Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708413 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2730 on: August 22, 2020, 07:23:13 AM »
I'm not sure if I've done something I shouldn't have or if this is a sims 4 thing but my founder was one day younger than her husband, they just had a baby and now she is 5 days younger, that makes no sense to me.

If they don't age at all while pregnant and not just no aging up, which it could be that, wouldn't that put her at 4 days younger? I thought pregnancy was 3 days.

Only other thing I did was use the dresser they got as a gold party reward but I didn't think there were any age bugs with cas like there is for sims 3.

Is this all totally normal and I'm fine or have I somehow used life extension without knowing it?

I'm so out of the loop with this game that I'm not sure what does actually extend life beyond the reward and ambrosia.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2731 on: August 22, 2020, 08:10:22 AM »
Pregnancy does extend the life of the mother. I've never really noticed whether it's 3 days added or 4. If you don't do the pregnancy test, then pregnancy lasts 4 days. And although your Sim was 1 day younger than her husband, she might have been 1 day and 12 hours, something like that.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2732 on: August 22, 2020, 08:35:07 AM »
Pregnancy does not extent but it does pause aging. A sim can't age while pregnant, it was this way in Sims 3 and again I. 4.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2733 on: August 22, 2020, 09:38:17 AM »
Okay that's a relief then, for a second I thought I had messed up.

I thought in 3 it only stopped your birthday but otherwise days ticked over, but then my memory might be faulty as I took a six year simming break.

Still not certain I will get past this first gen with this attempt but glad to know I haven't failed just yet.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2734 on: August 25, 2020, 05:01:21 AM »
Well I was right about failing as I ran out of time, only a few days left on her bar and one promotion plus one good friend to get, her bff suddenly dies which tanks her job performance then her husband dies prolonging the sad mood and I realised I was never going to get there in time, so I pleaded with grim for him, they can go live a happy ever after in my abandoned saves folder.

This time I'm trying not to dither about so much in the beginning as I feel that was my main downfall, I wasted too much time she doesn't really have.

Which leads me to a question, completed aspirations have to be unique but can other sims do any of the early milestones as long as they don't complete it? I'm trying to get more points for the career boosting rewards before she starts her job.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2735 on: August 25, 2020, 07:17:09 AM »
Well I was right about failing as I ran out of time, only a few days left on her bar and one promotion plus one good friend to get, her bff suddenly dies which tanks her job performance then her husband dies prolonging the sad mood and I realised I was never going to get there in time, so I pleaded with grim for him, they can go live a happy ever after in my abandoned saves folder.

This time I'm trying not to dither about so much in the beginning as I feel that was my main downfall, I wasted too much time she doesn't really have.

Which leads me to a question, completed aspirations have to be unique but can other sims do any of the early milestones as long as they don't complete it? I'm trying to get more points for the career boosting rewards before she starts her job.

Yes, other Sims can work on, but not complete aspirations. Your later Sims will have an easier time with their jobs because they'll start at level 3 if they got an A in high school. And if you have the Parenthood pack, they can pick up the responsibility trait, which helps, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2736 on: August 25, 2020, 07:46:48 AM »
Thanks Marian, that will help a lot, I just have base game plus the toddler pack I got in the recent sale.

You know I never knew that about the high school A, still learning a lot about this game.

I have taken time to plan all 8 generations this time though, hopefully it works out as I haven't even tried most of the careers yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2737 on: August 29, 2020, 08:12:44 PM »
I'm a little unclear on something that came up on a thread for a different type of dynasty's story:

oshizu is correct. In official dynasty's and challenges that are for HOF or tournaments, they have to be found, not completing the goal in the manner you have shown. That would just be way to easy. :)

I couldn't find any place where this is act written for the dynasty rules with a search, only for the tournament general rules, and this statement on the tournament rules implies that the tournament rules don't automatically apply to dynasties unless otherwise noted:

General Challenge Rules

Players are responsible for knowing and following the General Challenge Rules. The rules below apply to all 2020 Tournament events (Dynasty challenges are not Tournament events). Any exceptions will be noted in individual rulesets.

It puts me in a bit of a bind, since I know I know of the trick for the collector aspiration, but can't recall if I used the trick with some non-heir sims over a year ago or not, and don't know what the situation there is.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2738 on: August 29, 2020, 09:40:46 PM »
I'm a little unclear on something that came up on a thread for a different type of dynasty's story:

oshizu is correct. In official dynasty's and challenges that are for HOF or tournaments, they have to be found, not completing the goal in the manner you have shown. That would just be way to easy. :)

I couldn't find any place where this is act written for the dynasty rules with a search, only for the tournament general rules, and this statement on the tournament rules implies that the tournament rules don't automatically apply to dynasties unless otherwise noted:

General Challenge Rules

Players are responsible for knowing and following the General Challenge Rules. The rules below apply to all 2020 Tournament events (Dynasty challenges are not Tournament events). Any exceptions will be noted in individual rulesets.

It puts me in a bit of a bind, since I know I know of the trick for the collector aspiration, but can't recall if I used the trick with some non-heir sims over a year ago or not, and don't know what the situation there is.

Deme, Don't stress, give me a bit to clarify. I will either answer you back here or in a DM. :)

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2739 on: September 22, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »
Updated For Eco Lifestyle/Knifty Knitting/StarWars

New Additions: 09/21/2020

Lot Traits:

Eco Lot
Geo-Thermal
Natural Well

Career:

Civil Designer:

Civic Planner
Green Technician

Aspirations:

Master Maker
Eco Innovator

Skills:

Fabrication

Collections:

Fabricated Items
Fizzy Drinks
Knitted Items
Batuu Records
Lightsaber Parts

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #2740 on: September 25, 2020, 09:37:54 PM »
I've run into a bit of a problem with my founder. I'm trying to complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration, but none of my plants ever seem to need to be evolved. What should I do here?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2741 on: November 10, 2020, 11:29:38 AM »
I wanted to ask about the re-traiting potion: Is it limited to only sims from outside the house or not? I feel like it might be, but I can't find it anywhere, and I'd really like to switch out my 3rd gen's "Clumsy" to "Proper," because it captures a bigger part of her character, but didn't exist when she aged up into YA.
Stories In Progress:

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2742 on: November 10, 2020, 12:28:34 PM »
I wanted to ask about the re-traiting potion: Is it limited to only sims from outside the house or not? I feel like it might be, but I can't find it anywhere, and I'd really like to switch out my 3rd gen's "Clumsy" to "Proper," because it captures a bigger part of her character, but didn't exist when she aged up into YA.

The re-traiting potion is limited to the non-immortals.

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2743 on: November 10, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
With the release of Snowy Escapes this Friday, please allow us time to fully review and test the pack for changes and updates to the challenge rules.

Thank you

The Challenge Team

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2744 on: November 10, 2020, 01:33:29 PM »

The re-traiting potion is limited to the non-immortals.

Shannon

Quite sad, but understandable, thanks for the quick reply. I think that restoring from a pre-YA save or back-up would probably be read as a circumvention of the rules, even if mechanical gain is not the intention, so I think I will just have to feel the frustration of it all or forgo HoF, whatever ultimately feels more important to me. I'm in a weird place with the whole thing anyway.
Stories In Progress:

anything