Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195302 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #465 on: February 03, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »
Vampires may not try for baby until their spouse is also a vampire. Vampires may not turn heirs or founders of other dynasties. Vampire hunters may not cure heirs or founders of other dynasties. Vampires may not purchase rewards with satisfaction points.

Does this ban on purchasing rewards with satisfaction points relate exclusively to the founder and heirs of the Vampire lineage, or to any and all vampires living in an active household?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #466 on: February 03, 2017, 04:52:30 PM »
Vampire & Vampire Hunter Bloodlines both state that you have to "maintain" a garden.  Does this mean that the founder has to be the one to plant those plants and then everything has to stay alive & healthy up until the point of the heir moving out?

The reason I ask is because the Cowplant may be the hardest one under the vampire especially considering their reaction to the sun and cowplants like to die at the drop of a hat while also being unable to be placed anywhere but on the ground.  I have a hard time keeping one alive even when I want it to be alive.  So I guess what I'm asking is does the cowplant have to be alive at the time of the heir moving? If one dies, I know we can replant one but does it need to be in in full cow beast mode?  Or am I asking for too many specifics.  I do like to make things harder than they're meant to be.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #467 on: February 03, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »
Vampires may not try for baby until their spouse is also a vampire. Vampires may not turn heirs or founders of other dynasties. Vampire hunters may not cure heirs or founders of other dynasties. Vampires may not purchase rewards with satisfaction points.

Does this ban on purchasing rewards with satisfaction points related exclusively to the founder and heirs of the Vampire lineage, or to any and all vampires living in an active household?

The ban is for all vampires. They already have quite a number of powers.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #468 on: February 03, 2017, 06:45:47 PM »
Vampire & Vampire Hunter Bloodlines both state that you have to "maintain" a garden.  Does this mean that the founder has to be the one to plant those plants and then everything has to stay alive & healthy up until the point of the heir moving out?

The reason I ask is because the Cowplant may be the hardest one under the vampire especially considering their reaction to the sun and cowplants like to die at the drop of a hat while also being unable to be placed anywhere but on the ground.  I have a hard time keeping one alive even when I want it to be alive.  So I guess what I'm asking is does the cowplant have to be alive at the time of the heir moving? If one dies, I know we can replant one but does it need to be in in full cow beast mode?  Or am I asking for too many specifics.  I do like to make things harder than they're meant to be.

If you've had a cowplant reach full maturity, and you currently have a cowplant growing when the heir is ready to leave, then you should be okay.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #469 on: February 03, 2017, 06:52:47 PM »
@MarianT
Thank you for clarifying about vampires and satisfaction rewards as well as the cowplant. I don't want to transgress based on wrong assumptions. :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #470 on: February 04, 2017, 01:11:01 PM »
I've tried finding this answer on multiple threads and I saw it on the IDC but not this one so I'm having to ask yet another question. I wanted to know for the RDC if it's the same.

Once you've chosen lot traits for a property - are you allowed to change them again?  I mean I would get if you couldn't change the skill boosting one but what about the non- skill boosting ones?   

I found one that I thought I would like and find that now I'm not impressed.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #471 on: February 04, 2017, 02:17:15 PM »
I thought we had the rule about not changing lot traits once you've assigned them in this ruleset as well as the others. Anyway, since you asked before that was added, go ahead and change. Just make sure not to have 2 skill-boosting lot traits -- that's how my RDC failed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #472 on: February 04, 2017, 06:59:21 PM »
I'm still very far from moving out any heirs, but I'd like to clearly understand the process in advance.
These questions arose after re-reading the challenge's Moving Out rules as well as the Moving Out Guide.
I understand the process of splitting households but I'd just like to confirm.

1. Moving out: Am I correct in assuming that we use the Create New Households feature twice in Manage Households? First for the heir, next for the helpers+spares?

2. About the founder's household not ageing, a rule states as follows:
Once you have moved out an heir in a bloodline, you will play that heir instead of his or her parent. The parents won't age because you'll have aging off for unplayed households. This heir will now have to meet the requirements for Former Heirs, and his or her child will become the next heir.

Do I deselect the green plumbob in the lower left corner of the household image, thus rendering it an unplayed household?

