Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »
Challenges Team,

I have questions about the length of age stages.
My Gen2 heir and his sibling became toddlers on a Friday evening in-game.
It's now Sunday and his age bar indicates he's a Day 2 toddler with "Days till age up 7."
I checked the calendar which shows his birthday as the following Sunday. I'm confused that their toddler stage is 9 days long.

My questions:
(1) Is my heir's 9-day toddler stage a bug or have the age stages become variable? (If it isn't a bug, I shall of course wait for 9 days to cake them up.)
(2) If the 9-day toddler stage is a bug, may I be permitted to cake up my toddlers on the 7th day after I received their previous birthday notices (the following Friday)?

Edited to add:
I found this thread on the Official Forum. Is it true that the age stages are now of variable length?
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943487/age-lengths-have-changed

Just wondering if The Team has any ruling on this and if we have to count our sims days out so everyone has the standard age lengths or just allow the game to randomize? tbh I haven't played with aging on for a very long time so wasn't aware of this.

Game Randomized Age in Sim Days According to OF Post:
Babies are still 2 days
Toddlers are 7-9 days
Children are 13-15 days
Teens are 13-15 days
Young adults are 22-25 days
Adults are 22-25 days
Elders are 9-12 days
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2019, 08:56:58 PM »
I think we have to let the game randomize, at least for most of the dynasty challenges. But that's my opinion. And in some of the challenges (Rival Dynasty and Life States, for example), you can age up when certain requirements are met.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2019, 11:30:19 PM »
So currently you have to wait for the Heir to reach YA before you can move them out, but it's possible to finish your requirements with the current generation long before that.  In the interest of not having to wait around 20+ days for a sim to age up to Young Adult between each generation, would it be possible to change the ruling on aging up the heir early, and allow it if and only if all requirements for the previous generation have been met?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2019, 05:35:15 AM »
Just wondering if The Team has any ruling on this and if we have to count our sims days out so everyone has the standard age lengths or just allow the game to randomize?

I agree with Marian, Play -- let the game just randomize them. Forcing players to count days would kind of be a pain.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2019, 08:23:11 AM »
So currently you have to wait for the Heir to reach YA before you can move them out, but it's possible to finish your requirements with the current generation long before that.  In the interest of not having to wait around 20+ days for a sim to age up to Young Adult between each generation, would it be possible to change the ruling on aging up the heir early, and allow it if and only if all requirements for the previous generation have been met?

Teens only take about 2 weeks to age up, not 20 days. My own opinion is that the Dynasty challenges are not designed for players who enjoy min-maxing, but for players who like to develop their Sims. In the Sims 3 DecaDynasty Challenge, which this is partly similar to, players had to wait until their Sims became Adults before they could move out. But that's only my opinion. What do others say?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2019, 08:35:36 AM »
The dynasties are all made with different playstyles in mind. I dont think we should change any age up restrictions in this.
(I am the powerplayer that pushes as fast as possible through even though I know I must wait on the next generation to age up. Instead I use the extra teenage time to make my next generation better to handle their next tasks :) )

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »
Yeah, Dek, sorry, my friend, but I completely agree with Marian and Lena. Dynasties are about the long haul and being patient. Tournament challenges are short and sweet with things like aging up kids typically allowed. Plus, this Dynasty has been live now for more than a month with many players already deep into their files and stories. It's not really right to allow aging up at this point.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2019, 10:13:14 AM »
Makes sense to me!  I was pretty sure this would be the case, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: October 09, 2019, 06:20:02 PM »
Probably dumb question, does Uncomfortable count as an emotional whim if there is something you are given to do about it, like, take a bath or such?  I'm thinking not but just checking to be sure.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: October 09, 2019, 07:10:15 PM »
Probably dumb question, does Uncomfortable count as an emotional whim if there is something you are given to do about it, like, take a bath or such?  I'm thinking not but just checking to be sure.

No, it absolutely would count, Joria.

