Author Topic: Sims Anonymous  (Read 111662 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Sims Anonymous
« Reply #390 on: March 13, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
Thank you for understanding. I wish I could borrow your son to fix my game too. He sounds like a godsend.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #391 on: March 13, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »
Aah Rosa now I wanna cry for you  :'( I've been having difficulties with my legacy game (I'm not doing a stories, just playing, because my writing is atrocious lol) and the fact that I can't play with Destiny and Cletus and their kids is truly tragic to me... I even started a new legacy but it's just not the same with out my Cross family!

Oh oops I missed a huge step here lol

Hi my name is Stephanie (Steph, Magpie or Mags) and I am regarded as a sims addict within my circle of friends and family...
I started off with The Sims quite by accident.  One day I saw The Sims Superstar in the shops and I thought it looked like fun, so I convinced my Dad (against his will lol) to buy it for me.  Imagine my surprise when I got home and tried to install it and it said I couldn't because there is no The Sims on my system  :-[ Yeah I felt like a complete moron... No problem: Dad please can you buy me The Sims? Why? Um, well, um, you know that game you didn't want to buy me but I nagged you into buying?!? (you can all see where this was going right lol) Well anyway I (eventually) convinced him to buy it for me and every single EP after that lol... Just before I bought Unleashed my mom was watching me play and complaining that she wanted the pc and how can I play such a boring game ( >:( ) and I eventually lost it and told her to shut up unless she plays the game herself and THEN thinks it's boring... She did and got just as hooked as I was... Which is why, when The Sims 2 came out, we both nagged dad to get all the EP's and SP's... And repeat the cycle for The Sims 3 (and probably The Sims 4 if it makes an appearance and my pc can handle it)

Yeah I'm totally not an addict... Just because my Cross Family are real people to me does not mean I'm addicted and anyone who thinks otherwise can just jump lol  :P

Thanks for listening to my ramblings (and now you know why I don't write stories lol)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #392 on: March 13, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »
Oh no Rosa, I'm so sorry for you. Do you remember at what patch your game last worked? Can you do a full reinstall with only the expansions and patch up to only the patch that worked for you? My game baby is my world I'm creating, and I'd be devasted if I lost that, or could not continue building it to completion and release.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #393 on: March 13, 2013, 08:59:49 PM »
Oh Rosa...I am sorry. :( I do hope that you can find a fix soon.

Hi, I'm Rachel/Rae/Raia...and I too am a hopeless Sims addict, though I'm very much a newbie in comparison to most. I only started playing in March of last year...but oh, what a year it has been!

I'm more hooked on Sims than I have been with any other video game. Perhaps it's the open-ended nature of it all. Maybe it's the rich cast of characters. It might be the depth of the game and the fact that there is so much to do that even in a year I still haven't even come close to doing it all. In all likelihood it's a combination of all three. I find myself getting attached to the characters and their lives. You feel so intimately involved when you play a family for a while, but for me it goes a step further.

I'm a character oriented person. I always try to think of what makes a person tick, and once I started actually playing the townies rather than my own created sims, I started creating backstories for everyone. Why has Gobias had so much trouble finding love? What was Geoffrey's past and how did he meet Nancy? Was Holly Alto even born in Sunset Valley? Those sort of things. My imagination runs wild.

Above all, I think that's what really keeps me playing--the game feeds my imagination. It allows me a creative outlet that gives my right brain a chance to play while my left brain takes a breather from working all day. I credit the Sims with single-handedly breaking a four-year writing drought. I certainly never expected that when I first popped the game into my DVD drive!

And yes...I very much feel for my characters emotionally. It breaks my heart whenever a favorite sim dies, especially seeing how their loved ones react to it. It killed me when Ethan passed away in my last game, but it was even worse seeing Holly weeping every other spare moment. I cried myself...and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

Am I obsessed? Most definitely. But like others have said, there are worse things to be obsessed with, and if this game can bring out my creative side and give me a release from the craziness that is my day job, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:07 AM »
Thanks for the sympathy everyone. This is really a great support group.

Oh no Rosa, I'm so sorry for you. Do you remember at what patch your game last worked? Can you do a full reinstall with only the expansions and patch up to only the patch that worked for you? My game baby is my world I'm creating, and I'd be devasted if I lost that, or could not continue building it to completion and release.

My game last worked before a) we replaced Windows XP with Windows 7 and b) Patch 1.50. I don't want to go too off-topic so I will link you to my post on the Technical Help board instead.

By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2013, 01:02:39 AM »
Ok, I checked it out and posted there. I do hope something works!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #396 on: March 14, 2013, 04:27:45 AM »
Oh, Rosa... I do hope everything will be back to work soon.

Hi, I'm Eldridge. It's me again. But you can call me Eld just for short.

There was a time where I created a Sims family that I once play them without do any cheating and go throughly the moments about their life, capture their moments and making a story about them. I'm attached. I really enjoyed the moment that I have spend with my sims. Like when he is found his true love, I feel so happy for him, when the next generation is born I also excited about that. It's like they already become important thing in my life. Before I focus attention to The Sims that I played, I always hate nooboo and elders life stage. But, when I try to put my heart on it, it's really no big deal, they are so special on their own way and I actually love them more. It's also bring some effect into my real life. The family that my sims family is growing until they have their second children and Pets. And then something teribble coming into my game. The save file is become corrupted, everytime that I load something bad always happen and I am really hopeless, until I can't open it. I searched over the internet desperately for the fix it I can't do something about that. Until I have to give up for that family when I accidentally lost the backup, that family that I feel love into. It's make my heart broken. It's only last for two generations, I had a plan to create a legacy for them that time, but it's already lost.

