Author Topic: Traits not available for children and teens  (Read 6013 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Traits not available for children and teens
« on: April 24, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »
I don't know whether it's always been this way, or whether it was changed with a patch, but there are now some traits that you can't give children and teens when you age them up.

Teens can't get:  ambitious
                         family-oriented
                         non-committal

In addition to the above, children can't get:  foodie
                                                                clumsy
                                                                hates children
                                                                romantic
                                                                snob
                                                                bro
                                                                childish
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Traits not available for children and teens
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 03:46:57 PM »
Most of these make sense to me, either because of what they do in game, what it would be like in real life, or both.  There are a few exceptions.  I've met children who are snobs and a child could be clumsy.  A teen could also be noncommital, but maybe they didn't want to allow it because they thought it would make them feel trapped at school, even though they have no choice about being enrolled.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »
Non-committal, in game, has the opposite effect of ambitious and family-oriented, and since a teen can't get married or have a job, I think that's why those 3 are there. For the child, most make sense, but I think foodie is out because they can't cook and clumsy because they can't use athletic equipment. And I suppose "hates children" would introduce a level of psychological distress that the sims don't usually have to handle.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 10:50:44 AM »
True, a kid who hates kids would have a lot of trauma in school. XD

Bro is probably banned for the same reason Clumsy is - if you can't exercise as a kid, why bother acting like you're a sports fan? :p
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 09:57:09 AM »
It has always been that way since launch. Children and teens have far fewer restrictions than they did in previous games though.

A lot of them are for sensible game play reasons. A teen with ambitious would essentially be subject to perpetual negative moodlets because they can't possible fulfill the needs of that trait, for example. Same thing with non-commital. Childish, as an in game trait, simply allows adults to gain fun from child activities. A child can already do that, so giving them the trait would be redundant. For what it's worth, of the traits listed in the OP, none of them are that useful except for role playing purposes. Romantic is not that great even for Sims with relevant aspirations, because there are better ways to get flirty at the right times. I realize that not everyone chooses traits for pure utilitarian reasons though.

anything