Author Topic: Fishing Collection - Piranha  (Read 4327 times)

Offline beewheels19

• Nooboo
Fishing Collection - Piranha
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:47:55 PM »
I was fishing for hours in the park in Willow Creek, and could not find the last fish I needed for the collection: the piranha. A forum online suggested the creek in the very back of the park in Oasis Springs, so I tried there. Immediately, I caught a Rainbow fish which I used as bait, and immediately caught the Piranha.

It might be worth adding that spot to the guide to save people time. Here is the link for the forum, too, in case you'd like to check it out. Thanks for the otherwise awesome guide!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/786471/piranha-help

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Fishing Collection - Piranha
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 05:53:59 AM »
That's also where I managed to catch one a while ago, when I was collecting all the fish.  I couldn't catch one in Willow Creek either.  The back of Oasis Springs Park in a great place for them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 07:57:28 AM »
@beewheels19 I'm sorry that my wording had you holding out for hope on that spot. I definitely caught one there, and didn't want to remove it from the list without first catching one myself in order to compare them. I think I'm going to put both now, because i just spent an awful lot of Sim time at the spot in Oasis Springs in order to finally catch one at level 10. I think a lot of it has to do with bait, because they don't seem to come up at all without it. I'd like to manage to categorize the fish into size classes so that people can know for certain what type to use.

It looks like I have access to fish sizes through xml, which could be a big help to future fishermen. While I don't want to mess with the table much, I think I will list the types in size classes under a bait category. This will help a lot, I'm sure, though we might still have some problems catching certain fish at high levels. I still see people saying that catfish, tilapia and others can be hard to catch at high level though I haven't got to test that lately.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 01:58:52 PM »
If the tilapia and catfish used to be bugged, it isn't anymore.  I have a sim who has been at level 10 fishing for awhile.  She has fished at the Sylvan Glades waterfall area a lot, and she has caught all kinds of tilapia, probably at least 30.  The same story with the catfish.  Her fishing by the home lot for angelfish results in several catfish daily. 

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 05:49:11 AM »
@christinal3106 Thanks, Crinrict had asked me if this was resolved recently on the EA bug reporting forum and I had yet to test it.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 01:45:15 PM »
It is no problem.  I wanted to tell you somehow since while playing my dynasty, I pretty much thought that tilapia would be impossible to catch, and my sim spent 2 days trying to catch a piranha instead.  Then, I focused pretty much all of her fishing time at the waterfall at Sylvan Glade to catch sturgeon for the museum, and she caught all kinds of tilapia. 

anything