Author Topic: Zodiac Signs  (Read 25030 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: Zodiac Signs
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:36 PM »
Yeah, I have no doubt that a Sim's astrological sign has some meaning and works in the background to make things harder/easier when socializing. My beef is just the complete absence of any information in CAS. Unless you do some outside research as to the "supposed" compatibilities and strengths of various signs — and who wants to do that — you might as well just pull a name out of a hat.

I'd probably have to brush up but I do remember a lot of traits of various signs.  I made a Sim with a plan in mind and gave her a compatible sign to the Sim I wanted her to have a relationship with.  They hit it off right away. I know it's not a tried and true method but it might make interesting research. All you would have to do is Google something like compatible zodiac signs or zodiac sign traits. All you would need is some basic info.

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 02:59:35 PM »
The zodiac compatibility didn't change between sims 1 and 2 so I was just assuming it would be the same with sims 3 but I haven't fully tested the theory myself yet. In that case for example Sagittarius would be attracted to Pisces/Capricorn and dislike Libra/Scorpio. In the earlier games it made more sense though since the signs were pretty much just names for different types of personalities.

I was surprised to see it back in sims 3 where other factors determine personality but I'm happy for anything that would give more random personal chemistry between sims even if it involves astrology.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Micro-ondes

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »
Hello everyone, long time lurker here just looking to shed what light I can on this situation.

The Prima Guide for Late Night suggests that your sims' astrological signs do not play a huge part, apparantly each sign has four compatible other signs, and upon discovering another sim's sign that is compatible with your own you gain a small relationship bonus, and that is all. No changes to personality, etc, as that is what traits are for. All sign compatibility is positive, there are no negative effects.

Sign compatibilty is:

Arius: Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini, Aquarius
Taurus: Virgo, Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
Gemini: Libra, Aquarius, Aries, Leo
Cancer: Scorpio, Pisces, Tarus, Virgo
Leo: Aries, Sagittarius, Gemini, Libra
Virgo: Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer, Scorpio
Libra: Gemini, Aquarius, Leo, Sagittarius
Scorpio: Cancer, Pisces, Virgo, Capricorn
Sagittarius: Leo, Aries, Libra, Aquarius
Capricorn: Virgo, Taurus, Scorpio, Pisces
Aquarius: Libra, Gemini, Sagittarius, Aries
Pisces: Scorpio, Cancer, Capricorn, Taurus

Now I can't personally confirm the accuracy of this information, Prima somethings gets things wrong, but they get a lot of things right too, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is too.

It doesn't make much sense to me personally for the signs to have any personality change, so I'm glad if this is true, because that somewhat circumvents the trait system.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Micro-ondes!  Thank you so much for taking the time to type up that information for us.

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:54:09 PM »
I have not got my late night yet (3 hours to go) but installed the latest update/patch thingy and now have zodiac signs so guess it is not part of late night exclusively

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 11:28:38 PM »
Since the option to ask about sign is a romantic interaction, it makes me think it works toward romantic relationships.  My Sim and her vampire had compatible signs and they seem to get along faster.  In fact, he asked her to move in with him, which almost never happens to me.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
  • I am not addicted to Sims 3! *twitch*
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 11:12:02 AM »
Guys, since a lot of sims were automatically assigned a sign with the patch, is there a cheat to change it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
Talking about "cheats to change stuff from the expansion", I wonder if anyone knows of a cheat (or mod, but if so PM me) to access CAS with an already existing Sim, to use the muscle/breast sliders on Sims who I had already created?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 04:24:54 PM »
Naga the only way I know of that is Via a Mod that is very powerful, I have heard of it ruining peoples games since it can control a lot of aspects of the game so I would not suggest Using it, I wonder if they may have upgraded the Body Sculptors to allow for the 'Bigger Breasts and Muscle Definition' options, in that case it would be much safer to do. So before you resort to a Mod I think we should see if Working out or the Body Sculptor can affect these new additions.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »
Tried the Body Sculptor already. No luck. If I used the said mod just to change what I desire, and not do anything else, and delete it after, would my game still get "corrupted"?

Bryndis

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
Micro-ondes: Interestingly enough... from what I know about astrology, they didn't pick who's compatible to who out of a hat. 

I'm kind of annoyed though--just to confirm--you can't choose your sim's sun sign in CAS?  I remember you could do that in the sims 2... I think.  For some reason, my memories of the sims 2 are oddly blurred at some times, and other times I forget I don't have a witch in my game anymore.  ;)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 09:42:03 PM »

I'm kind of annoyed though--just to confirm--you can't choose your sim's sun sign in CAS? 

You can choose their star sign in CAS. For my testing, I have a household of eight people, all with different signs.
There is now a third tab where you pick traits and wishes - one for star signs.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 10:41:06 PM »
Talking about "cheats to change stuff from the expansion", I wonder if anyone knows of a cheat (or mod, but if so PM me) to access CAS with an already existing Sim, to use the muscle/breast sliders on Sims who I had already created?

There may be an easier way to manage this but this is what I do.

When I have an Sim that already exists in a game and I want to really change things about them I take them into CAS using the change appearance option and then once there use the option of save to bin. Then go back into CAS choose them from the bin and make my changes. This does however make you go back to square one as far as skills, wishes, etc.  But it does let you change the original Sim if you are really attached to them..

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 10:48:09 PM »

Sign compatibilty is:

Arius: Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini, Aquarius
Taurus: Virgo, Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
Gemini: Libra, Aquarius, Aries, Leo
Cancer: Scorpio, Pisces, Tarus, Virgo
Leo: Aries, Sagittarius, Gemini, Libra
Virgo: Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer, Scorpio
Libra: Gemini, Aquarius, Leo, Sagittarius
Scorpio: Cancer, Pisces, Virgo, Capricorn
Sagittarius: Leo, Aries, Libra, Aquarius
Capricorn: Virgo, Taurus, Scorpio, Pisces
Aquarius: Libra, Gemini, Sagittarius, Aries
Pisces: Scorpio, Cancer, Capricorn, Taurus

Now I can't personally confirm the accuracy of this information, Prima somethings gets things wrong, but they get a lot of things right too, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is too.

I think they may have changed this between printing the guide and the release of the game.
I'm doing some testing and so far my Gemini girl has discovered that Leo, Sagittarius and Gemini are compatible signs and Taurus and Virgo are not.
I'll post all the data when I'm finished, but I have noticed a few things and I wonder if there is a star sign that sims are least compatible (in the original Sims, they had signs that they wee most compatible with and signs that they were least compatible with) For example, my Gemini girl has had no luck with Taurus (he keeps laughing when she proposes marriage) but in tests with Leo and Sagittarius, she got a positive response to proposal quite early.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Bryndis

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 11:39:50 PM »
You can choose their star sign in CAS. For my testing, I have a household of eight people, all with different signs.
There is now a third tab where you pick traits and wishes - one for star signs.

Norma

Ah, I see.  Still kind of annoying you can't change pre-existing sims.  They're likely to be arbitrarily stuck with whatever sun sun the game gives them...  I don't suppose testingcheats would edit that.  --I wonder if there's a lifetime reward for that, consider that WA came with a "Change of Taste" LTR.