Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707964 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1800 on: April 13, 2016, 11:38:13 AM »
@ratchie My founder is blue and his two boys are blue. They can pollinate the blue gene outside the house (gen 2 after he has his heir, of course) and cloning means I can add any of those kids, namely the blue ones, into the house without their familial relations (my understanding is clones do not have any of the relationships or skills of their donor).

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1801 on: April 13, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »
Oh I understand now. Personally I don't like the idea of being able to add children or anyone to the house without doing the work and using the ask to move in social. Of course its totally up to Metro and the ladies of the challenge team.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1802 on: April 13, 2016, 01:40:06 PM »
I've always assumed that the only way you could add to a dynasty household was by asking someone to move in, giving birth, or adopting a child. But I just looked at the rules, and there's nothing that says you can't clone. On the other hand, the general rules were written before GTW came out.

@dontmindme, I'd wait before doing this. Does the clone of a sim outside your household automatically become a member of your household? If so, I'd say no. But if you want to clone someone outside the household and then ask that sim to move in, I think that would be okay. Still, I'd wait until the other members of the team have weighed in.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1803 on: April 13, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »
@MarianT I haven't tried cloning in the game before so my knowledge is second-hand. That said, the guides I've seen say that clones are automatically added to the household. I figured it's probably stretching the rules a bit, that's why I wanted to know. My scientist isn't even at the level to create a cloning machine yet, let alone upgrade it (5-6 and 8, respectively), so waiting/rejecting isn't a huge deal over here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1804 on: April 13, 2016, 07:20:01 PM »
Yeah, I am not particularly fond of adding to the Dynasty household without at least doing some type of invite. So, I am with Rachel on the cloning thing.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1805 on: April 14, 2016, 06:46:13 AM »
Has anyone noticed a change in the dynamics of relationships between dynasty households?  My elder founder Rose and her great-great-grandaughter Daisy have developed a romance and keep flirting and kissing spontaneously.  Also, the whole household has developed romantic feelings for my gen 6's spouse and keep getting sad and jealous whenever they are affectionate.   It's becoming a nightmare to control them and their raging emotions and hormones!!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1806 on: April 14, 2016, 09:22:03 AM »
RULES UPDATE:

Adding to the household using Sims 4 Gallery is banned.
has been changed to --
Sims can only be added to a household by being born, adopted, married, or asked to move in.

This means no using gallery and no using cloning machine. 

NOTE:
Are there any other ways to add to household that we haven't covered?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1807 on: April 14, 2016, 09:36:28 AM »
@tjtemple I have noticed my founder keeps flirting with her grandsons and great grandson in law. Its very disconcerting.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1808 on: April 14, 2016, 09:52:29 AM »
@tjtemple I have noticed my founder keeps flirting with her grandsons and great grandson in law. Its very disconcerting.

Rachel

Oh @ratchie isn't it awful  :o  I nearly fell off my chair when I found them kissing!  Is this a recent thing for your dynasty?  I've never had it on any of my other (failed) IDC attempts.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1809 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:59 AM »
Has anyone noticed a change in the dynamics of relationships between dynasty households?  My elder founder Rose and her great-great-grandaughter Daisy have developed a romance and keep flirting and kissing spontaneously.  Also, the whole household has developed romantic feelings for my gen 6's spouse and keep getting sad and jealous whenever they are affectionate.   It's becoming a nightmare to control them and their raging emotions and hormones!!

Do you have a household club? Do you have a sauna?
This happened with my dynasty several months ago--I set up the club activities to ban Social/Romance and Social/Kiss within the club.
Also note that that if your club has Social/Friendly and Hobbies/Spa Activities is a club activities, the game considers "Woohoo/Try for baby in the sauna" to be a "Friendly" activity.
After noticing that all the dynasty men had pink bars with and "Woohoo" whims for Gen3's husband, these steps nipped those romances in the bud.
Also locked up the sauna for everyone except the pollinator's mini-club.

I don't know why it's happening in your dynasty, tj, but the Friendly + Spa Activities + sauna combo is what triggered all the romancing in mine.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1810 on: April 14, 2016, 10:32:12 AM »
RULES UPDATE:

Adding to the household using Sims 4 Gallery is banned.
has been changed to --
Sims can only be added to a household by being born, adopted, married, or asked to move in.

This means no using gallery and no using cloning machine. 

NOTE:
Are there any other ways to add to household that we haven't covered?

What's the difference between doing this in Sims 4 that bans it this time when Sims 3 it was allowed.  Is it because of the age difference or because it can happen to people outside the household? TS3 it was a lifetime reward that was allowed and it made a child version of the household member.  Just trying to understand since I'm still semi new to cloning. 

2nd question - It's probably in the thread somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.   Alien pollination, babies from alien abduction can be returned to home world right?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1811 on: April 14, 2016, 10:52:16 AM »
Hi Rica-

The team just wants to up the difficulty.  Being able to add to household with one click is just a tad bit too easy.

For your second question, you can keep as household members or send back to home world, it is your choice. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1812 on: April 14, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »
Thanks Nutella.  Just wondering - Thank you! and Thank you again for the quick responses :)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1813 on: April 14, 2016, 12:01:44 PM »
Yes @oshizu I think it's the friendly club activity that's triggered it. I'm going to ban romance and hope all the crushes wear off!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1814 on: April 14, 2016, 12:04:32 PM »
@Nutella

While I respect the decision made by the challenge team, I would like to say that cloning isn't just a click of a button. A member of the household has to join the scientist career, level that career to 8 (getting 14 breakthroughs, completing the tasks at work if joining, etc), go to work, find the materials to create the machine, take time out of work to create the machine, then upgrade the machine at work before you can start cloning sims. I understand the decision as after the initial steps necessary to get the machine it becomes too easy to do (though in my opinion it's like having an heir in Sims 3 who maxes science hanging around to clone X whenever they want), but it is a bit involved to get to that point. Thank you all for the quick verdict, it is much appreciated. :)

anything