Author Topic: The sink makes my sims happy.  (Read 4660 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The sink makes my sims happy.
« on: June 21, 2015, 07:25:33 PM »
Why does my kitchen sink have an emotional aura? It seems very random.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Dellena

Re: The sink makes my sims happy.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 07:44:24 PM »
Questions:

1. If you click on the sink does it have the option to Enable Emotional Aura?

2.  Do any of the sims in the household have the Neat trait?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:47:25 PM »
Yes it does have the click emotional aura thing. No other sinks have it. It was a career reward I think. I found it in family inventory so I assume career award. Nobody has the neat trait. Also a career reward fridge has an emotional aura so maybe a connection.

Rachel

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:28:52 PM »
I know the culinary career reward sink has an emotional aura, though I always assumed it was inspiring to help with better cooking in the kitchen. It must just be happy, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 11:51:29 PM »
It gives Inspiring, All aura gives specific emotions such as inspired,confident, etc and as far as i know there is no aura objects that gives plain happy (Decorated buff is different and always give happy)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 01:40:07 AM »
@ratchie ,Sounds like you've stumbled across the Culinary Career rewards hiding in your house inventory! There should be different sized pot racks, a fridge, some kitchen counters, a sink, a knife rack, an ugly picture, a couple of kitchen hoods/vent things... can't remember what else. They unlock as you go through the levels of the chef and mixology branches and should all have inspired auras. Carl's page here on the culinary career gives a run down on the rewards.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 04:31:46 AM »
My sink definitely makes people happy they get the green emotion colour whenever they go near it. I usually switch it off so that my Sim can actually be inspired while cooking not happy about it. Being inspired would make sense having a happy sink seemed odd lol The fridge is inspirational though. I knew there were career rewards I just didn't know they had emotional auras.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 05:49:04 AM »
@ratchie According to description in the buy mode, and my experience from using it in previous games, the Umber Kitchen Sink gives a small inspired aura.  The buy mode description for it says inspiring decor:  2.  This is a small enough aura that you may not see any effect from it unless it's combined with other items with inspiring auras.  If you are combining it with other items and still not seeing an aura from it, I would try reloading the game, or traveling if that doesn't work.  There is sometimes some buginess with items giving the wrong aura or not working.  However, I have never seen an item give a happy aura.  Even if it did, it seems like this kind of aura would boost inspired, not compete with it.  If you mouse over the moodlet that your Sim got from the sink, what does it say?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 08:51:26 AM »
Whatever emotional aura my Sims have when they go near the sink they get a boost. Like extra focused extra flirty etc.

Rachel

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »
That boost will have a moodlet attached to it.  Have you sim stand far enough away to not get the extra boost.  Check all the moodlets.  Then have them move into range to get the boost and see what the new moodlet is.  You might need to click on the collapsed extra moodlets as it only shows so many fully unless you click on the collapsed ones.  See what the new moodlet is and let us know. :)

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 05:42:11 PM »
I tested it a little and in fact you need two sinks to produce the aura correctly. By the @ratchie try using two sinks at the kitchen and make sure no other inspired aura objects is on

My test is this:

Inspired

Decorated

If both on and still give you Happy then indeed your sink is buggy. If both give inspired and there is still decorated buff, than the decorated buff did not came from the sink but from other objects in your kitchen. If you see the description of the decorated matched my second image, than you are indeed experiencing the decorated buff mistaking it for emotional aura buff.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 05:33:00 AM »
Did you upgrade your sink maybe? This gives aura too

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 08:43:02 AM »
Happy is always desirable, because it boosts rather than overrides the dominant emotion. I'm not sure why a happy buff would stop a sim from being inspired. If you have other inspire aura items, the auras are turned on, and you done something to get inspired and are still getting overridden by happy, something is definitely bugged. Most aura items need to be manually activated. There are a few exceptions but almost all of the inspired one have to be. Maybe don't use the sink? There are enough other inspire buff items that not using that one is no great loss, especially if it's causing issues.