Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698001 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2520 on: May 11, 2019, 03:27:05 PM »
Hi Shannon!  Thanks for the welcome back.  And.....already questions, lol.  So, we can place Maxis builds in lots, right?  Like, a restaurant, spa, etc.  At one point we also could modify these Maxis lots.  I found my old game and remembered carrying around a tent I placed for pollinating, and putting things, showers and kitchens, etc., changing the decor and/or adding skilling items, in public lots.  Is this still ok?  I remember what was not allowed was not deleting any walls that changed the general Maxis build.

Have only reached page 28 of my re-reading notes.  Sheeesh!  The horrible things EA did to the game in general!  Does the allowing a larger population density take care of the once dreaded culling issue?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2521 on: May 11, 2019, 04:18:53 PM »
Does the allowing a larger population density take care of the once dreaded culling issue?

My Generation 4 heir is a teen and no houses in any worlds are occupied. There are still lots of Sims around, but they are not housed. If that matters to you, you probably want to go the pollinating route.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2522 on: May 11, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »
How are you going to get to Gen.5 with no population?  Friends?  Spouse?  Sounds like culling is still an issue even with larger population levels.  I'm only barely on founder so no worries yet. *crosses fingers*

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2523 on: May 11, 2019, 05:07:02 PM »
There are Sims around, just not in houses. I haven't sent anyone to Selvadorada, so the game will generate Sims there. It will also generate NPCs like librarians and gym trainers, etc. My neighborhoods have been empty for quite a while and I've had no trouble at all meeting Sims for friends. My Gen 4 heir met another teen at the park at night and she'll be his spouse. I haven't really had any issue with culling--I haven't noticed friends just disappearing, etc, even though there aren't any neighbors in houses. If I got desperate, I would use the one-time repopulation, but I don't think that's going to be necessary.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2524 on: May 11, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
Hey @Joria I am not home right at the moment. I will get back to you in a bit. But yes you can edit, but do not delete walls etc.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2525 on: May 11, 2019, 05:40:29 PM »
Thanks, Shannon!  Kind of nervous to start a new one, but hey, life and Sims are full of adventures, right?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2526 on: May 11, 2019, 08:57:39 PM »
Hi Shannon!  Thanks for the welcome back.  And.....already questions, lol.  So, we can place Maxis builds in lots, right?  Like, a restaurant, spa, etc.  At one point we also could modify these Maxis lots.  I found my old game and remembered carrying around a tent I placed for pollinating, and putting things, showers and kitchens, etc., changing the decor and/or adding skilling items, in public lots.  Is this still ok?  I remember what was not allowed was not deleting any walls that changed the general Maxis build.

Have only reached page 28 of my re-reading notes.  Sheeesh!  The horrible things EA did to the game in general!  Does the allowing a larger population density take care of the once dreaded culling issue?

I am searching for posts that will answer most of your questions. As for the "ghost town" I hope that helps answer that one.

If I find more I will link them here for you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2527 on: May 12, 2019, 09:37:08 PM »
@sdhoey:  So about club perks vs lot traits; if my founder wants to do Leader of the Pack can she buy a non-skill influencing perk, like one of the emotions or popular club and still have any of the non-skill influencing lot traits?  Since you are limited to one perk it would be silly to pick one that influences just one type of skill any way, ditto for lot traits, yet there are those that are non-influencing. 

Part two:  If you have heirs or other household members in your club are they allowed to buy any of the perks which would then ultimately influence everyone or is it a one shot deal and they would also not be able to buy club perks?

Happy Mother's Day to all our wonderful women, Mom's or not.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2528 on: May 13, 2019, 08:12:01 AM »
@sdhoey:  So about club perks vs lot traits; if my founder wants to do Leader of the Pack can she buy a non-skill influencing perk, like one of the emotions or popular club and still have any of the non-skill influencing lot traits?  Since you are limited to one perk it would be silly to pick one that influences just one type of skill any way, ditto for lot traits, yet there are those that are non-influencing. 

Part two:  If you have heirs or other household members in your club are they allowed to buy any of the perks which would then ultimately influence everyone or is it a one shot deal and they would also not be able to buy club perks?

Happy Mother's Day to all our wonderful women, Mom's or not.

Part One: Once you choice Lot Traits or Club Perks, that is it. You can't have both. You can use one Adult Skilling club perk and have as many of the other as you like. You cannot choose both routes.

Part Two: Lot Traits with ONE Adult Skill Trait OR Club Perk with One Adult Skilling Trait.  One Shot deal as long as you stick to one Adult Skilling trait.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2529 on: May 13, 2019, 12:53:44 PM »
Finally finished reading all the notes.  Wow!  It's been that long and I must say, seems a bit discouraging with all the garbage and bugs folks have gone through.  Kudos to all who have made it all the way and to HOF!  I've actually decided to start over at this point for several reasons.  I think I want a brand new Sim and lots of things to do before I actually begin for real.  Plans to make, places to set down, (Maxis builds), and the all important strategies and where to start.  I think, since it's been so long, a good place to begin is reading some of the stories, already read my graveyard one, (boy I'm sad I can't restart the McClouds!) and am looking forward to reacquaint myself with a few loved ones like Duke and Colt to name two.  Lots of work before The Day so wish me luck.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2530 on: May 13, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »
Good luck, Joria. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2531 on: May 16, 2019, 03:33:59 PM »
Thanks, Metro.  Tried to post my first story page and got an error 504.  Sigh.  Still trying to figure out how to post the jpgs and words.
Back to the notes for learning.

EDIT:  Yay me!  Really, yay you because you made it so easy!  Now to figure out how to post chapters.  Thanks everybody.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2532 on: May 17, 2019, 05:04:51 AM »
Hey everyone. I'm just wondering, can our Sims take on the Freelancer careers or are those banned?
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2533 on: May 17, 2019, 08:11:30 AM »
Hey everyone. I'm just wondering, can our Sims take on the Freelancer careers or are those banned?

Only spares and non heirs can do the Freelance Career.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2534 on: May 25, 2019, 01:22:58 PM »
Hope it's ok to ask this here, what rewards do you feel are the first and foremost in importance for helpers/non-heirs  to get first to help the founders/heir along?  Yes, I know about Potions of Life but what else would be the most beneficial in your opinions?  My helpers have quickly gained enough points to purchase my personal favorite, Connections, which I chose to give everyone a bigger, better house with more skilling objects sooner, but are there any that would remain with the household after they die?  I'm assuming things that would normally benefit them, like Steel Bladder etc., would not be that beneficial since it only immediately affects them and then they die and it's gone, points lost.  Since many "helpers" quickly reach old age there lifespan is particularly short and I want the biggest bang for the buck.

Second question:  Is it better for your founder/heir to achieve high level career first or acquire a spouse and start on baby making sooner, say, YA rather than Adult?

----------
My No Buy Story

anything