Author Topic: Baby Boomer 2015  (Read 49808 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Baby Boomer 2015
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:12:23 AM »
Baby Boomer 2015

Goal
How many kids can one couple have in just six weeks? It's one of the toughest challenges of the season: quickly fulfill the necessary requirements to age the kids up and get them moved out so mom can continue getting pregnant.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create two Young Adult Sims.
  • Mom and dad must live in the same household and no moving.
  • All children must be the result of natural pregnancy of mom (no adoption).
  • The only household additions allowed are offspring of mom and dad.
  • All adult Aspirations (including the ones of your starting two Sims) must be unique—if you have more than 22 children then you would be allowed to repeat.
  • If your mom dies, then continue with the dad until he turns Elder. If your dad dies before turning Elder, you are done with the challenge. Tally up your score at that point.
  • No life extension methods are allowed for dad.
  • This challenge ends when dad has his Elder birthday.

Aging Children Up Early and Moving Them Out:
  • A Baby may only be aged up early if both parents are Good Friends with the baby.
  • A Child may only be aged up early if they complete an Aspiration (does not need to be unique).
  • A Teen may only be aged up early if they max a skill (does not need to be unique, but cannot be a childhood skill).
  • Only Young Adults and Adults can be moved out and these Sims can only be moved out if they have completed a unique Aspiration.

Scoring

Scoring is based on how many Young Adult/Adult offspring have been moved out. Points are also awarded for any remaining household members when your father turns Elder.   

YA + Parents — For each Young Adult/Adult that has moved out as well as for both starting Sims (assuming they both completed unique Aspirations) award yourself 3 points.
YA / Teen — For each Young Adult or Teen that in the house at the end of the challenge award yourself 2 points. If a parent did not complete a unique Aspiration they would also be scored at 2 points.
Baby / Child — For each Baby or Child in the household at the end of the challenge award yourself 1 point.

Total — Add up the three different categories of Sims. I’ll walk you through an example.

Example: Your father has turned Elder, so it's time to stop playing your file. At this point you have moved out 15 Young Adults and all of them have completed unique Aspirations as well as your mom and dad. You also have 1 Young Adult still in the household, 1 Teen, 2 Children, and 1 Baby.

15 Young Adults moved out + mom and dad completing their unique Aspirations = 17 X 3 = 51.
1 YA in the household = 2.
1 Teen in the household = 2.
2 Children in the household = 2 (1 X 2).

Total = 51 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 57.

Here is a spreadsheet from LenaLJ to make scoring a little easier. Thank you, Lena. :)

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and Blackrosea) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            YA + Parents     YA / Teen     Baby / Child     Total     
LenaLJ572--59
christinal3106544--58
officialghosts484153
alyssa.cole456152
ClayMask51----51
GlazeyLady3910150
oshizu422246
MissZoef3310--43
mayayeti7242--143
callycat338--41
londonsim338--41
Kirstie306238
december222412--36
agamble278136
Ilessthan3TheSims332--35
KTK10278--35
Makenziegma276235
Nikitachi248234
Ginj276134
krzyman21248234
Starsha302133
WriterJunkie2110132
MarianT218130
Shewolf188329
kirkbysims242228
KayBear214227
IronicBeauty186226
sdhoey212225
rubywyld158225
fluffyj00156324
HelenP158124
CynKuy156223
rokrchik156122
thefaeriesgirl128121
Crimsons128121
Aratarya910120
ladybugnd910120
ManiSims96116
Dressagelover--14115
rrturley--10313
fivebyfive36312
Slarts36211
PSDuckie4--26
Deklitch--4--4

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Baby Boomer 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:25:08 AM »
Sounds good.  I do have a question.  When you say that all adult aspirations need to be unique, does this mean the first aspiration they select as an adult and can later change to a different one, or are they stuck on that aspiration and unable to ever switch?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 06:28:40 AM »
Sounds good.  I do have a couple of questions.

1.  When you say that all adult aspirations need to be unique, does this mean the first aspiration they select as an adult and can later change to a different one, or are they stuck on that aspiration and unable to ever switch?