Online GlazeyLady

• Occult
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #185 on: October 09, 2019, 07:41:09 PM »

I'm like you @dethdukk - I like to finish the requirements (although I don't rush through them like a challenge) and then move on. With my first generation, my founder only had to throw 3 more parties when my heir aged to teen, and those could have easily been done by then, I just drew it out.  My teen heir had all positive trait values, was a Top Notch Toddler, and had completed all four child aspirations.  I didn't really want him to accomplish more, because that would just mean that he'd likely meet all his requirements sooner.  I had a few things I wanted to do in those last two weeks, but mostly I had the game on high speed and just let all the sims do whatever they wanted . . . .really fast . . . . for those last two weeks. I worked/played on my other computer and just kept an eye on them, and only intervened if a need was getting close to red.  :)  That helped get through the extra time fairly quickly.

I do really like this challenge, and find it really fun to play - the only part that doesn't appeal to me is all the extra time that isn't needed to meet the goals.  I'm trying to manage that better with the second generation - moving him much slower on the requirements and playing more to the story. But I did make a mistake right off with Gen 2 - I started playing to the story BEFORE getting started on the Gen 3 heir, and then realized that's just going to make more time at the end of this generation, so I'll probably be needing that speed option again.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2019, 09:04:28 PM »
Just wondering if The Team has any ruling on this and if we have to count our sims days out so everyone has the standard age lengths or just allow the game to randomize?

I agree with Marian, Play -- let the game just randomize them. Forcing players to count days would kind of be a pain.

Yep, shame though as I like the challenge of min/maxing and the waiting around on each gen is just a no go for me. Was considering a play through where time was the factor in a 'win'. But it's a really great challenge regardless of my min/maxing compulsion.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2019, 09:53:27 PM »

@Joria
I didn't think that Uncomfortable would count because I've never had a sim in my Power of 10 dynasty spawn an emotional whim while feeling Uncomfortable.
Maybe I just didn't wait long enough.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2019, 11:07:15 PM »
@Metropolis Man :  thanks.  She got bee stung several times and finally spawned a take a bath for uncomfortable.  I've never seen this before.

@oshizu:  Me either.  But she spawned a take bath thing.  I'm not going to count it as there are so many other whims but it was interesting to see it crop up.

In general I like the slower pace, (if you make it that way), of dynasty play.  There are times, few and far between, where I hit speed but mostly I play on speed one or two.  I really don't want to miss anything they are doing and I often will on speed 3.  I don't often do challenges because they have to be faster and it makes it less fun for me, but I appreciate the challenges and often follow along with what folks are doing to win.  I have a general story line in mind and I try to follow that but often those guys lead me down a different path, which is perfectly ok.  I'm too much of a perfectionist to rush through anything anymore.  Comes with getting old I think.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2019, 09:23:01 PM »
@Metropolis Man, @sdhoey, @MarianT  : Ok, with latest Windows update all my save files for this dynasty were eaten alive.  There is nothing, not even the founder saved in my library, left.  Even Mrs. Flynn couldn't help.  So basically this is a fail, but the only fault I have is my stupidity in not making a second, back up file.  I don't want the story to end but I think I may have a way to salvage it without sending the original part to the Graveyard if the team will agree.  I propose evil happened, first family totally destroyed, BUT there was an unknown offshoot who produced over the centuries by means of Magic, (Yes, I'll have to use the new Magic stuff with my founder), the person who will resurrect the lineage and fulfill the quest by doing the Power of 10 Dynasty stuff.  So, what say you?  Do I just ditch the whole thing or give the story telling a whirl?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2019, 09:45:45 PM »
Sorry to hear you couldn't locate your save files in OneDrive, Joria. What a terrible thing to happen! :(

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2019, 11:38:25 PM »
What's One Drive?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2019, 11:57:29 PM »
OneDrive is cloud file storage (Save files and photos to OneDrive and get them from any device, anywhere). - https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

The link above is informational. It tells about OneDrive and how to use it. I have it turned off. If you need support on it, please see link above.

What's One Drive?
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:34 AM »
Thank you.  Don't think I have it.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2019, 07:41:07 PM »
Well, obviously my question was a no brainer.  If your founder, spouse and heir are dead, (disappeared or whatever), the story is over.  I did find an obscure file with the founder's "body" in it before play.  Must have saved it in cas.  So I'm going to try a do over and see where it leads.  So please add Always Time for Tea to the graveyard and I will start A Fresh Brew if that is ok.  Thanks Team for your patience.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »
Good luck with your next effort, Joria. :)