Author Topic: Get Together - First Impressions  (Read 11805 times)

Offline richieassy

• Nooboo
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2015, 08:20:56 AM »
hey so I'm kinda new here - signed up a few minutes ago haha- and i dont know really know when the sims 4 announces or hints information about the next expansion pack. sorry for posting here but i didn't find any topics related to this so any answers would be welcomed :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2015, 08:53:21 AM »
Welcome, richieassy!

Announcements about new game packs, expansion packs, and stuff packs can be found in this thread:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23722.0.html

Usually EA announces new content on a Wednesday. Since we just got Get Together, it might be a few weeks before there's something new.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline richieassy

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2015, 01:34:25 PM »
thank you <3

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 06:35:54 PM »
I like the clubs and the new world. I just wish they added a new life state.

Offline beckey76

• Nooboo
First Impressions
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 01:15:44 AM »
It's great, I was hesitant to buy it when it was first announced because I was like "really?!?!" I decided to buy it at the end of last week, primarily for the "stuff" and the new town. I am enjoying this xpack a lot. I garden with pretty much every sim I create/play. I joined the default gardening club and gather once a day. I use the club to help me with my large garden. I took over the club after I seduced the leader (lol) and changed the default meeting place to my house. Otherwise it takes my sim about a 1/2 day to do everything in his garden. He always makes a group meal afterwards too before ending the gathering, out of common courtesy of course! I am definitely surprised by how much I'm enjoying this xpack. I've recommended it to a few real life friends that also play and hadn't purchased it yet.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2015, 06:33:26 PM »
your first impressions of the expansion really helped me make the decision to buy it :) When I saw the trailer I didn't like it at all (maybe I'm not the target group for the trailer?) I thought it was all about going out and partying. But now I really know what you can do it seems much more fun. Especially now that I want to start out with another dynasty challenge.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2015, 10:34:15 AM »
I feel like the never-ending club gathering was a bit overpowered. My sims family of just two were constantly inspired even on their job since the gathering apparently only end when you choose to end. This combined with networked make promotion really fast and i even manage to sometimes get 1day promotion if i can change the work tone to work hard fast enough (Oh how I miss those Workaholic trait from sims 3 who automatically work hard)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 11:14:15 AM »
I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do, considering that I wasn't overly impressed with the game up until this point. However, I love the clubs, and they make gameplay a lot more fun because everything is much less stressful than before (for me and the sim!)

Offline richieassy

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »
Honestly, so far I feel like I am missing something else that everyone is seeing and liking about the clubs. I can see objectively where it could be useful for skilling, but it also strikes me as almost cheat-level easy where, like having too many focus items, it can lower the challenge to the point where as a player I feel no sense of accomplishment or enjoyment. (Kind of like how vampires skilled in Sims 3, although, to be fair, I haven't played a club long enough to see if it's that fast.)  I can also see where it could be used for laughs, like forming a club that puts everyone in an silly outfit and makes them wander around town in it, but those are the sort of uses I'd only use once in a while rather than frequently. 

Perhaps it's just not suited to my play style. I freely admit I don't like socializing in this game except very firmly on my terms. I get annoyed when strangers come up to my sims and interrupt them on public lots, and sim behavior from visiting guests like raiding my fridge, making drinks on my bar, or worse, using my computer (a peeve in real life) drives me batty. In fact, I had a mod in for a while that prevented anyone, even relatives and full green best friends, from trying to visit me unless I invited them over, because it seemed like they'd try to visit constantly.

I do really like Windenburg and a lot of the new items and clothing. Maybe I haven't figured out a good way to use the clubs to do things I like yet. If they were more temporary I'd wonder if they could be used to better stage screen shots for stories, but I don't know if there are social consequences for forming and deleting throwaway clubs. I haven't messed around with the feature enough, because I don't really see long-term what any sims I'm playing would do in one that wouldn't be redundant with what they already do.  By that, I mean, they already have tons of focus items so a skill boost from a club because friends are visiting them doing what they are doing would just mean more sims in the way to me, with no positive to outweigh it. Unless the club does something extra other than making the skill grow even faster, which to me, I don't think is a good enough trade off.  I'm also not particularly interested in them having more friends or higher relationships with friends as a goal. It's nice when it happens, but not something I seek out, generally.

Just what I had in mind. Nicely written.

Offline mydogthesenator

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2016, 04:33:11 PM »
You are all giving me such good gameplay ideas!
I am really enjoying Get Together a lot more than i thought i would. I was disappointed when i saw that this was the next expansion but am pleasantly surprised and have to say i get it now! Windenburg is my favourite town so far and i have to say i have been playing for 2 days and i have covered about half of it. The way everything looks and the little touches are very nice, the lot with the hedgemaze (don't know the name) seems to have some stuff hiding in it though i haven't figured it out yet. I love the sound of the clock tower and the whole bayfront area is gorgeous with the water features.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2016, 04:38:44 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, @mydogthesenator! Actually, Get Together is the 2nd expansion pack. The first was Get to Work. Glad you're enjoying Get Together, though.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline mydogthesenator

• Nooboo
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2016, 06:06:14 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, @mydogthesenator! Actually, Get Together is the 2nd expansion pack. The first was Get to Work. Glad you're enjoying Get Together, though.
    thank you not sure why i typed that :) i fixed it.  and thanks so much for the welcome you're all so nice your the second person to welcome me.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 08:02:47 AM »
Then let me be the third to say welcome ;-) you can't go wrong on this forum. Everyone is so nice and helpful, from @Carl to the moderators to @Mrsflynn to all the "normal" members as well.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2016, 04:52:42 AM »
I absolutely love the feel of Windenburg. It is completely unique from other sims worlds and neighbourhoods. All the little details are just so perfect! I adore the narrow laneways, and the green ponds, and the surf and the sound of the waves... The variety from country to sea to town is outstanding, and doesn't compromise the oneness of all these scenes, and there is an amazing blend of heritage and modern buildings too.

I have made one sim and had her join the garden gnome club. I look forward to creating my own.