Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708131 times)

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1650 on: January 03, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »
@WriterJunkie, I forgot to say -- I'm impressed that you read all 66 pages of the thread. Still, be glad you didn't try the Immortal Dynasty for TS3 -- that's at 416.

O.O... uh, nah, I don't think I could've done that. It took me hours to read all 66 pages. Thanks, though. :)

Couple more questions.

I have my sim in the Scientist career. I was going to do the Inventions from the science career as my founders museum pieces... but I don't know what those are. I have only briefly played any of the GTW careers, so I have no idea what an invention would be. Can you give me an example please, so I'll know. And it doesn't have to be all the same invention?

Also, I know we can't download houses from the gallery, but I truly suck at building. It takes me forever and I grow bored quickly. Could I build the house in a different save, then when it's finished save it to my library and go into my Dynasty challenge and download it from there. It would be my creation (as ugly as that could be LOL) but I'd just be able to complete it a bit at a time until I"m happy with it.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1651 on: January 03, 2016, 07:29:21 PM »
Science Career Inventions:

Momentum Conserver
SimRay
Hover Lamp
Satellite Dish
Cloning Machine
Electroflux Wormhole Generator

No it doesn't have to be the same invention, you can mix and match for your museum. 

The house you build and save to your library.  When you download from there, does it subtract the money from your current household funds?  I am not comfortable with this idea, team thoughts?

Suggestion:  You don't have to build house, you can live out in the open.  Just build a small square room for your restroom needs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1652 on: January 03, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »
Yes, it takes the money away for the value of the home. And since it will be created without a sim on the lot, it won't have depreciated value, it will be full value of the house build and furnishings.

We're living outside now, even though I had the landgraabs move in, but that's not really fun.

If not, it's fine, I'll just have to take a few days to build the house in the dynasty save, I just won't get to play. (It really does take me a bit to build a house... and not even a good house. haha) I just figured it was my creation, and it will not lose any value as it's not being built by a sim, it'll be just a regular build, so I will have to pay full price for the build. But I'd rather be on the safe side and know before I even do it, cause I do not want to have to restart again (though I fear that will happen at some point).

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1653 on: January 03, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »
@WriterJunkie, what I do sometimes is put down a foundation, just a big square or rectangle--which is free. Click it up one click (don't need stairs). Build your bathrooms where you think you want them. Then, arrange your furniture into rooms, without building the walls yet. Having the foundation makes it feel like you're not just scattered around the lawn and having designated room areas makes it look and feel better. Live with it like that for a few days to see if you like the layout. If you do, just build walls around the rooms that are already there, making sure to leave hallways so you can get to everything. Add a roof and a porch if you want. A house built like this almost always comes out looking nice and has a layout that you know you're going to like. It doesn't have to be elaborate!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1654 on: January 03, 2016, 08:25:13 PM »
Yes, it takes the money away for the value of the home. And since it will be created without a sim on the lot, it won't have depreciated value, it will be full value of the house build and furnishings.

We're living outside now, even though I had the landgraabs move in, but that's not really fun.

If not, it's fine, I'll just have to take a few days to build the house in the dynasty save, I just won't get to play. (It really does take me a bit to build a house... and not even a good house. haha) I just figured it was my creation, and it will not lose any value as it's not being built by a sim, it'll be just a regular build, so I will have to pay full price for the build. But I'd rather be on the safe side and know before I even do it, cause I do not want to have to restart again (though I fear that will happen at some point).

It seems an unnecessarily complicated approach. You don't have to actually have a house on the lot -- since we don't have Seasons, your sims can live outdoors for the whole time. You don't have to produce a house all at once. Some people start large when they get an influx of income from moving in the Landgraabs or another wealthy family; others add on rooms as they need them.

Your request is still under discussion, but so far the inclination is not to allow the use of a separate save if you're going for inclusion in the Hall of Fame.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1655 on: January 03, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »
It's fine. I went ahead and started building a house. While I do love a good rags to riches challenge, with this challenge I just want to focus on the requirements, so I moved in the Landgraabs and got 300K (did that earlier) and this is how far I've gotten on my house. It looks like Christmas throw up, haha, but it should be plenty big to do for the whole challenge. I'm going to purchase a retail lot for the museum and just create a big room on the lot for all their belongings to go there.

Here's a couple screenshots of the house.

I just don't want to fail the challenge or be disqualified from the HOF so I built something resembling a house. It might take me all 8 generations to furnish it, but at least it should be big enough. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1656 on: January 04, 2016, 08:23:40 AM »
Looks great to me! And yes, it's best not to put too much furniture in at the start, as it will fill up by the time you're finished.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1657 on: January 04, 2016, 01:22:14 PM »
@WriterJunkie - Great house! I struggled creating mine at first and then decided I'd make it so I could add on easily. Don't worry about fillin the space. Sims will soon make requests for various household furnishings and it'll fill in over time.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1658 on: January 05, 2016, 07:14:56 AM »
I've learned how to unlock items from buy/build mode and save it as CC because I want a certain look for my build and didn't want to have a Sim in a certain career just to get that item, is that considered a cheat or am I allowed to go ahead with it? Example: My build is supposed to resemble a spaceship and EAxis has already unlocked the science laboratory pipes and whatnot, but I wanted the door as well (unlocks at Lv6 of scientist career), if I had the door as a CC I'd be able to use it without sending a non-immortal to work as a scientist.

I understand if it's called a cheat, I'll just have to get creative =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1659 on: January 05, 2016, 08:25:32 AM »
I've learned how to unlock items from buy/build mode and save it as CC...

Explain.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1660 on: January 05, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »
It's a program CC makers use called Sims 4 Studio, you can unlock career rewards and save them as a new item as well as recolour clothes etc. I can PM you the link if you want to read up on it?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1661 on: January 05, 2016, 08:55:40 AM »
It's a program CC makers use called Sims 4 Studio, you can unlock career rewards and save them as a new item as well as recolour clothes etc. I can PM you the link if you want to read up on it?

Well, on the one hand - it does not matter. This is not the Tournament and a competitive environment with a Dynasty. On the other hand, you're essentially tricking the game as you would with BuydeBug to make things you want available. Let's see what other team members say.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1662 on: January 05, 2016, 12:07:25 PM »
@WriterJunkie

I'm going to purchase a retail lot for the museum and just create a big room on the lot for all their belongings to go there.

Don't do that.  Have you done it yet?  We only allow players to put museum on other lot because of special circumstances (like computer issues).  I am updating the rules to be more clear about the museum in a few minutes.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1663 on: January 05, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »
UPDATE:

8. Contribute eight items** to your Immortal Dynasty Family Museum.  Museum must be placed on your dynasty lot.  Each Heir’s Dynasty Museum’s items need to be of a unique type, must be placeable, and either created or collected.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1664 on: January 05, 2016, 02:46:14 PM »
Yay!!! That could not have come at a better time.

I've been trying to figure out how to put my things in the actual museum in town (haven't done it, was just researching).

anything