Author Topic: death  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Shay

• Townie
death
« on: January 22, 2016, 05:19:16 PM »
My oldest sim is about to die. I placed a cemetery but am not sure I can place him there after he dies. How do I change a lot to community so I can?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: death
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 06:54:59 PM »
You can place his urn into your sims personal inventory and then visit any community lot and either drag it out of his inventory or place it in the world. The way to change a lot is through the Manage Worlds menu and build on lot but unless you specifically want to do this there is no need to just to place an urn.

Manage Worlds>click on the community lot you want to change>bottom right of screen click on hammer icon>wait for community lot to load>top at middle of screen 'Lot info Panel'> Then click on the venue type, e.g. pool and a drop down menu of all the lot types will open up. Choose the one you want and take it from there. You will need to place the appropriate items for a new lot to be open so that sims can visit it. The game gives you a check list to help with this.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 07:09:25 PM »
Thank you. It seems to me that EA has made it harder and harder to personalize your world. One thing I really liked about Sim 2 was how easy it was to make my won community. I do wish there were more lots to place and or play on. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 07:31:23 PM »
I guess it is because of all the multi-tasking and the programming behind this. If you look at how much programming goes into one simple action then I guess it makes sense that lots have to have certain items to function correctly.

I wish there were more empty lots in Windenburg as I hate evicting sims! I know I could use Newcrest but I don't really use that world at all in any of my games.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 05:53:10 AM »
Well, my sim passed away. It was quite sad. I placed a cemetary on one of my empty lots and it worked to place her there. Thank you all for all your help.  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
You're welcome. I mostly play with aging off these days as I am way too attached to my sims! Glad that it worked out for you Shay.  :)

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 09:40:43 AM »
@Playalot
Any idea how I can locate the tombstones/urns of townie elders who died? I only got the urn of one sim who died during my sim's birthday party. I wanted to create a community cemetery. I kinda want the history of the people living/dying together with my sim family.

I had to stop playing tonight...I'm becoming too sad. Don and Jazmin are elders now. It's breaking my heart. This will be the first time I have a sim death. Every time Grim stalks the gym...ugh, I start to panic.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
@Indira if the townies have died 'off screen' while none of your sims were on the same lot then a urn isn't generated.  :( Sometimes in a long game the ghosts of townies show up in the game again a while later but that doesn't really help you in your quest to make a cemetery. I still remember my first favorite sims death... ugh. Not a happy moment.

@JulianneALee yes townies die of old age when aging is turned on.  If you are on the lot at the time, either a residential lot or a community lot, then an urn is generated as Grim reaps them.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 05:39:57 PM »
I hate to admit it but, it kinda made me cry. I love my sims. I am trying to have 10 (or more) generations and death is part of it. I am having so much fun with my famillies. I now have three that I am playing. Can anyone say addicted, lol

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 06:34:34 PM »
Aww I know... I might have done the same *cough*.  I'm addicted and proud of it!  ;)

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »
I want to post a screen shot but I have not figured out how. I have read all the directions and am still so confused. lol that happens alot.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 07:41:02 PM »
I did it, yeah. so fricken happy

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 02:00:51 AM »
Thanks Playalot. Too bad about the tombstones. I'll work out a way to get their urns.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 12:57:14 PM »
Thanks