Author Topic: Is there and reason to stay at work after the bar is full  (Read 22917 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Is there and reason to stay at work after the bar is full
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:15:34 PM »
I was wondering if the new careers work like other events. Say like when your sim goes on a date. Once the progress bar is full you can end the date is still get the gold medal. Is it the same with work? Once the progress bar is full is there any need to stay at work or will it hurt your progress and lower the bar if you leave after it's full?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Is there and reason to stay at work after the bar is full
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:34:49 PM »
I think it hurts your progress if you leave before your shift is up. At least, that's what you're warned of if you try to leave early.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »
I was wondering if the new careers work like other events. Say like when your sim goes on a date. Once the progress bar is full you can end the date is still get the gold medal. Is it the same with work? Once the progress bar is full is there any need to stay at work or will it hurt your progress and lower the bar if you leave after it's full?
Leaving early will hurt your work performance for sure, and you won't get the promotion.  What I've been doing lately taking the extra time at work to have my Sim socialize with coworkers, since your Sim's relationship with coworkers now affects how fast their performance bar moves.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:16:21 PM »
Ok, thanks for the replies. I knew it made a difference with the old careers but I wasn't sure with the new ones and I hadn't got around to testing it.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 08:03:14 PM »
When I responded before, I didn't realize you were specifically talking about the active careers.  I must have misread your original post.

It is harder to test leaving early with the new careers, since a full bar while at work doesn't necessarily mean a promotion  when you leave work.  It says that if you leave early it will hurt your performance, so I've taken it at its word.

Edit:  Another thing that's unclear to me is if the performance increase stops at the last bar for an active career, or keeps going until the progress is all the way at the top.  It may keep going past the last bar, in which case it's better to keep doing the tasks then to socialize, unless you can't do any more.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
When I stayed late with my scientist and completed every single daily task that there was he was promoted instantly at the end of the shift. I managed to clear every task until the game provided no new ones at all. Which is different to stopping when the bar is full but still daily tasks appearing in the 'to do' list (looks like party requirements).
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 12:28:25 AM »
When I stayed late with my scientist and completed every single daily task that there was he was promoted instantly at the end of the shift. I managed to clear ever task until the game provided no new ones at all. Which is different to stopping when the bar is full but still daily tasks appearing in the 'to do' list (looks like party requirements).
That happened to me too, but I thought it might be because it was my scientist's very first promotion.  Did this happen at a later level for your scientist?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 12:40:22 AM »
No... it was a bit later on that than. I didn't take notes as it's in my dynasty and I was focusing on other things! I think it was L7... but don't hold me to that, I have a bad memory when it comes to work related stuff in the game!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 07:16:16 AM »
When I stayed late with my scientist and completed every single daily task that there was he was promoted instantly at the end of the shift. I managed to clear ever task until the game provided no new ones at all. Which is different to stopping when the bar is full but still daily tasks appearing in the 'to do' list (looks like party requirements).

I think that answered another question I had. I was also wondering if doing more daily task after the bar was full helped or not. It sounds like it does.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »
My question is unrelated to staying at an active career after a filled bar, but concerns staying late at work.
I've read other posts where simmers have stayed late, but my sims have never received the option to work overtime.
When 7 pm comes around, my Scientist is immediately returned home.

Why doesn't the Scientist receive an option to stay late?  She's Level 8 now. (My level 8 scientist in another file also never got the option.)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »
My question is unrelated to staying at an active career after a filled bar, but concerns staying late at work.
I've read other posts where simmers have stayed late, but my sims have never received the option to work overtime.
When 7 pm comes around, my Scientist is immediately returned home.

Why doesn't the Scientist receive an option to stay late?  She's Level 8 now. (My level 8 scientist in another file also never got the option.)
Have you tried clicking on the button that you would click on to go home early?  From what I remember, this is the same button that you press to stay late.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 11:42:04 AM »
Claymask is right. Click on the clock timer beside the progress bar and there is an option to stay late. It will allow you to stay 1 hour late and can be done once per day.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 11:36:50 PM »
Claymask is right. Click on the clock timer beside the progress bar and there is an option to stay late. It will allow you to stay 1 hour late and can be done once per day.

Ooooh, I was expecting a popup like when you're asked whether to Join a sim at work or Send the sim to work alone.
Thanks so much for letting me know. I can't wait to try it!

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 09:29:31 PM »
Is it one hour of overtime? I thought it was two?
I find the active careers a bit confusing, as once you have gold on all the tasks, I don't notice the performance bar change at all, but I keep doing tasks anyway. Then I will get promoted at the end of the shift even though the performance bar hasn't reached full. I also read that other things increase performance, like having a good relationship with coworkers in the science career increases performance, or diagnosing patients in the doctor career. I also noticed that outside of work, my doctor gets a performance increase when using her computer and doing whatever that task is that is work related, something like add new findings to medical journal. The doctor also has the option of "give medical advice" to other sims, not sure if that increases work performance. I just kind of find it confusing as my scientists performance bar wasn't moving even when I kept doing tasks etc, this went on for a couole of days, then she finished all her tasks so she chatted to coworkers to improve relationships and she then got promoted.

Offline Miravlix

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 12:25:02 AM »
The bar doesn't move during work, it evaluate at the end of work and updates.

anything