Author Topic: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes  (Read 367315 times)

Re: Share Your Nectar Making Recipes
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 01:26:50 AM »
Hi,

This is my first post here.  I found the link on the sims3.com forum about nectar recipes.  Cooking and gardening are my favorite things to do in TS3, so nectar making was a natural for me.  I've been playing around with 2 fruit combos and have a huge list of combos and their results.  But I just started playing around with 3 fruit combos.  

Chrys, your post was extremely helpful!!  :) Thank you so much for sharing!  Anyway, I have 2 "Absolutely Amazing" 3 fruit combos so far.

The first one is: 4 Life Fruit/3 Cherimola Blan/3 Meloire.  All are "perfect" fruit, made by a level 10 nectar maker.  The blend is classified as "Perfect" and was worth $330 per bottle right out of the nectar maker.  I will check on its "aged" value in a Sim week.  UPDATE: 3 Sim weeks later it's now worth $706

The 2nd one is: 4 Life Fruit/3 Pomegranate/3 Plum.  Again, all "perfect fruit", made by a level 10 nectar maker.  The blend is also classified as "Perfect" and was worth $322 per bottle right out of the nectar maker.  Again, I will check in its "aged" value in a Sim week.  UPDATE: 3 Sim weeks later, it's now worth $575

I will post more as I make them.  :D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 07:33:58 AM »
Thank you to everyone who's helped with this one. Clearly I have a lot of data to incorporate from the post by Chrys. That type of research wasn't feasible for me at this stage of the production process so I'm very very grateful.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
Carl, I just wanted to tell you, there are places that you can get other locations' rare fruits in France.  If you go to Map View and find La Gallerie d'Art (the art museum), a little ways towards the river there's a large house with a huge garden in the front.  When France first opens up, it's owned by the Pivert family, although in my game they moved into town and now it's vacant.  You can recognize it because the garden is laid out in a pattern of interwoven X's.  In the garden, there's a pomegranate, a plum, and a pomelo tree, as well as a few Base Neighborhood varieties.  Also, there's several apple trees behind the Nectary.

I must be missing something, or there's random variation. I just can't find this house you're talking about. Anyone able to provide further clarification?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 11:33:28 PM »
The house is the one closest to the lake in France.  Took me a while to figure it out with the prior directions, but I persevered.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 11:47:33 PM »
Gotta be honest I love tips but I have been a little frustrated sometimes trying to track down things when there is so much more to do. Thanks for the assist to the Original Poster of the info and you as well.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
I can't get to the island in the river! My Sim just refuses to go. Any ideas?

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »
The place to go in France for the little Island is called Faerie Tomb----Little Wood and Faerie Tomb----Eastern Watch.

Tarot

3 Fruit Combos
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 12:50:38 AM »
Well, I started messing around with combos including 1 Life Fruit and 3 Flame Fruit. I'm supposed to be a "Mix Master," so I tried checking the predictions. Most of them have been "won't go well together" or "not bad, but there are better combinations." I'm trying to make the ones that are supposed to "go well together." The first one I did, though, with 6 Plum, came up with a message as it finished being pressed or fermented or whatever that it was terrible! I drank some anyway, just for the heck of it, and I did get all 4 moodlets: +50 Full of Life; +25 Commanding Complexity; +15 Warm Fuzzies; and +15 Sugar Rush.

So, since I certainly don't need the §imoleons, I guess I'll just combine the 1 Life Fruit, 3 Flame Fruit & whatever else I have the most of.

Maui

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 05:09:01 PM »
Question for anyone who may have dabbled in this more then I have had a chance to thus far.  I get random wants that appear for making Nectar with different ingredients, some of which are not fruits.  Examples I've run into are make nectar with lettuce and make nectar with garlic.

Is there some way to unlock the ability of using non-fruit produce in the nectaring process or is this a bug?

EDIT:
I can only imagine them wanting to make nectar with those ingredients is a bug where they forgot to exclude those types. I can't drag garlic or potatoes into the maker even if it's the first item. Nothing 'vegetable' works. It's good they added the rare grapes to give us something with that rarity level to work with.
So I guess I should have just read more of the forum material...  I'll keep the post up just incase anyone is as impatient as I was in terms of not syphoning through the available information first :P

Laure

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 12:26:45 AM »
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the all tips posted and I wanted to share a successful recipe I found. 2 cherries plus 8 flame fruit creates an Amazing nectar. My level 10 sim has made a batch worth 399 per bottle. She used perfect flame fruit, but cherries were only "nice".  So, I think it is room for improvement. Good luck.

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the all tips posted and I wanted to share a successful recipe I found. 2 cherries plus 8 flame fruit creates an Amazing nectar. My level 10 sim has made a batch worth 399 per bottle. She used perfect flame fruit, but cherries were only "nice".  So, I think it is room for improvement. Good luck.

Hi Laura,

I just tried your recipe using perfect Flame Fruit and perfect Cherries and mine was worth $449 per bottle!  :o So yes, there was definitely room for improvement!  ;D  Great combo!!  Thank you!  ;D

Leto85

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »
I don't think I saw any at all in egypt, I was looking for cherries. I still don't have them to try in combinations. The food vendor in the city was gone for all of 3 days 1 trip, and 3 days another trip. I didn't let it go past 3. Very annoying.

As soon when I find a cherrie in someone's trashcan in Egypt (which was of horible quality) the store also begon to sell them. The quality there was normal/ nice (don't quite sure how the English term is) and from that one I was able to grow better ones.
So If you didn't find any, look in someone's trashcan to 'unlock' it in the store.
Hope this helps.

Maui

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »
Came across 2 Great recipes I haven't seen posted any where:
6 Plums + 3 Gralladina Fran Grapes + 1 Avornalino Grape
9 Regular Grapes + 1 Pomelo

I can see the viability of the second one here as an alternative option to the 5apple 5renoit for starting out, as you'll also be working toward getting a perfect pomelo (5th highest base value on the ingredient list) while creating it to get your nectaring skill up and maintaining a relatively equal value wine (70.3 base value * Great modifier for this recipe vs 72 base value * Amazing modifier on the apple-renoit combo).

I'm still fooling around looking for my first original amazing combination, I'll report back in with any further recipes I come across.  This is quite simply the most interesting thing in the expansion, and all of its complexities must be explored!  Lets continue working outside the box and get this complex system analyzed!

Maui

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 06:20:25 PM »
Keep your eyes peeled on this thread, I'm about 1 week away from posting a massive wall of text that will help everyone out.  Still finishing the data, and I'm trying to mathematically relate the information to see if there is a way to predict amazing combinations that are unusual.  If anyone comes across more amazing combinations outside of the ones posted thusfar, please post them as it may help me in my attempts to crack the code behind this!  (I'm a mathematician; I know someone better in programming may be able to just crack the game code to find this stuff out but I'm trying to do it old-school)

anything