Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708140 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2535 on: May 25, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »
Hope it's ok to ask this here, what rewards do you feel are the first and foremost in importance for helpers/non-heirs to get first to help the founders/heirs along?  Yes, I know about Potions of Life but what else would be the most beneficial in your opinions?  My helpers have quickly gained enough points to purchase my personal favorite, Connections, which I chose to give everyone a bigger, better house with more skilling objects sooner, but are there any that would remain with the household after they die?  I'm assuming things that would normally benefit them, like Steel Bladder, etc., would not be that beneficial since it only immediately affects them and then they die and it's gone, points lost.  Since many "helpers" quickly reach old age their lifespan is particularly short and I want the biggest bang for the buck.

Second question:  Is it better for your founder/heir to achieve high-level career first or acquire a spouse and start on baby making sooner, say, YA rather than Adult?

For my helpers/non-heirs, Connections is a must for careers that have levels. Also depends on what their aspirations are. But once they have reached a certain point in my dynasty, I use them mostly for moodlet solvers and Potions of Youth.

Second Question:

For me as long as the heir is born before the founder has reached elder I am fine. BUT I would like for them to be a certain level if I can. That is why I like to choose aspirations and Careers that my founder can achieve pretty fast so they can move on to the shared aspirations like SoulMate, Money, etc

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2536 on: May 25, 2019, 10:04:36 PM »
Thanks Shannon.  In both my files my founder, (I take forever playing because I can't resist building, lol), is working on her career which I gave the same career to both.  In file 1 she married but I'm not happy with it at the moment and I'm thinking a trip to Strangeville might find more interesting spouse material. She's pushing adult in the file 1 and no where near in file 2 but she and her helpers have moved along quite nicely.  What a nightmare finding jobs with Connections for four Sims!  One of them I had wanted to be a scientist but he was always mixing drinks so, voila, a mixologist in the making with Founder being a chef, (I hope), my gardner, well duh, joined gardening and my fisherman will soon join scientist since he seems driven towards logic.  Interesting how they sometimes lead the way despite our best wishes.

MODIFIED:
  Question:  May I play and post the stories for both files?  I have back ups for both and it seems "Alternate Simiverse" could be interesting playing the SAME founder for both.  If the answer is yes, should I write them in separate stories, (to keep it a bit shorter for each for readers), or should it be one very long story.  Might get confusing that way.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2537 on: June 03, 2019, 10:11:15 PM »
I was wondering if the team might consider allowing a mod that reduces the City Living names for townies. It does not affect gameplay at all. I'm almost done with my dynasty and after 8 generations, many Sims seem to have variations of the same handful of City Living names, which is annoying and sometimes makes it difficult to keep all the various Izumis, Tanvis, and Adviks straight.

This is the mod: http://modthesims.info/d/614664/no-less-city-living-townie-names-updated-13-nov-2018.html. All it does is force the game to draw from all names available, rather than being heavily weighted to the very limited City Living names list.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2538 on: June 03, 2019, 10:18:50 PM »
I was wondering if the team might consider allowing a mod that reduces the City Living names for townies. It does not affect gameplay at all. I'm almost done with my dynasty and after 8 generations, many Sims seem to have variations of the same handful of City Living names, which is annoying and sometimes makes it difficult to keep all the various Izumis, Tanvis, and Adviks straight.

This is the mod: http://modthesims.info/d/614664/no-less-city-living-townie-names-updated-13-nov-2018.html. All it does is force the game to draw from all names available, rather than being heavily weighted to the very limited City Living names list.

I will pass this on to the team. We will get back to you.

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2539 on: June 04, 2019, 08:02:51 PM »

Sorry, but we have to say No on this one. We are all dealing with this in our own games as it comes up. Good luck with your Eighth Generation.

Shannon

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2540 on: June 04, 2019, 10:42:00 PM »
Okay. Thanks for asking.

Offline ramblinghaggis

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2541 on: June 06, 2019, 11:52:14 AM »
So my first gen was getting off to a great start. My founder maxed cooking, gourmet and gardening, grew orchids and now has death flowers, completed her two aspirations and is level 9 im her career. Wonderful. Got her married and heir on the way, looking forward to getting the extra museum items with the heir....and she has triplets. Completely game dictated. Never have i had triplets born in game without fertility boosts and so forth. I literally sat staring at the laptop screen for a few minutes, saved the game and went to bed where i stared at the ceiling for a little while, pondering the meaning of it all.

The terrible threesome have now all aged up to children and I feel like when i am on my deathbed as an old lady, i will consider this one of my biggest life achievements.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2542 on: June 06, 2019, 02:07:45 PM »
So my first gen was getting off to a great start. My founder maxed cooking, gourmet and gardening, grew orchids and now has death flowers, completed her two aspirations and is level 9 im her career. Wonderful. Got her married and heir on the way, looking forward to getting the extra museum items with the heir....and she has triplets. Completely game dictated. Never have i had triplets born in game without fertility boosts and so forth. I literally sat staring at the laptop screen for a few minutes, saved the game and went to bed where i stared at the ceiling for a little while, pondering the meaning of it all.

The terrible threesome have now all aged up to children and I feel like when i am on my deathbed as an old lady, i will consider this one of my biggest life achievements.

Welcome and congratulations on starting your Dynasty. I can understand the triplets. Sometimes you want to just bang your head. Your are off to a great start.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2543 on: June 07, 2019, 06:00:04 PM »
Does the Charity Benefit Party count? It is a goaled event, but I don't see it in the list.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2544 on: June 07, 2019, 06:57:12 PM »
Does the Charity Benefit Party count? It is a goaled event, but I don't see it in the list.

Yes it counts,  i will be out of touch for a few hours. Due to being at the Trace Adkins concert. But yes it does count.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2545 on: June 07, 2019, 07:03:58 PM »
Thanks, Shannon. Have fun at the concert!

Offline ramblinghaggis

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2546 on: June 09, 2019, 01:48:44 AM »
Well, I have to restart my attempt at this dynasty challenge, for two stupid reasons. First i thought my founder spouse was glitched, paolo rocco, as he just refused to die of old age, my founder literally ate 2 ambrosia to keep her alive as an elder and he was still gling, so I killed him in the sauna. Then remembered you arent allowed to 'help' any sim die. Doh.

Secondly, my child heir was a grade A student and I was close to completing her aspiration so I gave her a vacation day from school. Then remembered the heir HAS to go to school no matter what but could find no way to send her.

I have just finished reading all 102 pages and wrote down anything that i would usually do but cant in the dynasty to prevent making any more stupid mistakes!

Game on, im currently 38 weeks pregnant in RL and need the distraction of this challenge to stop myself going insane!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2547 on: June 09, 2019, 07:56:58 AM »
Well, I have to restart my attempt at this dynasty challenge, for two stupid reasons. First i thought my founder spouse was glitched, paolo rocco, as he just refused to die of old age, my founder literally ate 2 ambrosia to keep her alive as an elder and he was still gling, so I killed him in the sauna. Then remembered you arent allowed to 'help' any sim die. Doh.

Secondly, my child heir was a grade A student and I was close to completing her aspiration so I gave her a vacation day from school. Then remembered the heir HAS to go to school no matter what but could find no way to send her.

I have just finished reading all 102 pages and wrote down anything that i would usually do but cant in the dynasty to prevent making any more stupid mistakes!

Game on, im currently 38 weeks pregnant in RL and need the distraction of this challenge to stop myself going insane!

Welcome to the forum @ramblinghaggis, Congratulations on the rl booboo.

Did Paolo complete the body builder aspiration? If so is why he had not died. In the beginning of the rules it states that No household member can complete that aspiration. You can do it up until that last tier but do not complete it.

I am so sorry that happened. Good luck on your second attempt. Please, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Shannon

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2548 on: June 09, 2019, 08:21:44 AM »
Any active Sim will live longer than other Sims, even if they don’t complete Bodybuilder. Their age bars can bubble for weeks before they die. It doesn’t matter much in the beginning, but can kill your dynasty later on, so be careful about moving in Sims with the active trait in later generations.

Offline ramblinghaggis

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2549 on: June 09, 2019, 08:45:36 AM »
Paolo didnt complete the aspiration, not even level one but he had the active trait and honestly he drove me a bit insane refusing to die, whilst my poor founder sim had worked so hard to make ambrosia! They were daft mistakes from habit more than anything, anyways new attempt is under way!