Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708290 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #885 on: April 06, 2015, 04:14:04 AM »
@Zyffyr, agreed.. that is the most sensible option.  :)
By the way, you can always choose to send the alien nooboo back to it's home world. So should an alien abduction/pregnancy happen it doesn't need to take up any valuable dynasty house positions.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #886 on: April 06, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »
So basically, the same ruling as in the original Immortal Dynasty about alien abducitons - If your heir gets alien pregnant, he must send the child back to the homeworld and you cannot keep it. Fair enough.

Joria, I am so sorry you are failing this challenge over and over again. I would suggest easier challenges, like The Time Lord Challenge, but I know you have the stubborn determination of a Chikorita in winning this challenge so all I can do is support you and pray for you to win one day. My suggestion - if you moved in Don, you should have just moved in the entire Caliente household instead of the Landgraabs - they consist of Don and three unmarried women. If you had a male founder, he could have wooed one of the Calientes and saved you troubles, or the Caliente sisters could have been assigned to fishing and gardening.  ;D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #887 on: April 06, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
Well, considering that the rule is
an abduction pregnancy can't be the heir (except for the final Heir of course).

I see the likely ruling as "The alien baby isn't the heir, hope you have room in the house left for the actual heir", with a slim chance of "Sorry, you failed due to circumstances beyond your control".

Abduction pregnancy can't be the final heir either.  If memory serves me right, abduction pregnancy only occurs in male sim.  Your 7th generation heir will be female, even if she gets abducted she won't get impregnated by aliens.  She could find an alien in town and have a child with him, your final heir will be alien/human, but through natural pregnancy and birth, which will be fine by the dynasty rule.

If you don't have enough room in the house left for an actual heir, you just have to wait for one of your household member to die of old age - free up a spot so your 7th generation female sim can get pregnant.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #888 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:55 AM »
Amended:

The firstborn child through natural pregnancy of any generation is the targeted Immortal. In the event a pregnancy results in twins or triplets, then the first named child is the next Immortal.

Alien abduction born children are not ban, you can keep as household members or send back to home world, it is your choice. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #889 on: April 06, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
So basically, the same ruling as in the original Immortal Dynasty about alien abducitons - If your heir gets alien pregnant, he must send the child back to the homeworld and you cannot keep it. Fair enough.

Joria, I am so sorry you are failing this challenge over and over again. I would suggest easier challenges, like The Time Lord Challenge, but I know you have the stubborn determination of a Chikorita in winning this challenge so all I can do is support you and pray for you to win one day. My suggestion - if you moved in Don, you should have just moved in the entire Caliente household instead of the Landgraabs - they consist of Don and three unmarried women. If you had a male founder, he could have wooed one of the Calientes and saved you troubles, or the Caliente sisters could have been assigned to fishing and gardening.  ;D

Thank you for your support, Etnafan66.  One go round I did move in the Caliente girls but they were SUCH a nuisance with their anger issues and always being in a bad mood I just couldn't handle it anymore.  Plus, they didn't have the wealth or furnishings the Landgraabs have.  It's a toss up over who I meet first, Landgraab or Goth, I just want their money.  lol

This time I'm perfectly ok with it if it fails.  I have two files going, in one I was going to use retail as my career but that can't happen so no store for me.  That file I'll once again either go for culinary or will go for another try at Scientist but differently.  The one I'm currently playing my scientist actually goes to work and I manage her actions while everyone else is either at school or work and I've learned a lot.  With the Scientist being managed I can see where I would quickly complete several collections and finish up the Curator aspiration, not to mention the things you make are a lot of fun.  The Scientist world is a huge one containing a fishing spot, several plants, aliens, dig sites and more.  If it weren't for it being a dynasty I'd build on it and put a larger garden than the place has.

In the different file I'll send my founder off to be a rabbit hole scientist while I actively play Don and the Landgraabs.  I want to see which way the founder reaches max in her job fastest.  So far she is moving right along with me micromanaging her, but neither Don nor the Landgraabs are doing much.  There is little time after work, (she has the option to stay late), so she comes home with everyone being tired, dirty, hungry and in desperate need of the bathroom.  Very little skilling for anyone except on weekends so fewer opportunities to fill whims.  I'm using skill books to keep their fun level up and to work on skills at the same time but it's harder to keep the other household members social needs up.

I hope you and the others here had a happy and blessed Easter.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #890 on: April 07, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »
Since we can buy retail lots, can they also serve as cemeteries so I don't stress over ghosts eating ambrosia? It'd be like a haunted toy store or art gallery. And can we have more than one retail lot as long as we can afford to?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #891 on: April 07, 2015, 08:30:44 PM »
Checking with the team, will get back to you with the answer soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #892 on: April 07, 2015, 11:18:38 PM »
Added:

Substitute cemeteries: Willow Creek (Magnolia Blossom Park), Oasis Springs (Desert Bloom Park), and your own retail lot.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #893 on: April 07, 2015, 11:20:59 PM »
Since we can buy retail lots, can they also serve as cemeteries so I don't stress over ghosts eating ambrosia? It'd be like a haunted toy store or art gallery.

Just added retail lot cemetery to the rule, let me know if the wording is unclear. 

And can we have more than one retail lot as long as we can afford to?

Yes.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #894 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:24 AM »
@Nutella That's perfect, thank you  :D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #895 on: April 08, 2015, 04:10:42 PM »
Nutella, (and team), the Science lot is a huge world that is buildable.  Would it be allowed to add things to that world as long as you don't have to go into build/buy?  Like a painted at home picture or mood lamps?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #896 on: April 08, 2015, 04:51:37 PM »
You can hang paintings from your personal inventory, but you cannot add mood lamps.  Mood lamp requires you to go into buy mode.  Editing the lot by entering buy/build mode is not allowed, sorry.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #897 on: April 08, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »
You can hang paintings from your personal inventory, but you cannot add mood lamps.  Mood lamp requires you to go into buy mode.  Editing the lot by entering buy/build mode is not allowed, sorry.

But what if the lamps were brought from the home you built where you are allowed to go into build buy?  I always load my rooms down with aura lamps and just enable them as needed so thought I'd stick one in my backpack and bring it to work.  I suppose if you get one at work by using the ray gun would be ok too then?  That ray gun is awesome!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #898 on: April 08, 2015, 05:04:06 PM »
But what if the lamps were brought from the home you built where you are allowed to go into build buy?  I always load my rooms down with aura lamps and just enable them as needed so thought I'd stick one in my backpack and bring it to work.  I suppose if you get one at work by using the ray gun would be ok too then?  That ray gun is awesome!
Mood lamps can't be put in a Sim's inventory.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #899 on: April 08, 2015, 05:05:13 PM »
Mood lamps can't be drag into personal inventory.