Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697640 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1185 on: June 01, 2015, 03:22:21 PM »
I'll revive it one of these days, after I get bored of playing civilization.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1186 on: June 01, 2015, 03:41:55 PM »
I'm so glad to see these comments re: being bored with all the elderly sims. lol. I'm in the same boat, enough potions/fish for the rest of the dynasty... etc. I've always thought it might be fun to be allowed to feed the sims ambrosia the minute they complete all their requirements. Then it would sort of make it a race for the youngest possible immortal. Mind you, that's just because I like my male sims to be eternally unwrinkly.  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1187 on: June 01, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »
@geekischic: Lol, Don was your town mattress?!  lol

@Joria, someone else already mentioned this but you might enjoy the tournament challenges. As you know, I'm now playing my eighth dynasty attempt which failed because my Gen6 heir bought a previously-assigned reward trait, but I'm playing it to the end anyway for the learning experience.  Lol, when I start up, I just rename my Dynasty excel file (thank you, Lena) and make revisions based on my latest failure.  I really like the tournament challenges, which are all well designed and supervised. Each tournament challenge usually lasts no longer than one or two age stages: 20 days (YA phase) or 40 days  (YA and Adult phases), so my usual intensity and frustration don't last long.  A relaxing break from dynasty gameplay, especially since I'm not a good enough player to stress over a top-ranking score, hehe.  Joria, each tournament forces us to focus on a particular aspect of gameplay but I cannot resist completing the garden anyway. 

Oops, this post got too long. I just wanted to share that you're not the only one who is repeatedly starting over.  :)  Erm, misery loves company?  *shuffles feet

I've done the various tournament challenges for several years but then last year I decided I would no longer do them.  Why?  I'm extremely competitive and get myself so stressed out trying to make a good score, (don't necessarily have to be the top scorer), that I would make myself sick and myself and family miserable.  Decided it was no longer fun for me so stick to what makes me happy.  Metro does an excellent job with the challenges and it's fun to read what folks did once they are over but it's not my cup of tea any more. 

Current "town mattress",  ;D Don Lothario has 13 children from multiple births and is about to increase that with Summer Holiday.  So what you guys are saying is I might lose a lot of those kids due to culling?   :'(  Is there anyway to put those homeless single moms in houses without breaking any rules?

Big shout out THANK YOU to all you who have helped with pm's and advice here.  It seems I just might make it through to ambrosia with my founder.  A first for me!  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1188 on: June 01, 2015, 06:07:18 PM »
@Joria Unfortunately, yes, that's exactly what we're saying. That's what happened in my game. I think every non housed sim Don (also my town mattress, or at least, one of them) impregnated disappeared with their children in tow. Maybe they all found out about each other?  :P And there's no legal way to house them, I believe.

ETA: I also have difficulty finding the older sims things to do. I'm definitely using the immortal jail strategy for my sims; I dont think I could get through it otherwise. Even with that the last two weeks have been tedious; 8 sims in the house, gen 2 still a baby/child, founder finishing up the odds and ends of her requirements (whims, friends, museum pieces) and waiting to age up to elder. There wasn't enough to do to be interesting but there was still enough that I couldn't just speed 3 the entire thing.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1189 on: June 01, 2015, 06:32:43 PM »
@officialghosts: What is the immortal jail strategy?  I had images in my head of your using the jail cell components from the Detective career but....

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1190 on: June 01, 2015, 06:39:18 PM »
@oshizu  Once you're done with a sim, placing them in a small room with everything they need to keep their needs up autonomously and leaving them there until they die/the end of the dynasty or you need them for something. It was first used/invented by OrangeIguana for his sims 3 dynasty. If a sim can take care of themselves, it's like they're not even there!

Founder and all of her friends getting their elder makeovers; ambrosia eating is imminent. (Founder's had her requirements done for about a week and a half now.) I'm still working on perfecting the jail cell as only her spouse is currently using it; when I think i've got it right I might share my layout either here or on the tips and tricks thread.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1191 on: June 01, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »
So basically you're putting them in a room with no door, right?  Or can we use a locking door now?  Will they feed themselves ambrosia on time or do you have to micromanage that?

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1192 on: June 01, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »
@officialghosts: Would love to see what your jail cell ultimately looks like, so I'll keep an eye out for your post on my "Unread posts" list.
Besides helping with leveling, my elders carve camping mascot sculptures for the younger generations to sell, but they're always skipping out to make drinks or dance, lol.  "A room of one's own" would certainly minimize all the carousing.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1193 on: June 01, 2015, 07:08:23 PM »
@Joria No locking doors yet, so no doors. They wont auto eat ambrosia (or they would- along with the non immortals), so immortals will be let out once a week to eat ambrosia.

@oshizu I'll probably stick some different items in depending on the sim- my painter gets an easel, my spouse is still writing in his cell, etc. If a sim has maxed the same skill that I want a younger sim to level I'll let them out to mentor. But yea, if I had a dollar for every time my sims went to make a drink...   ::)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1194 on: June 01, 2015, 07:12:25 PM »
Oh I hear you, I got so mad at my sim going to make drink constantly I keep deleting my bar, then rebuy it when i need it.  It's crazy. 

The immortal jail strategy is amazing, if you are not obsess over controlling your sim (like me).

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1195 on: June 01, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »
I'm using the immortal jail because I obsess over my sims; I'm hoping if can keep them safe and happy, I won't feel compelled to check on them (as much).

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1196 on: June 01, 2015, 07:36:34 PM »
Oh I hear you, I got so mad at my sim going to make drink constantly I keep deleting my bar, then rebuy it when i need it.  It's crazy. 

The immortal jail strategy is amazing, if you are not obsess over controlling your sim (like me).

I feel your pain!  Just put the audio and bar in your group inventory.  Then you don't have to rebuy it, just move it back.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1197 on: June 01, 2015, 11:23:41 PM »
The problem is with using the jail system in TS4 is that every time you leave the lot and come back all the sims are actually brand newly recreated data. Sooo, they will all be outside the house at the front. I know, I've been using a little jail cell for my elders for a while. It's a right pain having to keep putting them back in it.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1198 on: June 02, 2015, 01:12:31 AM »
The problem is with using the jail system in TS4 is that every time you leave the lot and come back all the sims are actually brand newly recreated data. Sooo, they will all be outside the house at the front. I know, I've been using a little jail cell for my elders for a while. It's a right pain having to keep putting them back in it.

rofl, too funny.  Guess the elder garden is a better bet.

Today's play was like herding cats.  I definitely wound up with a Tense Moodlet. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1199 on: June 02, 2015, 02:11:59 PM »
I have a question that will impact if I need to restart or not. My founder did 95% work on the garden, some other sims helped her water, weed a bit, etc. Can she use these for the museum? If she can't, not sure what else she'll put in. >.<

anything