Author Topic: Sims 3 - Aging bug  (Read 9826 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 3 - Aging bug
« on: November 13, 2010, 06:26:02 PM »
Has anyone noticed townie children not aging up since they installed Late Night?

I have a Sim in my dynasty game and he has been a child for the past three generations. He is not a vampire because he does not have that red glow around him in the relationship panel. I invited him to one party and all the other guests stood and booed at him.
Oh and before you ask he isn't listed as a paper boy or babysitter.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
Re: Aging bug
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »
Does he have a home?, or does he just drives into the sunset whenever he goes home and vanishes?.

Families that are "homeless" (and potentially, apartment-based families, haven't checked) don't age.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 08:12:02 PM »
I haven't noticed that with children, but I have found in my Dynasty game that I keep getting notices about the same people getting old and being about to die.  Used to be, you'd get that notice, then within a day or two there would be another notice that the person had died.  Now there are some names that keep coming up over and over - one I know has been popping up for at least 3 weeks, and he's still alive, according to my sim's relationship panel. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

winnow

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 10:46:24 AM »
Has anyone noticed townie children not aging up since they installed Late Night?

I have a Sim in my dynasty game and he has been a child for the past three generations. He is not a vampire because he does not have that red glow around him in the relationship panel. I invited him to one party and all the other guests stood and booed at him.
Oh and before you ask he isn't listed as a paper boy or babysitter.

Rachel

If the Sim should age, there are a few things you might try.

I had this problem with Tay Bayless. Everyone else has aged up properly so far in my game but it is a known problem with LN. I brought this up in the "problems with LN" thread here. (I play the Bayless family as well as the other families with kids or teens. So it's slightly different but I think it's probably the same bug.)

Several people have commented on this problem at the official forum. For some people, only custom Sims don't age up. For others, like me, it seems random. For others, no one will age up.

You can try deleting your cache files (compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simcompositorCache.package, and CASPartCache.package). That seems to have helped some people. (I do this fairly often anyway because I get fewer bugs when I do.) Some people also need to delete the DCCache folder. (I'd just rename it instead of deleting it in case you decide to put it back. )

Some people have solved the problem by deleting the above cache files (but not the DCCache for some) and adding the LN exe files to their Data Execution Prevention (DEP) list.

People whose playable Sims don't age can try using "testingcheatsenabled true" and then right clicking on the sim to trigger an age transition or "testingcheatsenabled true" and then typing resetsim [firstname] [lastname] (or resetSim or ResetSim) in the cheat box. Those things have worked for some people (but it seems like not for most people). I'd try that before the other solutions for a playable Sim, though.

All these things helped some people but not others. It seems like there are still a lot of people with the problem even after doing all those things. You may want to look at the official forum because there are threads about this problem there and someone may come up with a solution that will work for you.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »
I think next time I play I might just invite him round and age him up with a birthday cake. I had him targeted as a potential spouse for my second generation heiress she is now a grandmother and he is a child.
Still don't know why everyone was booing him though.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Crimson

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
Maybe they think he is a witch? Or someone from the exorcist?
anyone have a cybernations account message me at nation ruler is twelve

winnow

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »
I think next time I play I might just invite him round and age him up with a birthday cake. I had him targeted as a potential spouse for my second generation heiress she is now a grandmother and he is a child.
Still don't know why everyone was booing him though.

Rachel

I hope that works for you. I tried the birthday cake for Tay (and people with this problem at the official forum tried this first too). That's how I found out that Tay wouldn't age properly.

It's too bad that you couldn't hook him up with your heiress. And the booing seems puzzling.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 04:24:37 PM »
Apologies for reviving a rather ancient thread.  I was about to start a thread with the same name when I found this one and figured we didn't really need two threads with the same name.

I've just noticed some very erratic aging things going on in my Flowers Waiting for Grim household.  There are 3 people in that household:  Leo, a Young Adult who moved over from another game and whose "real" age should be near the top of the YA range; and Marigold and Sunflower, elder twins, whose "real" age should be about 3 - 4 weeks into the Elder stage (on Long lifespan).  A few days ago I noticed that Marigold was 5 or 6 days older than Sunflower and almost at the top of the Elder range.  I'm not ready for her to die yet, so I turned off aging while I considered what to do.  Today is the first time I've played the game since turning off aging.  Here's what I found:  Sunflower, who was 5 or 6 days younger than Marigold, is now 19 days older than her sister.  Marigold is right back at the beginning of the Elder stage, Sunflower is around the middle.  And Leo is back to the beginning of the YA stage.  I've turned off aging in other games and I'm sure it never changed the Sims' ages like this.

I know from the Dynasty stories that others have had strange aging things, but I don't remember hearing of this particular sort of thing before.  Is this something others have been experiencing, or is this some new kind of aging bug that came along with Generations or the patch?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »
Moving this to Miscellaneous Help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 11:13:36 AM »
Seems I've got this bug now. No one in town is aging up anymore.
It's like some one dumped a Age Freeze Potion in the towns water supply.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 03:38:37 AM »
Seems I've got this bug now. No one in town is aging up anymore.
It's like some one dumped a Age Freeze Potion in the towns water supply.

Absolutely nobody is aging?  Even adults?  Did you happen to turn off aging under Options and not realize it?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 07:31:14 AM »
Yea, No one in town is aging up.
When I first noticed it I checked to make sure aging as turned on and even changed it to a different life span. From normal (90 days) to short (26 days). And after running for 2 more sims weeks no one still hadn't aged up or died of old age.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »
Well, Grimsoul, for centuries people have been searching for the secret of immortality, and you appear to have found it.  Too bad it's only in Sims!  But seriously, is this happening just in this one particular game?  Have you tried other games to see if aging is working normally there?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 09:36:39 AM »
Grimsoul, I more lean towards the theory that (if it's only that save file exclusive) your file is corrupted. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Frey

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
I think I have the bug but I'm not sure. I have two twin teenagers in Riverview. One of them aged up tu adult yesterday, but the other one still says "10 days until birthday" or something. He actually hasn't aged up a single day, since my game is configured so that teen age will be exactly 10 days long. Really weird, I think I will have to cheat to make him age up. He is meant to marry her sister's imaginary friend hehe.

anything