Author Topic: Midlife crisis and divorce  (Read 3121 times)

Offline ilafatutoo

• Llama Wrangler
Midlife crisis and divorce
« on: December 25, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »
I decided to finally age up my 2 sims I've been playing forever and both of them got the wish to divorce during their midlife crisis. I pulled down the wish for both of them and had one (Miles) initiate the break up. His husband (Mogli) immediately argued with him and instead of arguing back, Miles pulled a smooth recovery and it made them married again but the Mogli's wish to get a divorce didn't go away. So I had Mogli then break up with him to get rid of his wish and it turned into bad fighting....no smooth recovery on Mogli's part. I felt so bad for Miles as obviously I guess he didn't really want a divorce.

Anyone ever had this happen with the smooth recovery?...I have no idea how it made them married again. Though now after weeks of dating the townies which didn't go so well for either one of them, they want to get married again...go figure!

Offline Neurotic

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Midlife crisis and divorce
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 01:53:02 PM »
I'm not sure about why the smooth recovery did that but most of my sims having a midlife crisis roll the wish to break up.
I'm neurotic all right...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Midlife crisis and divorce
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »
Smooth recovery wipes out the 'bad' that happens and repairs the situation to it's former state. It can be a problem for someone with the 'heartbreaker' lifetime wish too. They split up, smooth recovery comes along and, hey presto, they are together again.
It's not always easy to manage, but if you can get them divorced and THEN use smooth recovery...