Author Topic: How-To: Moving Sims/Splitting Households - Sims 4  (Read 62361 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
How-To: Moving Sims/Splitting Households - Sims 4
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:12:39 AM »
Updated: Dec. 2019

Moving Sims or Household into a World:

- Just fresh out of CAS, select a world and lot you want to place them in. Click the moving truck (in lower right corner) to confirm move.

- If your Sim/household is in the Library, select them and select a world then the lot want to place them in. Click the moving truck (in lower right corner) to confirm move.

- If your Sim/household is in Manage Households, select them and click on the moving truck. Then select a lot or house to move into.

Splitting up a Household:

If Sim/household is in-game already, you can use the phone to move and split the household funds:

*Alternative way - As of Nov. 2019 patch:

1. Use the option (Split from Household and Move) on the phone.
-- This option is under the Travel tab.
2.1. Select which sims go into the new household.
2.2. Divide the funds.
3. Click the checkmark, which then sends the player to the 'choose a lot to move in' selection.

----

Old way, which still works!!

1. Open Manage Household and select household.
2. Split household by clicking the arrows button.
3. Select New Household, highlight the Sim or Sims you want to move and click the arrow.
4. Go back to Manage Households to find your Sim.
5. Select Sim from Manage Households and click on the moving truck. Select a lot, house or go to the World Select Menu to pick a different world to place them into.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
Re: Moving Sims/Splitting Households
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:17:23 PM »
Something else to bear in mind, a family may not be able to onto a given lot, especially if the lot is more expensive than their household budget has.   If this is a case, you might move the family into a house in their price range, and use a cheat to give them more money, and then move them out with the above.

First, thanks for this. The new moving method is a bit confusing at first, but I actually like it better now because it gives you so much more control.

Secondly, I wanted to add that, if you want to move a new family into an expensive house, choose a house that already has a relatively wealthy family in it (such as the Goth's, Landgraab's, or Salvatore Clammage). Then you can either use the method above to merge the family or simply move your family into the house with the other family. Afterwards, you can move any unwanted out. I've done it a few times, and it works really well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:20:45 AM »
If this is a case, you might move the family into a house in their price range, and use a cheat to give them more money, and then move them out with the above.

There's also the "freerealestate on" cheat if you want to move households to expensive houses. This way they retain their initial money amount. I use this more commonly since there was this one time that I split the household and they can't even afford the smallest starters.  :)
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »
@Bri

I have followed the instructions you posted, and they did work.

However, since the pool patch (I think), I have not been getting the option to move the split off household into a new house. The menu just doesn't come up. I can move a sim out, but that sim just disappears.

My work-around has been to save my entire family to the gallery, go back to my game, then go to manage household and click on a house, select the saved family to move into the new house, and then delete everyone except the sim I want to move in. I move in the sim and then go back to the original house and move out the sim -- apparently into the ether.

Unfortunately, although my sim has retained her skills and career, she has no relationship with the rest of her family.

The only other thing I can think of is to move her into a household in town, and then delete all the other members. She would keep her relationships then, I think.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ezza8899

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 06:24:43 AM »
I have had an issue with a household that I have just split up. I had a couple who just had twins so wanted to move out the two other bros but now cannot play ANYTHING  even in the other town. It shows the green plumbob, but when I try to play a household just goes back to Willow Creek.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does it mean I have to start all over again????

I only have one saved game, going back to the beginning would suck big time!

anything