Author Topic: Tutorial: Apartment Building  (Read 333565 times)

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
Re: Building apartments?
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2012, 10:18:10 PM »
Cool, Thanks I'll try that.

I've kept on working while waiting for a reply and it's at 20 units and counting. lol ...and I'm still not finished with it.

I am however really happy with how the roof came out. It was an awful lot of work but worth it. I so can't wait to finish it and post some screenshots.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
Re: Building apartments?
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 06:41:59 AM »
Yup that worked. Thanks again.

I did notice a couple odd things though...

First, When I moved in a couple sims to test they just walked to the front door of the building and stood there for a while and then started wandering around all the public areas until they got tired enough to pass out and then started napping on benches. It was like they had no idea that they even had an apartment to go to until I sent them there manually.

Also, there was no "set as front door" option when clicking on the apartment door. Just lock.

Also, also, everything other sim that was coming or going was triggering the little message flag in the upper right corner saying, "Looks like it's time for me to go no. Bye." What do I care? you weren't visiting my sims. That's just annoying message clutter. I wish it didn't do that.

So, any one have any ideas? Is "Set as front door" not suppose to show up or did I maybe do something wrong?

P.S. I just registered for the gallery so I'll have some screenshots up soon.

My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Primadagoddess

• Nooboo
Re: Tutorial: Apartment Building
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »
Is there a game pack that you need to add to get the call box?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2015, 05:30:48 PM »
Is there a game pack that you need to add to get the call box?

@Primadagoddess  I think appartments were added with the Late Night expansion pack, so you may need that for the call box, but I'm not 100% sure.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Vleonard517

• Nooboo
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2015, 05:05:50 PM »
I've done everything listed here and I still can't change the other apartments so that NPC's can move in. The only options I have under shift+click are "object...delete it." I have testingcheatsenabled true active.