Author Topic: 2016 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 27468 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2016 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 09:34:05 AM »
I think what they are saying is that as long as you are playing from a legitimate IP address (like the one you would use with your home internet provider), you're fine. It's proxy servers that are forbidden. The rule is probably meant to keep people who have been banned from participating. They would have to set up a proxy in order to conceal who they really are. I think?

Correct. It's precisely why the rule was implemented.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »
Thank you @reggikko and @MarianT for clarifying. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »
Players can officially begin their scoring files for the first two events of the 2016 season in less than 3 days. I am excited. I hope you are too. :) Please look over the 2 rule sets one more time and ask any additional questions you may have.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 10:30:22 PM »
No Club content, so no dj booth, no dance floor, no belonging to a club, no going to one of their events/parties if invited, none of the perks?  All the above?  So might as well uninstall Get Together entirely? 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Randingo

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »
At the risk of appearing extremely dense, I have to ask, what is a'"fresh, Virgin, unaltered town"?? I have been playing Sims4 since the beginning, but never let my sims age, I add houses, sims, etc, whenever I like.
 how do I change to a "fresh, virgin, unaltered town" without losing All my other towns/sims??

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 05:48:02 AM »
No Club content, so no dj booth, no dance floor, no belonging to a club, no going to one of their events/parties if invited, none of the perks?  All the above?  So might as well uninstall Get Together entirely? 

We do allow DJ and dancing.  The clubs & its perks are just too powerful, think about it.  The career perk, the infinite no sleep perk, the skilling perk, the +3 aura perk, everything about club is just too much and too strong.  Removing clubs from challenges makes it fair for players that don't own this xpac.

We will have one challenge later this year that specifically tailor to clubs, but for now it is banned.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 05:56:01 AM »
At the risk of appearing extremely dense, I have to ask, what is a'"fresh, Virgin, unaltered town"?? I have been playing Sims4 since the beginning, but never let my sims age, I add houses, sims, etc, whenever I like.
 how do I change to a "fresh, virgin, unaltered town" without losing All my other towns/sims??

When you start up Sims 4, you will see on the top right there is a "plus" button, that means start a new game.  New game = fresh, virgin, unaltered town.  Once you start a new game, you cannot go and make changes as you see fit, cannot add houses, sims, etc.

For example: the new year resolution challenge, we only allow players to add one of the spa building - that's it.  Every challenge have specific rules, but if no buildings is mentioned, then that means you can't add anything at all. 

Your altered towns/sims, they are in a saved game correct?  Every time you load your saved game, you will have the alterations you make.  If you just hit the big green "play" button in the main menu, then your game will just load the previous game you have with the altered town/sims.  You want to make a new save for it, name it something so whenever you want to play with your altered town/sims, just load up that save game and play.  The load game button is also on the top right, next to the new game button.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Randingo

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »
Thanks Nutella! I'mlooking forward to giving this challenge a shot!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 03:48:01 PM »
I don't understand the whole IP address thing? I am here to play for fun and have nothing to hide; however I have many devices at home I could use to post and depending on the situation I may use something other than my home computer. Is that going to be an issue? I have been here for many years doing these challenges. Sadly I was unable to participate much last year but I am hoping to change that this year. I don't want to jeopardize that just because I used a device other than my home computer. Most of the time I use my home computer but on the occasion I am cutting it close to the end of a challenge I use my cell phone or whatever is available so I don't have to risk posting to late waiting for my home screen to load back up.

Also I have heard of the inventory exploit though I have never used it purposely. Sometimes I will reconfigure items in my inventory to make things easier to find. Other times I will switch items between sims to avoid them being used unexpectedly. Can I not do that anymore? Is there a way to avoid accidentally using this exploit? Also I know somethings if you have the items in your inventory already when the milestone becomes active it will already count them without your having to do anything is that an exploit or is it only if you are actively doing something to get them to count?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 04:16:52 PM »
MomOfMany - have no worries about your IP address. You're fine. As far as the inventory thing goes many of our challenges are single Sim events anyway, so that would be a non issue.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 06:06:55 PM »
The inventory exploit is mainly for The curator aspiration and collectibles whims. 

Example:
Curator -- collect 5 cyrstal
You can take one crystal, then move it in and out of inventory 5 times, you will complete that step (5/5).

Collectible whims, like collect a crystal worth 100 points.
You can take one crystal (that you collected before), move it in your inventory and it will complete the whim and get 100 points.

To avoid accidentally using this exploit, best way is cancel those collectible whims and not do the curator aspiration.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 10:35:37 PM »
This site is always amazing and really has been beneficial at both increasing my love for and my knowledge of the Sims through amazing competitive tourneys. Thank you everyone for such hard work. I have been struggling to keep as involved with Sims ever since Sims 2. I had a whole "dynasty" of my own built up around rotational play. I am finding this rotational play is one of the aspects I have missed the most. It may already be in the plans but just curious if there is any way to install this rotational play in some manner into a shorter tourney during the year. I am referring to the similar style of play as in rival dynasties. Thank you and just a suggestion!!!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 06:16:38 AM »
This site is always amazing and really has been beneficial at both increasing my love for and my knowledge of the Sims through amazing competitive tourneys. Thank you everyone for such hard work. I have been struggling to keep as involved with Sims ever since Sims 2. I had a whole "dynasty" of my own built up around rotational play. I am finding this rotational play is one of the aspects I have missed the most. It may already be in the plans but just curious if there is any way to install this rotational play in some manner into a shorter tourney during the year. I am referring to the similar style of play as in rival dynasties. Thank you and just a suggestion!!!

Oh, you can count on it if I know MarianT - she is the hands down rotation pro and incredibly creative with challenge ideas.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 09:40:49 AM »
I hope there's one with two families instead of three. It's just too much to keep up with for me. That said, great lien-up so far, I can't wait to see what's in store for February.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 10:01:31 AM »
I hope there's one with two families instead of three. It's just too much to keep up with for me.

Sounds like a possibility - maybe do a town takeover kind of thing with the two base game towns. You'd play one family in one town and then after a week switch to the other family in the other town. And maybe a spin on Marian's idea would be instead of pitting the families against each other you'd want to basically do as good as you can no matter what - your score would be combined values of both families. But, the team could set it up where perfect scores would be impossible in 6 weeks. You'd just try and do as much as you can.