplebottom can buy as opposed to the dismal reality of trying to get by on 1600 simoleans, let’s take a closer look around Manly Estates. What’s going on outside in the new garden? Why, it’s our old friend Recipe getting his fingers down in the dirt. I wasted no time in starting Recipe on his gardening skilling. It was important to get the first generation of plants in the ground asap. Hey, Recipe—hows about showing a little more TLC for that grape plant you’re stepping on?!

Here’s a few closer shots of the individual rooms. First up is the Master Bedroom—the place where Mans let their emotions run wild. I'm pretty proud of this room actually. I’ve definitely done worse.

Master bathroom. Looks pretty tasteful for now, but there's plenty of open wall space for future photos to take things down a notch.

Recipe's domain, the kitchen.

Here's the art studio where Agnes will spend most of her waking hours perfecting her sculpting talent. To the left of the art studio is the unfinished nursery for generation #2. I think eventually I’ll move the wall that separates the studio and the kitchen out two additional squares to make room for entertaining and for stairs to be added to the entryway area. Once generation #2 is born and Recipe has a good handle on his art skills, then there won’t be a need to have the studio so large.

Agnes Transforms into a Beautiful Man

In keeping with my greater emphasis on design and appearance this time around, I decided it was high time Agnes received a new look. “What? Metro cares about a Sim’s appearance?” you say. Hey, sometimes change is good. And when it comes to Agnes’ stock hairstyle, change is not only good, some may deem it a moral imperative to do so. I don’t what you’d call the kind of hairstyle she starts the game with, but “hideous” or “ghastly” might be pretty accurate. Now, she’s got a much younger look with the hair band going on, plus the attractive clothing to match.

ladylaw1978

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 04:21:19 PM »
Okay Metro, I'm still loving this. So many points to comment on here:

1. The Manly Estates manor is really inviting
2. The master bedroom is nice--I guess that's where real Man hang out
3. And most importantly...Agnes has worked 5.0 times for you. She deserves to be the mother to the first immortal. Besides, making her the mother will at least give the kid relatives (well I guess Bella had relations also)...but most importantly...NO MORE KISSY LIPS

Other than that...I'll shut up and sit back and enjoy myself

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »
Metro, I think you should see a psychiatrist because you may be addicted to hotpants.

If you do not want to see a psychiatrist, you should buy yourself some hotpants... I do not want to know what your children would say if they saw you wearing hotpants...
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
3. And most importantly...Agnes has worked 5.0 times for you. She deserves to be the mother to the first immortal. Besides, making her the mother will at least give the kid relatives (well I guess Bella had relations also)...but most importantly...NO MORE KISSY LIPS

Other than that...I'll shut up and sit back and enjoy myself

LOL. In a small way I kind of agree. There seems to be a mild uproar around here that Agnes should be the first mother and not Bella. But, that's not a part of the story line I'm willing to change. High value museum pieces for Recipe are still important for me. I was telling someone else, Aria I think, that simply getting Agnes to do an ice sculpture of Recipe as a Young Adult that won't melt is incredibly difficult in and of itself, so that's kind of a challenge I like to take on.

But, there will plenty of changes down the road—namely, who will Sound end up marrying this time? I'm looking forward to finding out. I certainly hope we all find out who Sound's mother-in-law is this time around instead of a missing picture on the family tree!  :D

ladylaw1978

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
Bah!!! Grumble, grumble. Well then at least marry Metro to that Bunch kid that's Bella's age. I've always liked Bella before she became a Man. Now, I dunno, it seems as if Hotpants came along stealing all of Agne's (who I never liked before she became a man) thunder ;)

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »
Nice to see this story is back, I never had time to finish reading the old one but I will follow this attempt from the beginning. The new house looks great. I always get confused seeing Agnes with different hair though, her old style is awful but after playing her for a long time I got used to thinking of it as the Agnes hair.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »
Poor Agnes gets so used and abused!  The least you could do is let her have a Man baby when she's a few days short of aging up to elder. :)