And another problem that I had right now it's seems my mum notice me that what I do after school activity is only playing The Sims (after doing homework). She want me to socialize more outside and do something else. I know that but I can't really help it, because this is a world for me, but I can't live without my Sims. Everytime I don't play, I was wondering what happened to them. The Sims too also help me to unleash the creative side inside me, help me to have a better understanding about reality and several times help me  to cope my problem. I'm scared if someday she's taking away what I have right now.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #397 on: March 16, 2013, 02:28:04 PM »
Aww Rosa. Even though I already knew about the computer issues, seeing it all written out like that actually made me tear up. I hope you and me both can defeat this computer demon that's keeping us from our happiness.

Ok so I took my laptop back last weekend and so far I have been too busy to think about the fact that I can't play my sims game. Until yesterday when my University FINALLY came in the mail. I swear they are using the worst mail service now. I takes an extra week from release to send me a pre-order. It's nuts.

Anyway I just saw and just deflated into my sofa. I haven't even taken it out the brown package it was mailed to me in. I refuse to open it until my laptop stuff is handled. I have the 70's-90's stuff pack and I had it on that computer I took back but I'm not installing that one either until this laptop is fixed or I get a new one.

So not only am I down about my laptop not working, I am going through withdrawal and my cell phone playing doesn't even make it better.  :'(

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: March 16, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »
Oh no Platnum! I feel your pain :( There is little worse than having a brand new expansion that you are so excited about staring you in the face and you mean horrible computer won't let you play it.

By samoht04

Offline Darkeroid

• The Self-Proclaimed Insane!
  • Llama Wrangler
  • To Stupidity and Beyond!!
« Reply #399 on: March 21, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »
I have been playing since 2004. I was just a 4 year old back then and me and my 14 year old cousin found the first The Sims. We didn't know what to do but then another cousin who was also 14 year old taught us. In 2006 I bought The Sims 2 but I couldn't install it, so I kept on playing The Sims until 2009. Then the second 14 year old cousin bought me The Sims 3, and I have been playing since. I have played The Sims 2 after playing The Sims 3. I still have me old The Sims 2 discs :P

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #400 on: March 21, 2013, 09:36:26 PM »
Rosa and Platnum, I feel your pain. I hope you girls can get it fixed soon.

My name is Esther, and I'm a sims addict. I was surfing Amazon back in 2009 and saw the sims 3. I read the information about it and figured Hey! This sounds fun, and if I don't like it, oh well. Well, that combined with this forum got me addicted. I now own all EP's and SP's except Diesel. I'm very attached to the game, and my sims. My sims are my release as well. When I have a bad day, I open the game and make them have bad days too haha. When I'm having a good day, I open the game and let them have a wonderful life. They are my babies, and I love them.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #401 on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »
Hey, it's Artsygirl again. I just wanted to add something to my earlier post.. I wasn't very comfortable saying this before. Ever since about 2010 I have had issues with depression. Another reason I have an addiction to sims is because of this. It's kind of a therapy for me.

Offline Superbad55

• Llama Wrangler
  • I'm watching you!
« Reply #402 on: March 21, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »
Hello, everyone! My name is Superbad55 but you may call me Super and I am a Sims addict.

"Hi, Super"

I have been struggling with this addiction since I started the PC version of The Sims 3 in either late December or early January. I had the console version since... well a year ago!

"That is nice"

Thank you. I love the Sims 3. I really want SimCity but I don't think my computer will be able to run it. But I am fine with TS3.

"Ok that is really good. We are here to help you with your addiction. Next person please?"
Old member just now returning to the community.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #403 on: March 21, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
Hello, everyone! My name is Superbad55 but you may call me Super and I am a Sims addict.

"Hi, Super"

I have been struggling with this addiction since I started the PC version of The Sims 3 in either late December or early January. I had the console version since... well a year ago!

"That is nice"

Thank you. I love the Sims 3. I really want SimCity but I don't think my computer will be able to run it. But I am fine with TS3.

"Ok that is really good. We are here to help you with your addiction. Next person please?"

Help? *snerks*
All we do is make it worse. *smiles innocently*

Offline dru_rav13

• Nooboo
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2013, 04:28:04 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm dru_rav 13 and I'm a Sims Addict.

"SHEEMA SHEEMA WOO HOO !!! "

My cousins introduced me to The Sims 1 in 2002 and I was hooked since then. All I do was build houses and community lots, I even won a contest from another The Sims site (TSR), the prize 1 year paid subscription. I played with The Sims 1 until March 2006 with most of the expansions.

Got a new pc in April 2006 and I switched to The Sims 2 immediately and I was blown away. Building houses was so much better and Create A Sim was amazing. Got a new laptop in April 2009 so I can play all expansions. Open for Business was my favorite but I also got all expansions too. Played it until March 2012 then I stopped because my laptop died on me, all my saves where gone...

I saved up and managed to buy a better laptop in June 2012 and bought The Sims 3 right away. I've been missing a lot a The Sims 3 was way better than The Sims 2 when it comes to customizing everything (as in everything). Now all I talk about is The Sims 3 and as you can see I've been playing for almost 11 years now and I still cant get enough...

I'm dru_rav 13, I'm a Sims Addict and loving it  ;D ... (my wallet, not so much :-\)

anything