Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195275 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #555 on: April 27, 2017, 01:46:51 AM »
I'd like to know about using ambrosia as part of a collection of cooked museum items.
I understand that none of the ingredients may be cloned and that the heir should catch their own angelfish and use their own satisfaction points.
I have 3 questions:

Question 1: Are cooked museum items ineligible for heirs without the Fresh Chef trait? (because all 7 museum items can't be Ambrosia)
Question 2: May vampires may buy Potions of Youth for ambrosia to use in a museum item, even though they're banned from buying reward traits?
Question 3: May non-vampire heirs simply harvest deathflowers from the family garden or should they also graft them (or harvest then grow them)?

Just trying to think of how to make the value of my vampire line's museum items more competitive.
Or maybe the whole point is that certain lines need to focus on something other than museum value in order to win...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #556 on: May 06, 2017, 08:20:03 AM »
I'd like to know about using ambrosia as part of a collection of cooked museum items.
I understand that none of the ingredients may be cloned and that the heir should catch their own angelfish and use their own satisfaction points.
I have 3 questions:

Question 1: Are cooked museum items ineligible for heirs without the Fresh Chef trait? (because all 7 museum items can't be Ambrosia)
Question 2: May vampires may buy Potions of Youth for ambrosia to use in a museum item, even though they're banned from buying reward traits?
Question 3: May non-vampire heirs simply harvest deathflowers from the family garden or should they also graft them (or harvest then grow them)?

Just trying to think of how to make the value of my vampire line's museum items more competitive.
Or maybe the whole point is that certain lines need to focus on something other than museum value in order to win...

I'd like to repeat my questions above about cooked items, esp. ambrosia, as museum items.

My other question concerns the rule below about nannies:
A nanny must be hired if there are toddlers or babies on the lot when the last teen or adult leaves the house.

My problem is with my restaurant family.
Even if I hire a nanny before all the adults leave to work at the restaurant, small children are sent off to daycare.
To keep the children at home, I have to leave a teen/adult sim at home with them.
When I don't have an extra adult to leave at home, I bring toddlers with the family to the restaurant.
Managing both the diners and the toddlers isn't easy plus the family constantly wants to go to the restaurant's back room to "Check on toddler."

Question:
With the restaurant line, are my options: (a) leave someone at home with the children, or (b) bring them to the restaurant?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something with the nanny rule.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #557 on: May 06, 2017, 10:46:21 AM »
I have 3 questions:

I'd like to repeat my questions above about cooked items, esp. ambrosia, as museum items.

My other question concerns the rule below about nannies:
A nanny must be hired if there are toddlers or babies on the lot when the last teen or adult leaves the house.

My problem is with my restaurant family.
Even if I hire a nanny before all the adults leave to work at the restaurant, small children are sent off to daycare.
To keep the children at home, I have to leave a teen/adult sim at home with them.
When I don't have an extra adult to leave at home, I bring toddlers with the family to the restaurant.
Managing both the diners and the toddlers isn't easy plus the family constantly wants to go to the restaurant's back room to "Check on toddler."

Question:
With the restaurant line, are my options: (a) leave someone at home with the children, or (b) bring them to the restaurant?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something with the nanny rule.

I would strongly recommend using cooked items or mixed drinks for the museums. They will spoil and possibly disappear. That said, if you want to make 1 dish of ambrosia, you have to use what's grown on the heir's lot and vampires have to find a non-vampire to buy the potion for them.

Regarding nannies -- the idea was to have a baby sitter on the lot if all the adults went elsewhere. I'm surprised that the nannies aren't doing their job for you, but my guess would be that it's because your Sims are not going to jobs but to a community lot. I would say that your options are the ones you've listed. Either take the toddlers with you or leave a teen or older at home.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #558 on: May 06, 2017, 12:54:22 PM »
@MariantT

Thank you for your answers to my ambrosia and nanny questions.

Ambrosia:
I have a vampire mixologist in a future generation, so I will consider cooked items for that heir if she can complete Master Chef as well. If not, I'll pass on spoiled museum collections.

Nannies: Okay, I will do as you suggest.
I was worried that my game might be bugged.
Last night, when I selected "Travel" to go the restaurant, I still got the popup notification below (despite hiring a nanny before leaving), but the kids got sent to daycare anyway.
"Remember you hired a nanny. If you wish, they will stay at your house while your Sims are away and charge you for their time when you get back and dismiss them.

I guess nannies don't work in the way the popup suggests in the case of stores and restaurants.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #559 on: May 09, 2017, 04:58:28 AM »
Gah, I finally understand why cooked items are a terrible idea for an heir.
To gain the Fresh Chef trait, the heir would need to reach Level 8 Culinary before moving out.
I can't believe how long it took me to put all the pieces together.
And it's the exact same reason I had one of my founders be a chef.  *facepalm

Offline Windhavyn

• Nooboo
« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2017, 01:07:41 PM »
Just to check - does Dancing count as a skill to be claimed as unique within a bloodline? I know both Dancing and Photography have 5 levels, but only Photography is listed on the spreadsheet and I wanted to check before I make a fatal mistake.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
Just to check - does Dancing count as a skill to be claimed as unique within a bloodline? I know both Dancing and Photography have 5 levels, but only Photography is listed on the spreadsheet and I wanted to check before I make a fatal mistake.

Dancing counts and so does Vampire Lore. Keep in mind that the spreadsheet was created before the later packs came out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2017, 09:13:48 PM »
@MarianT Dancing and Photography are allowed unique skills? I thought they weren't due to the fact that they only have five levels? Like, when those packs came out, they were specifically singled out as not allowed?

Edit: Here's the rule:

5. The heir must max two skills (excluding photography and dancing) unique in that bloodline.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #563 on: May 18, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »

Sorry, @Windhavyn. if photography doesn't count as a unique skill, then neither does dancing.

@dontmindme, You're absolutely right. I don't know why photography was on the spreadsheet, but it shouldn't have been.

Offline Windhavyn

• Nooboo
« Reply #564 on: May 18, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
@MarionT Thanks for confirming!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #565 on: June 11, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »
Since nothing has been posted in this thread about the new Parenthood game pack, may I assume that the existing Rival Dynasties Challenge rules are unaffected?

@MarianT  I appreciate your suggestion in another thread that we practice playing the new pack before resuming our dynasty challenges.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #566 on: June 11, 2017, 08:06:32 PM »
Using the Parenthood pack is fine. The team hasn't decided to make any changes in any of the challenges so far, but if we do, they won't affect what players have already done.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #567 on: June 11, 2017, 08:16:40 PM »
Using the Parenthood pack is fine. The team hasn't decided to make any changes in any of the challenges so far, but if we do, they won't affect what players have already done.
@MarianT

Thanks for the quick response! I'm trying to think now of a way I can work in a longer story segment (separate file for story purposes?), since this challenge is inherently a race, which means we don't have as much time to parent.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #568 on: June 13, 2017, 10:56:44 AM »
Another question:

Are we allowed to call Jasmine Holiday's triple boost this week?
I'm fine either using it or not using it, but Jasmine will no doubt be parked in front of the active household's lot, so I'd like to know.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #569 on: June 13, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »
From Metro:

IMPORTANT: Please avoid Jasmine Holiday for EA's week-long boost. This goes for Dynasties and Tournament challenges