Author Topic: Relationship Guide  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Relationship Guide
« on: July 10, 2015, 04:03:25 AM »
I noticed that the guide doesn't mention the 'Impartial' status which is before 'friend'. I don't know the percentage though and wouldn't have a clue how to figure that part out!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Relationship Guide
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 06:31:57 PM »
To me it seems like the game often uses impartial interchangeably with acquaintances.  I'm not sure if impartial is a lower relationship level than acquaintances, or what the difference is.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 02:01:44 AM »
That's what I imagined, not sure if I missed it or what, but I will give it another try to perfect it. That is, if I can remember where I found that info! I'm sure it'll come to me. It was somewhere in the xml :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 04:35:05 PM »
Seems there is a new glitch out with the latest patch... relationships can get stuck at the 'impartial' stage even though the green bar can be totally filled! Talk about timing! lol

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »
Seems there is a new glitch out with the latest patch... relationships can get stuck at the 'impartial' stage even though the green bar can be totally filled! Talk about timing! lol

I had noticed that also but didn't know if it was a glitch with the game or one of the mods I use causing it so I hadn't mentioned yet sense I hadn't taken the time to go through and check if it was a mod or not.
But I know you do a lot of challenges and run a clean game so I guess it is a glitch with the game. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 10:54:46 PM »
@grimsoul, it's quite random too. I've had a couple of sims where the relationship has changed like normal and a few others where it has just become stuck at impartial despite a nearly or full green relationship bar. 
I actually have been mucking around with mods and CC over the last week or so but I've taken everything out, repaired all the games (thanks for the tips about repairing each title), emptied the cache files etc and this is still happening. (Side issue when you repair The Sims 4 main title it will cycle through all the other titles etc in turn anyway)

*edited: I've also had a few sims stuck on 'acquaintances' now too when judging by the green relationship bar they should be good friends.