3. Selling a restaurant/retail shop
If my sim sells his cafe and I leave it in the game, would that adversely affect the available pool of available employees for future restaurant/shops?
I'm worried about the game only spawning a limited number of employee NPCs. Is that even an issue?

Thank you for reading.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #473 on: February 04, 2017, 07:28:39 PM »
I'm still very far from moving out any heirs, but I'd like to clearly understand the process in advance.
These questions arose after re-reading the challenge's Moving Out rules as well as the Moving Out Guide.
I understand the process of splitting households but I'd just like to confirm.

1. Moving out: Am I correct in assuming that we use the Create New Households feature twice in Manage Households? First for the heir, next for the helpers+spares?

2. About the founder's household not ageing, a rule states as follows:
Once you have moved out an heir in a bloodline, you will play that heir instead of his or her parent. The parents won't age because you'll have aging off for unplayed households. This heir will now have to meet the requirements for Former Heirs, and his or her child will become the next heir.

Do I deselect the green plumbob in the lower left corner of the household image, thus rendering it an unplayed household?

3. Selling a restaurant/retail shop
If my sim sells his cafe and I leave it in the game, would that adversely affect the available pool of available employees for future restaurant/shops?
I'm worried about the game only spawning a limited number of employee NPCs. Is that even an issue?

Thank you for reading.

1.Yes, if you want to move out two groups of people, you'll have to use Create a Household twice. Actually, I never had a problem with culling, and I believe that the number of Sims allowed in the world has been expanded quite a bit since the rules were written, so you could leave your spares and helpers in their homes.

2. Don't worry about the green plumbob. As far as aging is concerned, the game considers any non-active household to be unplayed.

3. I don't think employees will be an issue. You may find that your next restaurant has some of the same employees as your previous one. Remember, the game only loads the lot that you are currently playing. You won't have 3 or 4 restaurants in operation at the same time.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #474 on: February 08, 2017, 10:13:00 PM »
Added:

You may add one skill-boosting lot trait (See list) and two other lot traits to each house.

Your Sims may form a family club, but they may have only the Networked perk or one skill-boosting perk, not both. Your Sims may join other clubs, but not found them.

Players who started their dynasties before these rules were added are still eligible for the HOF. If your family club has any skill perks, you should not add skill-boosting lot traits, but may add others.

I've been looking at this post for a little bit mostly because I'm just a tad bit confused.   Earlier it was said that we could get the homework perk as well as either Networked or another Skill Boosting perk.  Or that's the way it seemed.    But I'm wondering about NON-skilling perks - like Rally the Troops, a stronger comraderie, etc.  We're allowed to get them.  The restriction is just that you can only have one of the following: Networked, Skill Boost Perk or Lot Trait Skill Boost.  But not all three.   So the restriction is really limited just the skill bonuses we can gain not the rest of the club atmosphere?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #475 on: February 09, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
Yes, the restriction is focused on skilling. The "family club" is an intergenerational one. Since people starting now have lot traits, the last bit you quoted is probably moot. If you get the "networked" trait for your club as a whole and pick one skilling lot trait per house, you'll be fine.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #476 on: February 09, 2017, 09:22:04 AM »
Thank you for your clarification about lot traits and perks @MarianT .

I've been using one skill-boosting lot trait from your list plus the Networked trait, but I'm still unsure about the eligibility of the other club perks.
Besides Networked, I also buy the perks to add two more club members as well as Homework (since I specifically asked and you responded.

I haven't bought Rally the Troops or any of the social-boosting or mood-boosting perks because I assumed they weren't allowed.
These are all allowed, then? *facepalm

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #477 on: February 09, 2017, 09:55:43 AM »
Yes, they're allowed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #478 on: February 09, 2017, 10:00:04 AM »
Thank you!
Sorry for being so dense but I appreciate your willingness to spell it out for me!  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #479 on: February 09, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »
I have another question, this time about aspirations.

4. The heir must achieve a unique aspiration other than Mansion Baron. He or she may not switch aspirations until that aspiration has been achieved. No heir in any other bloodline may achieve this aspiration.

I understand that my Mansion Baron and Retail heirs must complete a unique aspiration before moving out, with the Mansion Baron deferred until after moving out.

Question:
For the Vampire option, this means that an heir cannot start a vampiric aspiration until after they've first completed a unique aspiration. Is that correct?