Author Topic: Doctor Career: Symptoms and Illness List  (Read 2084826 times)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Re: Doctor Career: Symptoms and Illness List
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »
Awesome! The post looks great, Carl. I'm happy to be able to provide information for a wide group of simmers. If I notice anything else through my regular play I'll  make sure to mention it here.

I'm not too surprised that you got a patient with no illness- it seems rare, and with the randomness the illnesses involve I'm not surprised that they're some things I missed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »
I guess once in a while, someone who has been reading too much about diseases on the internet comes in :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
Worth bumping to say that SimGuruGraham messaged me on twitter to let me know two things from the programmer who did Doctor. Level is the only thing that matters. Logic and focused do not factor into the diagnosis. Many of us who felt like it did were probably just gradually getting more experience as doctors and increasing in level. As we knew, some symptoms are shared across diseases. So we were on the right track to look at all symptoms and come up with our own medical journal of sorts. Very grateful for the time people invested in helping with this, as I think our Doctor guide has to be one of the best on the web at this point :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 10:23:50 PM »
@Carl
The Doctor guide states:
It gets a bit harder to advance from 5-7. Once you need three surgeries, you already have a decent job as a GP, but it will take time to need to do three surgeries. Sims may come in collapsed and need emergency surgery. Just keep at it, and some Sims will eventually need them based on your diagnosis. It may take 2-3 days of work, for there are only the emergencies and two types of illness that require surgery

By two types of illnesses requiring surgery, I assume you are referring to Burning Belly and Triple Threat. Doesn't Itchy Plumbob also require surgery?

Another general question for everyone: What is the purpose of the coworkers?
My sim started the Doctor career at Level 4 so we skipped meeting the coworkers, but all they do is hang around, take selfies, and talk to Dino in the reception area. At Level 7, my doctor gets alerts when untreated sims leave the hospital, but I see no option to Order coworkers like in the scientist career. Should I be transferring files or something?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 07:55:14 AM »
@oshizu, you are correct that Itchy Plumbob requires surgery. Good catch!

On the coworkers; I'm pretty sure they serve no purpose. To me it seems they're not programmed any differently than a regular sim would be; aiming simply for the things that they want to do (using the computer, socializing) rather than actually completing job requirements. Filing reports shouldn't make a difference. Since patients leaving doesn't lower job performance and your coworker's laziness doesn't really screw you over (unless they're, say, hogging your computer) I would just try to ignore them.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »
Think that was the one I missed, so I'll edit that to say three rarer types of illness. The whole format of that one is different and I may try to further clean it up, just want players to know they're not crazy as it's hard for a Sims career!

I too haven't seen a purpose for the co-workers there. Gotta edit in today how great it is to boss the science workers around :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
Thank you both for feedback on the coworkers.  I'd realize that patients leaving wasn't affecting job performance, but they still make me feel bad somehow. And more sims line up at the reception desk than my doctor could begin to handle, especially with diagnoses now requiring more examination.  Good to know that I can just ignore the alerts.

I too haven't seen a purpose for the co-workers there. Gotta edit in today how great it is to boss the science workers around :)

LOL, I wish I had a few minions of my own in real life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 02:37:39 AM »
Just wanted to say how great the doctor career guide is. It's really comprehensive.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 07:22:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! Wouldn't be as great just yet without the help of these folks, so I'm grateful. Just edited in the correction on number of diseases that require surgery and that coworkers aren't very helpful.

Dellena

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 05:31:00 AM »
The guide has been great for me with my current doctor.  I've been managing to correctly diagnose patients well be the 'Guaranteed Diagnosis' stage due to the guide.  It's made the doctor career more fun for me.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 08:48:31 AM »
@Dellena I'm glad you've been having so much success with the career! Having the information all in one place has definitely helped me, too. And I agree- once you know what you're doing, the doctor career becomes a lot more fun!

Offline Moomaline0327

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 08:20:09 PM »
Thanks for such a great guide!:) If I'm not mistaken, the glow/aura around the Alien Sims reflects their moods. I've noticed this in my sims before, such as when they're happy, they have a green aura around them. That could be the case for the alien in the picture, as she has an orange aura, signifying the Uncomfortable moodlet. Hope this helps (if I'm right!)! ;D

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »
You're welcome for the help, and also welcome to the forum! :D You're right about the alien aura, as I've learned since making this post. I might go back and delete or add an edit to that part to avoid confusion for anyone reading the guide. Thank you, though.  :)

Offline Kamek

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 06:22:03 PM »
a very useful guide, thank you very much! I actually got all 3 surgeries (for the 7th step of the career ladder) done on the first day (which were all 3 different illnesses, too) and ranked up right after.  8)

I've actually found something recently (that isn't really useful for this guide, I suppose, but still relative to illness in this game)

Using the sims.add_buff cheat to give sims symptoms, if you enter seeingthings_severe, which causes the Delirious moodlet (which causes the swatting at the air), it will give the sim a star-shaped rash that doesn't show up with any illness in the game (unless of course, it DOES show up and is just very rare). Interesting!

Offline pepper

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 01:40:48 PM »
Great guide, i've been following it and only had one case misdiagnosed, probably because I misread a symptom.  However, I did want to make a note that I saw the orange and green spots, not the swirls, coughing and dizziness and got a guaranteed diagnosis of triple threat.  I've also had triple threat with the swirls, so I'm guessing both rashes can present themselves.  I was pretty sure it was triple threat because of the other symptoms, but I did waste a lot of time running tests because it was so weird that the rash was different!  Could also be a game bug, though, but you might want to include it anyway in case anyone else runs into a similar patient! 

anything