Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195823 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2016, 03:56:49 PM »
I think it has something to do with routing issues (not enough space).  Try deleting several items and move the others out in the open floor space. see if that fix it? 

No, there was plenty of space around him.  No matter where he wandered in the store with just that Sim it was him waving his arms and being stuck.  Repairing the game fixed it.

I have a question.  Are there aspirations we can share with everyone?  Like, Soul Mate seems like a good one for all the Sims to be able to use.  Once I have my main aspirations set for each founder/heir, there would be some left over that I might like to be available to all.  The tricky one to avoid for any except Mansion Bloodline is Mansion Baron.  Am I right in remembering that all the Mansion Bloodline has to complete that aspiration plus one other?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2016, 04:08:57 PM »
The family aspirations are good for sharing among all your heirs, and in my opinion soulmate is the best aspiration for sharing.  Correct, the mansion bloodlines has to complete one unique aspiration PLUS the mansion baron aspiration.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »
I think it has something to do with routing issues (not enough space).  Try deleting several items and move the others out in the open floor space. see if that fix it? 

No, there was plenty of space around him.  No matter where he wandered in the store with just that Sim it was him waving his arms and being stuck.  Repairing the game fixed it.

I have a question.  Are there aspirations we can share with everyone?  Like, Soul Mate seems like a good one for all the Sims to be able to use.  Once I have my main aspirations set for each founder/heir, there would be some left over that I might like to be available to all.  The tricky one to avoid for any except Mansion Bloodline is Mansion Baron.  Am I right in remembering that all the Mansion Bloodline has to complete that aspiration plus one other?

Yes, to both questions. Your heirs need to complete 12 unique aspirations. That leaves 11 "free aspirations" if you have all the expansion and game packs. Your heirs in the Mansion Baron bloodline have to complete one aspiration before they move out and then Mansion Baron afterwards. Once an heir has completed the unique aspiration, he or she can work on any other aspiration. They can even work on another heir's completed aspiration provided that they don't complete it themselves.

Also, it's a good idea to plan beforehand what each heir will use for a unique aspiration, unique career, and two skills that will be unique within the bloodline.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2016, 03:40:39 AM »
Just want clarification so I don't end up dqing.  ??? 

First, if I choose to can my family sell the family store fairly early on as long as they have met the qualifications for earning the required perks and being able to sell for 100K? My heir is not quite a teen yet but contemplating selling it to focus on the heir and her siblings. When I have been playing my retail family they have basically been living at the store.  As soon as they come home from school or work I haven't even went to the home lot but brought them to the store while still playing the other active sims. I was careful about when my heir would be aging up but with having a few brothers and sisters it as become challenging to keep an eye on the age of the siblings at home in time to have them age up properly from the bassinet. This has made it more difficult to know when my helpers would be aging up. Now my founder is pregnant again and rather than continuing to go home since they have completed the requirements for retail was hoping to just sell the store and play primarily out of the home rather than the store. Just don't want to do this to early if it dqs me.

Another question is regarding the culling, is it wiser to limit the number of siblings in order to avoid problems with the culling? I became very eager and researched a lot of names tying in with the different themes of my 3 dynasties and may have went a little overboard on siblings. LOL Just wanting a heads up.

Also, a little sad that my helpers will not be allowed to form their own families. Due to loving this rotational play I am getting a little attached. LOL

Thank you for all of your help!!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »
Yes, once you've completed the requirements for the retail option, you can go ahead and sell the store.

To be honest, I don't know how much of a problem culling could be. My experience has been that sims in houses don't get culled, but other people have had that happen. I tend to keep my households fairly small, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. The team did decide, though, that if someone has a household culled from their game, that it wouldn't be necessary to occupy that lot a second time.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #320 on: January 25, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »
Yes, once you've completed the requirements for the retail option, you can go ahead and sell the store.

To be honest, I don't know how much of a problem culling could be. My experience has been that sims in houses don't get culled, but other people have had that happen. I tend to keep my households fairly small, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. The team did decide, though, that if someone has a household culled from their game, that it wouldn't be necessary to occupy that lot a second time.

In a different game file I had two Windenberg households culled, from houses, and two replaced in empty houses in Willow despite having it so houses won't be filled.  Just a heads up to keep an eye out.

