Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697935 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2430 on: July 02, 2018, 01:35:24 PM »
@Deme: we never explicitly banned it and I see no reason to change that. It is an aspiration with four levels and work that must be done like any other. It's just also really silly.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2431 on: July 03, 2018, 05:47:43 PM »
Excellent! Glad to make sure.

I'm starting to wonder, though... Is there some particular thing delaying the Immortal Dynasty rule updates for Seasons, or an ETA, since the other two dynasties have their rule updates?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2432 on: July 03, 2018, 09:51:04 PM »
I’m not sure, but I wonder if it has something to do with Ambrosia ingredients...correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t it just become a lot harder to get a death flower?  I haven’t played too much yet with seasons, but I know you no longer get the spliced plant you want every time.  So unless they are hiding death flowers in a seed packet, it will be a luck of the draw type of thing.  Well, either way, it’s a luck of the draw...lol.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2433 on: July 03, 2018, 10:11:37 PM »
We are in the process of finalizing update for the Immortal Dynasty. Thank you all for your patience.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2434 on: July 03, 2018, 10:39:24 PM »
Thank you very much for letting us know.

I’m not sure, but I wonder if it has something to do with Ambrosia ingredients...correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t it just become a lot harder to get a death flower?  I haven’t played too much yet with seasons, but I know you no longer get the spliced plant you want every time.  So unless they are hiding death flowers in a seed packet, it will be a luck of the draw type of thing.  Well, either way, it’s a luck of the draw...lol.

Ooh, that's a point; that's going to be tricky; there are probably some ways to manipulate that luck (I think seed packets can do death flowers?), but it's going to be dicey going.
Stories In Progress:

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2435 on: July 05, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »
New rules regarding Seasons Update:

Length of seasons is player's choice.
No more than 1 holiday per week, 8 scheduled holidays per year, pop-ups allowed.
Extreme weather is player's choice, but rain and snow must be allowed, and the effects on Sims must be allowed.

Easter Eggs are no longer "April Only"

New Career:
Gardener: Botanist
Gardener: Floral Designer

Adult Skill:
Flower Arranging 10 levels

New Friends:
Patchy the Scarecrow
FatherWinter
FlowerBunny

As always the Death Flower has to be grown on the lot for Ambrosia.

Museum Items:

Honey Jars
Child Crafts

Scouting: If your child/teen completes the Career/Afterschool activity, you can add 1 item to the museum. For a total of 12 items.

Re-Traiting Potions: Retraiting potions used on Sims that come into the household ONLY.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2436 on: July 05, 2018, 10:00:39 AM »
Thanks for the update! Just for the sake of maximum clarity -- my brain wouldn't be able to let me have a moment's peace if I didn't ask, thanks for your time in advance -- is this the all clear to resume play (and anything that contradicts with later updates will just have to be worked out), or is this more of a status update?
Stories In Progress:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2437 on: July 05, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »
Thanks for the update! Just for the sake of maximum clarity -- my brain wouldn't be able to let me have a moment's peace if I didn't ask, thanks for your time in advance -- is this the all clear to resume play (and anything that contradicts with later updates will just have to be worked out), or is this more of a status update?

Hey Deme,

You can go ahead and resume` if you like. Everything will be set today if possible. We are wanting you guys back making Immortals as soon as possible. :)

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2438 on: July 08, 2018, 01:46:02 AM »
Yay, we can have Immortal Snowball fights now!
Just a couple of questions regarding the holidays.
In the rules it states there can be only one holiday per week. Does this mean we have to delete either Winterfest or New Year's Eve (default holidays by EA)? Or can we leave those be since they are not created by us as players? And what about when a random holiday pops up on the calendar and we don't notice it in time?
Thanks so much guys!
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2439 on: July 08, 2018, 08:11:33 AM »
You took the question right out of my mouth, @MissWulfy!  I moved Winterfest to a different week (I’m using 14 day seasons), but only 3 days into the dynasty my calendar added an event that wasn’t there.

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #2440 on: July 08, 2018, 08:43:52 AM »
Are sheltered plants permitted?  The only difference is that sheltered plants can grow out of season.  I don't know if trees will work; I've never tried that.  I built one of my families a rather nice greenhouse for their garden and bees.  Much better than leaving them exposed to weather.  :)  Also looking forward to the seasonal friends!  One other thing:  can we move Maxis lots from other 'hoods to Newcrest?  There are only a few in the library by default, and filling up the empty neighborhood takes a lot of lots.  :P
Back in a minute-just need to refill my cup.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2441 on: July 08, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »
Yay, we can have Immortal Snowball fights now!
Just a couple of questions regarding the holidays.
In the rules it states there can be only one holiday per week. Does this mean we have to delete either Winterfest or New Year's Eve (default holidays by EA)? Or can we leave those be since they are not created by us as players? And what about when a random holiday pops up on the calendar and we don't notice it in time?
Thanks so much guys!

It might be easier to be do 14 day seasons or you could move them.

You took the question right out of my mouth, @MissWulfy!  I moved Winterfest to a different week (I’m using 14 day seasons), but only 3 days into the dynasty my calendar added an event that wasn’t there.

Events are different from holidays. You can delete them if uou dont want to do them.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2442 on: July 08, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »
Are sheltered plants permitted?  The only difference is that sheltered plants can grow out of season.  I don't know if trees will work; I've never tried that.  I built one of my families a rather nice greenhouse for their garden and bees.  Much better than leaving them exposed to weather.  :)  Also looking forward to the seasonal friends!  One other thing:  can we move Maxis lots from other 'hoods to Newcrest?  There are only a few in the library by default, and filling up the empty neighborhood takes a lot of lots.  :P

Yes you build a greenhouse.

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #2443 on: July 08, 2018, 09:12:01 AM »
Lovely.  :)  As far as holidays, I think I'll keep Winterfest and delete New Year's.  I always liked Christmas more, anyway.  I like 7 day seasons for an aging on file.
Back in a minute-just need to refill my cup.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2444 on: July 08, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »
Any rulings about the Romantic Garden and Jungle Adventure packs? I just bought both of those and I am enjoying the Jungle Adventure pack a lot. Also, concerning Seasons, can you start in any season? I have started in Summer. Thanks In Advance. :)