Author Topic: How do I obtain 100% in Seashell Collecting?  (Read 8186 times)

Offline wawawewa1234

• Nooboo
How do I obtain 100% in Seashell Collecting?
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
Hello everyone!  I apologize but I don't know how to delete threads so I am re-posting because I posted this previously in the wrong section I think.

I have a question regarding some missing collection information details for the seashells category:

I've noticed that when collecting seashells, if you collect all the seashells listed in the Collection Helper, you'll only be at 73%, or about 9% per seashell.  I don't think this is a glitch however, as even with fresh re-install, new game and all, this still happens.  I have however noticed there are other things you can do to raise the collection % for seashells, so I'm thinking rather than a glitch, there is hidden collection data that for some bizarre reason the developers chose not to reveal to the player.

For example, collecting an "Extraordinarily Unusual Message in a Bottle"  that contains the message revealing Plumbob Island will raise the seashell collection % by 9.  Finding a "Rare Message in a Bottle" in an underwater cave while exploring will also raise the collection % by 9.  This means aside from these two things, there is one final hidden object to collect that will along with the seashells listed in the Collection Helper put you at 100% collection for seashells.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does anybody know what it might be?  I've read somewhere that it could be finding a map piece fragment while exploring an underwater cave, but is that even on the loot list for underwater cave exploration?  I've been looking for a few days now with no luck on map pieces in the underwater caves.  I have already tested if finding a map piece on the ocean floor or in a treasure chest raises the % of seashell collection, and it sadly does not.

Is it really possible to find a map piece fragment while choosing the "explore underwater cave" interaction?  What could this final hidden "seashell" be?!?  Haha thanks for your time in reading this, hope the information I've been able to collect so far helps another person who likes collecting stuff like me  ;D

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Re: How do I obtain 100% in Seashell Collecting?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 01:01:28 AM »
These are the 3 "Messages in the bottle" you should collect:

Message in a Bottle (Common) – Contains Riddles & Random Text.

♦ Message in a Bottle (Uncommon) – Contains Map Fragments that can be used to unlock an uncharted island.

♦ Message in a bottle (Extraordinarily Unusual) – This message in a bottle unlocks Plumbob Island – a hidden uncharted island – which contains a treasure chest with the “Evolution of the Plumbob” Painting. If found, this painting can be sold off for more than 12,000 simoleons.

Hope this helps and you will achieve 100%.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything