Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195722 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2015, 02:55:32 AM »
I have GTW and if I choose the alien option, does the founder HAVE to be an alien? What I have in mind is to create a half-alien (play with genetics in CAS with a sim and an alien) who longs to connect with his alien ancestors. He would marry an alien and maybe eventually one of the heirs would be a full-alien either by abduction or marrying in aliens repeatedly (I don't know if breeding in a full-alien is even possible).

And another question: "School-aged Heirs can miss school if they take a vacation day." There is a possibility that the game won't let them go to school if they are sick. My sim could not go to school even if he took medicine it only said "taking a sick-day" (or something like that). So if that should happen in this challenge, would it be game over for that family?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2015, 07:44:51 AM »
@Tipi, I guess there's no reason why your founder would have to be an alien, as long as he or she married a full alien. I don't know if you eventually get a full alien either; it will be interesting to find out.

If the game won't let your child or teen go to school because of illness, that's okay, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2015, 07:55:21 AM »
If an alien founder or heir gets pregnant as a result of an abduction and that pregnancy results in the next heir, I am assuming they would still have to marry another alien. Could that marriage be a same-sex marriage, since the heir has already been born?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2015, 07:58:30 AM »
I do have to say that I just went and saved the ones I would want into my library, and they go under the heading of "mine" instead of "maxis."  However, I think most of us by now know which houses come with a clean hood, and which ones don't. 

@simfulicious, That should be okay. We mainly want to avoid people getting houses that have career or party rewards among their furnishings, as these can give an advantage.

If that is the case, can we pick any house from anywhere, and just choose unfurnished if we are unsure of the contents? I mainly don't want to build from scratch.  For example, I would love to get my hands on Dellena's Greystone house.  However, it's not currently in the #carlsguiderdc tag.  When furnished I think it has career rewards, but if you choose unfurnished when placing the lot, you won't get any items.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2015, 08:26:27 AM »
If an alien founder or heir gets pregnant as a result of an abduction and that pregnancy results in the next heir, I am assuming they would still have to marry another alien. Could that marriage be a same-sex marriage, since the heir has already been born?

Sure, although the sim wouldn't have to marry at all. I'll have to look at the wording of the rule.

@simfulicious, let's just stick with the lots that are allowed. Sometimes a career reward can be a build item, in which case the house would be downloaded even when unfurnished.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »
@Tipi, I guess there's no reason why your founder would have to be an alien, as long as he or she married a full alien. I don't know if you eventually get a full alien either; it will be interesting to find out.

Alien + Human/Hybrid Sim will always result in hybrid.  Do we want to allow hybrid in the alien option?  The only way for hybrid to get a full/pure alien heir is to have your male hybrid gets abducted by alien and get pregnant.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2015, 12:49:29 PM »
I didn't know that a hybrid alien could never have a full alien child. @Tipi, so no, you can only have an alien founder.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »
Has anyone else had this problem since last patch update?  Once again (second play test) I moved in a young adult and she brought with her a teenage daughter and a child son.  Like before the child has the 'art lover' trait.  The teenage daughter traits are different but I just thought it so odd that the young adult I moved in had a teenage daughter??  And that it was pretty much exactly the same as my last play test.  I've never had this before??  I was just wondering if anyone else had this???  Least I got to build a nice house  :)  But still ** strange!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
Yes, the game still generates this type of household far too often. I was ready to move in a potential spouse for one of my helpers and decided not to when the moving screen came up because I didn't want to add three Sims to the household. It's really annoying.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2015, 10:17:38 AM »
In answer to Playalot's question 'Just out of interest... has anyone had an alien abducted and pregnant as a result in their test files?'

I've only ever had one alien abduction since playing with GTW (which I've had for months now) and he never ended up pregnant.  I really wanted it to happen, but alas I just think the alien's are not interested in my Sims  :'(  I read you Immortal story and I know your main (founder) was abducted 3 times and fell pregnant all of those three times and I was so jealous  :D 

To me, this game is just kind of really a bit random and odd at times  ;D  Or maybe it's just me?

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
In reply to Reggikko - "Is this a recent thing for you or have had this for a while?"  Both the young adults I moved in were in the Science career, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2015, 10:23:28 AM »
I actually prefer my town to be filled these type of households; they give plenty of scope for pollinating and even finding spouses for my heirs without the risk of culling. A traditional family wouldn't work so well.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »
Now that you mention it, yes they do  :)  I don't mind so much, it really only becomes a problem when the founder and 'move in young adult' become romantically involved and decided to have a child.  I just pray I don't get triplets  ;D 

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »
My Sims may not get abducted by Alien's but they sure do have a tendency for triplets!!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »
crstasse, I've had these households since the game first came out. I wouldn't mind a few, but there's too many, in my opinion. A work-around in a regular game is to go into Manage Households and move another adult in with that family. Then you can leave the kids behind. Of course, you can't do that in a Dynasty file.

anything