There is no reason helpers can't have families.  You just have to have enough room in the house you are currently playing.  I usually have one heir with no syblings but might allow a romance between helpers.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2016, 01:24:38 PM »
When  go back to our families and they have had children are we allowed to rename the babies? I hoping to name them after themes and I came back to a family with a baby that has had a baby named that doesn't fit into this at all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2016, 01:31:02 PM »
Yes, you can rename the babies.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2016, 01:45:09 PM »
Actually, you have to wait until the babies are children before you can rename them. You do it in CAS.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #324 on: January 28, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »
My Mansion heir has reached level 10 of creativity and although she has completed the Draw all 5 Picture Types three times, it has not registered as complete.  She just shows 4 out of 5 done.  I hate to waste the time drawing them a third time so if there are any suggestions or if it is a known bug I'd sure like to hear about it.  Would it be considered maxed since she did reach level 10?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
5 Types:  Shapes, People, Vehicle, Animal, and Monster.

If you have all 5 types drawn, you can use cheat to complete the step.  Not sure why you are getting this bug, I've never encounter this before, must be new.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #326 on: February 02, 2016, 05:21:03 PM »
I really don't know why I continue to try to do this.  Today I wound up losing all my files with the exception of the first week or so of the first bloodline.  Steve is going to see if I have copies of my files on my old hard drive which he can then add as an external drive and if they are there I could move them into the Saves folder.  If I can't do this I'll have to think long and hard about whether I should just have my current story removed and start it all over again or not.  It's very discouraging.

Why and how?  If you go into your EAGames, Sims4 folders and then into your Save folder you will see a bunch of files with nothing to show you exactly what they are because all they are is a bunch of numbers.  You may have used, "Save As" while playing but the names of those saved files do NOT show up in your save folder within the Sims4 folder.  I didn't want to confuse my RD game files with others so I moved them all out to a folder on my desk top.  No problem so far.  Then I played other games.  Now I decided I wanted to put my RD game files back into the save folder and play them as well.  Only when you go to do this, the numbers from the games already there are the same as the ones you want to add.  So windows just deletes the extras and leaves behind a mess of incomprehensible number files.  I've managed to find and save my first bloodline AND the game I was currently playing but I cannot have both of them in the save file and have them both show up online to be able to be played. I have to remove one set and replace it with another in order to play either one and since the bloodline one is waaaaay back at the beginning I'm just not playing it.  (Sigh)

I'm more than frustrated.  IF EA would just NAME the daggone files in the save folder there would be no problems!!  There were no problems with it in Sims3 and I still have a ton of old Sims3 games I can play whenever I want.  Once again a case of it wasn't broke but they "fixed" and "improved" it anyway.

I suppose the simple fix would be have the entire bloodline story thing removed and start over again.  Not asking for that yet.  This is just a heads up on where things are in my RD play.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #327 on: February 02, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »
So sorry to hear that, Joria. I wish I knew what was in my saves folder, too. I use factory reset to have different game files -- The Sims 4.rival; the Sims 4.chal; and the Sims 4.immortal. When I want to play one, I rename whatever I'd been playing as The Sims 4, and erase the extension on the new game. But I have enough memory space on my computer to do that.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #328 on: February 02, 2016, 09:30:52 PM »
I'm with you there Joria, the whole file naming system is bewildering in ts4. I manage it like MarianT does but actually have different save folders lined up on my desktop named in such a way I know which games are in what folder.
When I want to play them I drag the present saves folder to my desk top rename it and then replace it with the save folder that has the game I want to play in it. I rename it 'saves' then repair my game and off I go.
There is probably a much more tech-savvy way of doing things but this works for me and keeps my games organized and my saves folders a reasonable size.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: February 02, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »
I don't know how to do the factory reset way, or the factory reset at all.  At this point I think it's a do over.  My Sims are saved to my library so I could just start over with the same faces, new game.  I usually keep a "Vanilla" copy of a Sim so they have the same look and same traits but no stats or abilities done so they wouldn't be ahead in any way.  So if one of you lovely ladies would just move my game to the graveyard, or delete it entirely, (which I think is better so it doesn't clutter up the graveyard), I'll just start again.  Steve could not find it on my old hard drive so guess I'm just outta luck with it.

----------
My No Buy Story