It's completed Aspirations. So switching around is fine.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:41 AM »
Oops, looks like I edited my last post too late.  Thanks for the quick response.  You can switch around then, but you have to be careful to only complete the one aspiration?  And it doesn't matter which aspiration is the first one selected?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 06:34:03 AM »
Oops, looks like I edited my last post too late.  Thanks for the quick response.  You can switch around then, but you have to be careful to only complete the one aspiration?  And it doesn't matter which aspiration is the first one selected?

Correct.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »
NOTE:

There are a few aspirations out there with the premature completion bug.  The game will complete one of the requirement for you, even if you clearly hasn't reach the goal yet.  If this happens to you in your game, you can't count the aspiration as complete until you actually finish the requirement (keep track manually).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 12:23:28 PM »
Could you let us know which aspirations have this bug? If people have a household of 8 sims working on 8 different aspirations, counting each painting, each drink, each frog collected, etc., could be tedious.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 01:33:09 PM »
Sure, so far I found 3 that have bugs, there might be more I don't know.  Also others might not experience the same bug that I do.

1) Culinary / Master Chef -- Stage 4 requirement "Reach Level 8 of the Culinary Career".
If you exit your game and reenter, the game will automatically count this part as completed, even if your sim has not reach level 8.

2) Deviance / Public Enemy -- Stage 4 requirement "Reach Level 8 of the Criminal Career".
Same deal as the above, if you exit game and reenter, the game count this part as completed, even if your sim has not reach level 8.

3) Family / Successful Lineage -- Stage 4 requirement "Have a Child or Grandchild Reach the Top of a Career".
For whatever reason that I don't know, this requirement automatically completes itself, even if you do not have any child or grandchild that reach top of career yet.  Sometimes it register when child reach level 6, sometimes level 7, etc.  I do not know what triggers this to complete, but it does.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 02:38:00 PM »
Thanks, Nutella! I don't think I've had the Master Chef aspiration do that -- maybe because I completed it before the patch.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 10:21:20 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I just noticed something. You say "if one sim dies, then continue with the other sim," but what if the Dad dies before he reaches his elder birthday? Shouldn't the challenge end at that point? And if a YA child dies before the dad becomes an elder, do you count 2 points for him or her?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 10:26:43 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I just noticed something. You say "if one sim dies, then continue with the other sim," but what if the Dad dies before he reaches his elder birthday? Shouldn't the challenge end at that point? And if a YA child dies before the dad becomes an elder, do you count 2 points for him or her?

Good points, Marian. I will clarify.

EDIT:

• If your mom dies, then continue with the dad until he turns Elder. If your dad dies before turning Elder, you are done with the challenge. Tally up your score at that point.

As far as kids coming to an unfortunate end before the dad reaches Elder, I don't think it should matter, right? I mean your score is based on all household members when dad turns Elder. So, if something happens before that - I guess it's just tough luck. :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 10:48:12 AM »

As far as kids coming to an unfortunate end before the dad reaches Elder, I don't think it should matter, right? I mean your score is based on all household members when dad turns Elder. So, if something happens before that - I guess it's just tough luck. :(

Right -- why should you get credit for steering them through the shoals of childhood and adolescence if you're going to let them die before they can move out? ;D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »
lol MarianT.

Offline agamble

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 05:06:06 PM »
NOTE:

There are a few aspirations out there with the premature completion bug.  The game will complete one of the requirement for you, even if you clearly hasn't reach the goal yet.  If this happens to you in your game, you can't count the aspiration as complete until you actually finish the requirement (keep track manually).

What about the opposite problem? I am playing a family and it says something like achieve Level 5 of Tech Career, but he's currently level 8 and it did not count it. I'm going to see if it auto corrects when he achieves level 9. But I've had this happen several times before. How can we fix this problem during the challenge?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
What about the opposite problem? I am playing a family and it says something like achieve Level 5 of Tech Career, but he's currently level 8 and it did not count it. I'm going to see if it auto corrects when he achieves level 9. But I've had this happen several times before. How can we fix this problem during the challenge?
This problem does auto correct if you keep the goal when your Sim gets their next promotion.  The only one this isn't true for is Renaissance Sim, for jobs your Sim may have quit before the current step.  This might be intended though, it's hard to say.

anything