Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 366363 times)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »
Well... Technically speaking if they made order of ingredients count, we'd be faced with 2'015'993'900'449 recipes...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline donatello

• Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2012, 10:33:39 AM »
And my predict combo effectiveness option is about as useful as a spoon is at cutting tough steak. Completely wrong, every single time.
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hmsdrco2001

• Nooboo
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34:29 AM »
I've been trying to discover Amazing nectar recipes with bananas. Working through 3-fruit combinations right now. Here is what I have so far for Amazing nectar combinations (one is listed above in this thread):

Banana 30%, Cherry 60%, Flame 10%
Banana 10%, Cherry 20%, Pomegranate 70%
Banana 60%, Cherry 10%, Pomelo 30%
Banana 40%, Cherry 50%, Pomelo 10%
Banana 40%, Cherry 20%, Pomelo 40%
Banana 10%, Cherry 40%, Lime 50%
Banana 30%, Life 60%, Flame 10%
Banana 40%, Life 50%, Pomegranate 10%
Banana 40%, Life 20%, Pomelo 40%
Banana 30%, Life 50%, Pomelo 20%
Banana 20%, Life 10%, Watermelon 70%
Banana 70%, Life 10%, Cranerlet Nuala 20%
Banana 60%, Life 20%, Cranerlet Nuala 20%
Banana 50%, Life 10%, Cranerlet Nuala 40%
Banana 30%, Life 40%, Meloire 30%
Banana 30%, Life 40%, Cherimola Blan 30%
Banana 20%, Life 20%, Cherimola Blan 60%
Banana 10%, Life 60%, Grapes 30%
Banana 20%, Life 30%, Apple 50%
Banana 10%, Life 20%, Apple 70%
Banana 20%, Flame 50%, Pomegranate 30%
Banana 40%, Flame 20%, Pomelo 40%
Banana 50%, Flame 10%, Watermelon 40%

I appreciate the many other recipes in this thread. I will share others as I discover them.

Take care,
Bill

Chuckles_82

« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2012, 07:46:29 AM »
I'm back to the testing board, and working on some more amazing recipes - this time ones that are available without WA fruits. There are over 19k combinations, but I'm focusing on ones that include grapes. That narrows it down to over 11k. I might just do a few a day. I'll post them here as I get them. Sorry if I double up on any already here, but it'll be a bit hard to eliminate them from my massive, massive list.

Here's the first amazing combination:

8 grapes, 1 Lifefruit, 1 Lime

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2012, 08:02:17 AM »
Ok after reading this. You guys have my curiosity peaked. I now want to make a file with only 2 sims, 1 for gardening and 1 for nectar maker, and give this a go. Not that I already have alot on my plate with my Dynasty..  :o

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »
This is great information!  Very useful - can I say "Amazing"?  ;)

Thanks to everyone and special thanks and welcome to razzle and hmsdrco!  I'm going to ask Carl to take a look at this as he may want to update the Guide.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Chuckles_82

« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »
There is a link to this thread in the guide, but I do have some updated information. I believe that the fruit values are flawed due to the way that they were calculated. That, and the game code has a nectar value for most fruits in the code in the ingredients _XML. There isn't a nectar value for bananas, but they can be used.

apple: 3
lime: 7
flame fruit: 18
grapes: 4
watermelon: 7
lifefruit: 22
avornalino: 5
gralladina fran: 5
cherimiola blan: 8
cranerlet nuala: 10
meloire: 12
renoit: 16
pomegranate: 6
plum: 7
pomelo: 12
cherries: 9
plasma: 18

taste multipliers (minimum)

terrible: 0.5
not very good: 0.9
pretty good: 1.1
great: 1.3
amazing: 1.5

skill level multipliers on quality:

0: 0.2
1: 0.3
2: 0.4
3: 0.6
4: 1
5: 1.15
6: 1.3
7: 1.5
8: 1.75
9: 2.05
10: 2.5

At level 10 nectar gets a value multiplier of 1.5

The maximum multiplier for combinations (ie, more than one type of fruit) is 1.75

There is a global variance of .332- .334

I'm not entirely sure what all that translates to exactly, but it might help to apply accurate figures to what others have worked out by trial and error.
From what I have read, it is impossible to work backwards to predict the value of fruit combinations because of the global variance.

gnowor has the best (though very technical) explanation on page 2 of this thread, judging by what I see in the code and what he's worked out from that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2012, 09:19:12 PM »
I'm very sure I had some Amazing recipes with bananas, limes, and flame fruit. Of course they've been appreciating for over 8 weeks in game,and my nectar maker is dead. I can give percentages if you don't mind the original value being absent.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Chuckles_82

« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2012, 04:35:40 AM »
So for 17 different fruits (from base to Showtime), with order unimportant and repetition allowed...

There are 5,311,735 different nectar combinations?

I do not think I can survive trying to actually make every single combination. :(

challenge accepted! (unfortunately the calculator only goes up to 1 million. I need to find another calculator lol)

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2012, 05:36:21 AM »
You have my respect, brave fruit stomper. Ohio gusaimaso... *Bows out of the scary challenge*

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
challenge accepted! (unfortunately the calculator only goes up to 1 million. I need to find another calculator lol)

Good luck! (I think I'd drive my boyfriend somewhat mad if I tried this.)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
I can't find a calculator that goes above 1mil :( And excel only goes up to 65536 apparently.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
I can't find a calculator that goes above 1mil :( And excel only goes up to 65536 apparently.

Multiple sheets in one book maybe? You could sort by the first fruit in each recipe.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
The trouble is I need to do it in one calculation with a macro. I don't think I could get it to list the results over several sheets. That figure is just what I found out while I was looking for a way to do it in excel, and found a macro that someone made. Even so, the macro didn't allow for repetition - I'd have to type each fruit represented by a letter, 10 times each. Unless I can find another program to do it, I might be stuck with being selective about what fruits I include, or trying to do it myself (too much room for error that way I think!)

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2012, 04:50:05 AM »
For those of you who use mods, you can use a mod to help with this: Nectar Combinatorics by Buzzler.