Author Topic: Wood Working Table  (Read 3108 times)

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Wood Working Table
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:27:05 PM »
Hi, I hope this is the right place to put this. I'm wondering if our sims are supposed to make the same amount of money selling the items as it costs to make them? I've never really paid attention to this, but so far, my sim has made the bar stool and the mirror and they sell for exactly the same amount of money that it costs to make them. I always thought that the items sold for a bit more, but maybe I'm wrong?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Wood Working Table
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 11:46:08 PM »
I might depend on your skill level also. I started a new sim and the first few bar stools she made sold the what they cost to make $15 but the first one she made at level 3 handiness skill sold for $30.

Edit to add the ones that sold at cost was okay quality and the one that sold for double was good quality. So quality may improve as your skill does.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 12:02:20 AM »
She is handiness 3 now and I had her make a mirror and it did sell for $175 so I guess I was kind of panicking too soon, lol

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 12:38:43 AM »
I hadn't noticed before and I use the woodworking table with a lot of sims. But starting out I usually just make sculptures instead of furniture. I don't think I've ever had sculptures sell for cost but furniture is better for making money until you can learn to make the camping mascot from Outdoor Retreat.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 02:35:21 PM »
I think Okay sculptures and furniture sell for the cost of materials; Good sell for double, and Excellent sell for quadruple. The camping mascot is an exception -- it can sell for $3000+, especially if your sim has the Marketable reward and is Focused.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 09:52:25 PM »
Marketable also make the value quite random but you will always get more. I actually enjoy woodworking as secondary money maker since while the money I got did not reach the level of painting / writing, it was far more beneficial rather than writing songs and hacking.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 11:14:49 PM »
If you make furniture, it should also be noted, that it's usually more comfortable than the furniture, in build mode. If you have the time to make it, you might want to replace whatever you are using for dining chairs & sell off your original chairs, one by one, then later replace whatever you're using for a dining table. After you've done this, you might be at a skill level, where you can get more from selling the furniture. It also takes a while, before making furniture stops hurting you.

Whenever you make a chair that's more comfortable than the one that you're using, sell the one that you're using & keep the comfy chair. This will keep your guests pleased. Crafted items seem to take a little less time to construct, than paintings take to paint. The profit isn't as big initially, though. I usually max painting first, and let it support me, while I learn & level crafting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything