Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708279 times)

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2550 on: June 09, 2019, 12:02:23 PM »
I just wanted to clarify something: if an heir maxes their career before becoming an elder, can they quit and still qualify for Ambrosia? They still reached level 10 and all.

Also, the Freelancer Career: is it banned for immortals all-together for some reason, or is it just a career that doesn't qualify for Ambrosia purposes?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2551 on: June 09, 2019, 12:14:00 PM »
I just wanted to clarify something: if an heir maxes their career before becoming an elder, can they quit and still qualify for Ambrosia? They still reached level 10 and all.

Also, the Freelancer Career: is it banned for immortals all-together for some reason, or is it just a career that doesn't qualify for Ambrosia purposes?

After they max the career, I see no problem with them retiring. The freelance career has no levels etc so it has no Ambrosia purpose. After retirement would be fine or for spouse.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2552 on: June 10, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »
Sometimes at the different festivals, (was just at Romance Festival), they have a thing where if you do what they want you can get a  gold rating.  Starts at copper, silver then gold.  Can this count toward one of the gold medal "Parties" as dates can count.  My Sim painted an excellent quality, large painting to achieve this.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2553 on: June 10, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »
Sometimes at the different festivals, (was just at Romance Festival), they have a thing where if you do what they want you can get a  gold rating.  Starts at copper, silver then gold.  Can this count toward one of the gold medal "Parties" as dates can count.  My Sim painted an excellent quality, large painting to achieve this.

No, these aren't "planned" social events. Your sim has to call up to "plan" a medal rated event. Not a festival event

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2554 on: June 11, 2019, 12:53:59 AM »
Thank you, Shannon.  My next silly question is, if you have a helper who buys Frugal reward, when the helper dies does the reward go away?  I've never really watched and just usually get frugal for everyone to cut down on costs but it's pointless if it just disappears when they die.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2555 on: June 11, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »
Thank you, Shannon.  My next silly question is, if you have a helper who buys Frugal reward, when the helper dies does the reward go away?  I've never really watched and just usually get frugal for everyone to cut down on costs but it's pointless if it just disappears when they die.

Sorry to be so late Joria, I had my eyes dilated this morning. :) Just starting to be able to see. Plus I am testing out contacts.

So as far as the Frugal Award goes, I want to say you lose it, but I am waiting on confirmation from someone. So I will let you know as soon as I have it.

Shannon

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2556 on: June 11, 2019, 03:22:38 PM »
Braver than I am Shannon!  I need to have laser surgery done on my eyes but can't quite face it.  Contacts!  What a blessing!  Waiting to here back on Frugal but I think you are probably right.  After all it makes sense if the person is dead and we know ghosts don't carry all the stuff they had when alive.  So best to reserve it for immortals in that case.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2557 on: June 11, 2019, 08:13:54 PM »
Braver than I am Shannon!  I need to have laser surgery done on my eyes but can't quite face it.  Contacts!  What a blessing!  Waiting to here back on Frugal but I think you are probably right.  After all, it makes sense if the person is dead and we know ghosts don't carry all the stuff they had when alive.  So best to reserve it for immortals in that case.

@Joria best to give it to an Heir or the founder. Because you will lose it when they die.

Offline SpiritPink

• Llama Wrangler
  • I don't suffer from Insanity. I enjoy every moment
« Reply #2558 on: June 19, 2019, 07:31:19 PM »
Don't know if this has been brought up or not.

Can the founder or any of the immortals be mermaids?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2559 on: June 19, 2019, 07:37:12 PM »
Don't know if this has been brought up or not.

Can the founder or any of the immortals be mermaids?

We can't say on this until the pack is out and we have had time to play it and see what effects the lifestate has on lifespans and so on. Please give us at least a week to get all the details worked out with the New EP.

Thanks
Shannon

Offline SpiritPink

• Llama Wrangler
  • I don't suffer from Insanity. I enjoy every moment
« Reply #2560 on: June 19, 2019, 08:35:25 PM »
We can't say on this until the pack is out and we have had time to play it and see what effects the lifestate has on lifespans and so on. Please give us at least a week to get all the details worked out with the New EP.

Thanks
Shannon

Thank you. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2561 on: June 20, 2019, 04:20:55 PM »
Can we use the new careers in our dynasties?  So looking forward to these!  Kind of sorry my founder is in culinary and not one of the new careers.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2562 on: June 20, 2019, 05:21:17 PM »
Can we use the new careers in our dynasties?  So looking forward to these!  Kind of sorry my founder is in culinary and not one of the new careers.

I don't have the new EP yet, as for the Part-time jobs, I will get with the rest of the team and see what the vote is.

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2563 on: June 20, 2019, 05:50:37 PM »
Part-Jobs:

Part-time Jobs DO NOT qualify for Maxed Career qualifications. They are fine for an heir AFTER completing the Qualifying Career Requirements. Spares/Spouses are fine.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2564 on: June 21, 2019, 09:01:51 PM »
Updates: Qualified Museum Collections:
Seashells and Buried Treasure have been added. You can get from scuba diving and combing the beach

anything