Author Topic: The Sims 4 Get Together  (Read 60963 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Get Together
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 06:11:23 PM »
A few more bits of info:

Windenburg is as large as the Worlds of WillowCreek and Oasis Springs.
If you own GTW then you can own and run a cafe with the new expresso machine which makes drinks that effects sims moods.
Your sim can be in up to 3 different clubs but only one will be active at a time.

*edited: Just some thoughts on how this new club interaction seems to work. It seems that clubs can rival each other opening all sorts of possibilities up. As you are able to choose the activities you could have your sims do anything from playing video games to cooking to making scientific serums I guess. One of the gurus talked about a club that had two activities that they did; chess and woohoo. (We knew that would happen, right. Still it's the possibilities to make what you want that sounds fun.) Maybe as other game play features are added in the future, like maybe supernatural, you could have a vampire club where your sims go around causing havoc! It seems like the club system is really going to add a lot of game play to The Sims 4. More then the initial intro video let on!

Yes, someone on simsvip suggested that if we get witches, we could have wizard clubs. Slytherin vs. Gryffindor perhaps? The social groups in TS2 and 3 never appealed to me that much, but the clubs might be intriguing. Something I thought of -- with locking doors, our children could have clubhouses.

Also, someone on the official forum pointed out the resemblance between Romeo Monty and Juliet Capp and the couple in the trailer (the DJ and the red-haired girl). Don't know how intense the rivalry will get.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline BarbaraAnn

• Nooboo
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »
I'm not sure if this is okay to post here, but I read this and thought it might be of interest.

http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/get-together-behind-closed-doors-presentation-my-thoughts.1347/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 07:09:13 PM »
Wow, that's a really good article. Certainly gives us some more food-for-thought on how the new social interactions are going to work.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 07:37:23 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, BarbaraAnn!

And thanks for the link to the article. This is probably the most worthwhile piece I've read on Get Together. It certainly made me more excited about this expansion.

Offline RandyH

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 10:26:18 PM »
I see that they are offering Get Together for pre-order. Is there any advantage to pre-ordering, as opposed to just buying it when it comes out? Is the price lower? Do you get something extra for pre-ordering, like limited edition content? Do advance purchasers receive it earlier than everyone else?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2015, 10:40:47 PM »
I see that they are offering Get Together for pre-order. Is there any advantage to pre-ordering, as opposed to just buying it when it comes out? Is the price lower? Do you get something extra for pre-ordering, like limited edition content? Do advance purchasers receive it earlier than everyone else?

Pre-ordering doesn't really get you anything here.  There is no special limited edition content (thankfully), nor is there any price drop.  This is mostly for people who are heavily into the series, and want to make sure they get it.

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2015, 02:36:21 AM »
Also if you pre-order before it comes out you may not get it when it does come out. Like what happen to me with Get To Work, had to cancel the order after it came out and re-buy it

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lunaura

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2015, 12:23:20 PM »
Really wish they'd give us pets first. Maybe a spiral staircase...and toddlers.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 11:09:43 AM »
A few more bits of info:

Windenburg is as large as the Worlds of WillowCreek and Oasis Springs.
If you own GTW then you can own and run a cafe with the new expresso machine which makes drinks that effects sims moods.
Your sim can be in up to 3 different clubs but only one will be active at a time.

*edited: Just some thoughts on how this new club interaction seems to work. It seems that clubs can rival each other opening all sorts of possibilities up. As you are able to choose the activities you could have your sims do anything from playing video games to cooking to making scientific serums I guess. One of the gurus talked about a club that had two activities that they did; chess and woohoo. (We knew that would happen, right. Still it's the possibilities to make what you want that sounds fun.) Maybe as other game play features are added in the future, like maybe supernatural, you could have a vampire club where your sims go around causing havoc! It seems like the club system is really going to add a lot of game play to The Sims 4. More then the initial intro video let on!

Yes, someone on simsvip suggested that if we get witches, we could have wizard clubs. Slytherin vs. Gryffindor perhaps? The social groups in TS2 and 3 never appealed to me that much, but the clubs might be intriguing. Something I thought of -- with locking doors, our children could have clubhouses.

Also, someone on the official forum pointed out the resemblance between Romeo Monty and Juliet Capp and the couple in the trailer (the DJ and the red-haired girl). Don't know how intense the rivalry will get.

I wouldn't set my heart on a scenario like that. Recently, on Twitter, Sim Guru Lindsay confirmed  that there wasn't going to be an alternate life state in GT.  When asked a few questions she told players that she didn't see the alternate life state was a Sim tradition in an EP. I do hope it's just this EP and not going to go across the board in all of them.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 02:49:06 PM »
@RunAmokSims , I really hope that somewhere down the track more supernaturals are added to The Sims 4 however the premise for how groups could run remains the same. We already have aliens so I can't see them being the only type ever.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 03:06:37 PM »
@RunAmokSims , I really hope that somewhere down the track more supernaturals are added to The Sims 4 however the premise for how groups could run remains the same. We already have aliens so I can't see them being the only type ever.

I hope they add new life states too.  Yes the premise remains the same but I was talking about the addition of witches and sorcerers.  It's just gotten to the point where I don't assume that anything that was in previous games are a given this time around.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 03:19:02 PM »
My guess is that we'll get witches and vampires and probably (sigh) werewolves. But I won't mind if they skip the fairies and the mermaids. Ditto for the mummies and simbots.

Offline dragon red

• Nooboo
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 05:09:19 PM »
I wouldn't set my heart on a scenario like that. Recently, on Twitter, Sim Guru Lindsay confirmed  that there wasn't going to be an alternate life state in GT.  When asked a few questions she told players that she didn't see the alternate life state was a Sim tradition in an EP. I do hope it's just this EP and not going to go across the board in all of them.

That's kind of odd... Especially given how in Sims 2 at least which I played compared to Sims 3 where I only dabbled. In Sims 2 base game had ghosts and aliens. University had Zombies. Nightlife had Vampires. Pets had werewolves. Seasons had plantsims. Open for business had servos. Apartment life had Witches and Warlocks, and so forth... Sims 3 followed a similar pattern too. I always thought it was a given that a new EP had a new life state in it.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2015, 03:12:58 AM »

That's kind of odd... Especially given how in Sims 2 at least which I played compared to Sims 3 where I only dabbled. In Sims 2 base game had ghosts and aliens. University had Zombies. Nightlife had Vampires. Pets had werewolves. Seasons had plantsims. Open for business had servos. Apartment life had Witches and Warlocks, and so forth... Sims 3 followed a similar pattern too. I always thought it was a given that a new EP had a new life state in it.

Sims 4 is a new game though, so we cant expect them to do the same over and over again, and i would frankly be disappointed if they just sold me the same stuff generation after generation.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »

Sims 4 is a new game though, so we cant expect them to do the same over and over again, and i would frankly be disappointed if they just sold me the same stuff generation after generation.

I know. It's been what?  Close to 20 EPs that include a different life state.  This is directly from Lindsay.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/629691956369747968