Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708002 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1860 on: May 30, 2016, 01:11:16 PM »

@MissZoef
It certainly helped mine tremendously.  And the loading screen delay!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1861 on: May 30, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »

@MissZoef
It certainly helped mine tremendously.  And the loading screen delay!
Oh that's good to hear. I noticed the loading screens were getting longer as well

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1862 on: May 30, 2016, 07:13:02 PM »
Hi, so I just hosted a Birthday party for Gen 2 and the requirement 'Have an Adult give a toast' popped up but none of my sims got the option to give a toast, even though they all had drinks and were good friends with each other. It is literally the only requirement I couldn't complete and I got a silver for the party. Can I count it as a gold?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1863 on: May 30, 2016, 09:39:02 PM »
Sorry @dontmindme, we can't let you count that as gold medal.  It's a really annoying requirement, but is doable.  You could use a different kind of party for gold medal requirement, or wait for the next birthday party to redo the birthday gold medal.

Thanks @MarianT for a few tips on this:
- use orange juice.
- The trick is to have another sim besides the toasting sim actually drinking at the time.
- For birthdays in general, wait for the YA birthday, because you have to use the "compliment" from romance rather than friendly.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1864 on: May 31, 2016, 12:27:05 AM »
@dontmindme I have found that your Sim also needs to be standing up to do this.  They have a tendency to go and sit down to drink so your timing has to be good! Or remove the chairs! :D 

Good luck; the parties are hard but as @Nutella says, doable. 

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1865 on: May 31, 2016, 07:54:54 AM »
@Nutella @tjtemple Thanks for the tips and quick replies, you guys. The thing is that I had everyone doing orange juice (well, I told them orange juice; whether my sims actually took orange juice and not milk I'll have to go back to look) and with everyone good friends with the birthday boy but it didn't come up. Oh, well, *makes notes for future reference*.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1866 on: May 31, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »
Is there a way to get more children (quick) into my dynasty file? Because I want my child heir to complete the social butterfly aspiration where he was to befriend three other children. The one that I found in the world is his BFF, but now I have to befriend three others. I also have a pollinator sim in my household now, so there are three new babies born already. If they age up I can befriend them too.
I tried visisting the parks with the playgrounds, but there are no children there unfortunately.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1867 on: May 31, 2016, 10:19:50 AM »
Is there a way to get more children (quick) into my dynasty file? Because I want my child heir to complete the social butterfly aspiration where he was to befriend three other children. The one that I found in the world is his BFF, but now I have to befriend three others. I also have a pollinator sim in my household now, so there are three new babies born already. If they age up I can befriend them too.
I tried visisting the parks with the playgrounds, but there are no children there unfortunately.
@MissZoef  You could have someone in your household adopt a child. I often invited "elders" into the home so they could adopt, bringing new blood into the family.
Just depends how much space your household has.

Edited: Oops, I misread that you wrote "dynasty file" and not "dynasty household." Ignore that bit about adoption.
You could also try to have your child "Make friends" at school but I don't know if that will actually cause new children to spawn...
Or, you could just wait two sim-days for your pollinators' three kids to age up.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1868 on: May 31, 2016, 10:29:25 AM »
@oshizu Yeah I suppose I could wait, it would be nice if there were more children in the world to interact with, I always felt that was a bit lacking. Same for teenagers. I will try to make friend at school, maybe that way there will spawn more :) it's worth a shot.

edit: making friends at school actually works. They show up in his 'contacts' and that way I can invite them over :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1869 on: May 31, 2016, 11:05:26 AM »
@MissZoef
goede nieuws!  *claps happily for you!

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1870 on: May 31, 2016, 11:06:10 AM »
Haha dankje :-) (thank you)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1871 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »
Can good friends also be ghosts? Or does it have to be a living person?

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1872 on: June 01, 2016, 12:24:59 AM »
Can good friends also be ghosts? Or does it have to be a living person?

They have to be living; hence the strategy to delay this element until towards the point of ambrosia.  Otherwise you risk your friends dying, or sometimes being culled by the game (usually not until gen 6 onwards if the town gets over populated).

Good luck :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1873 on: June 02, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »
Todays patch and changes to CAS makes male pregnancies possible as part of normal game-play. I guess this means some changes to the rules regarding these changes?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1874 on: June 02, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
Omg really? I thought it was just clothes. Interesting.

anything