Author Topic: Sim and NPC frozen but time still progressing  (Read 1205 times)

Offline sphalen88

• Nooboo
Sim and NPC frozen but time still progressing
« on: February 26, 2016, 11:08:47 AM »
Hey all! My first post here! I took a break from The Sims for a while, but came back to it yesterday. After playing for a bit, I remembered why I took a break from it. I noticed this issue mainly while at a community lot or while at work. After being at work a little bit, I will assign tasks to my sim and they will show up in the queue and time will continue to pass, but my sim and all of the NPCs will not move, talk, or do anything. It's like they're all frozen in place. Once the work day is over, my sim will go home and all will be fine. I have no idea what's going on.

Please forgive me if this has already been posted, I searched but couldn't find this issue.
Thanks! :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim and NPC frozen but time still progressing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 04:15:05 PM »
hi sphalen88, welcome to the forum. This is a game bug that can be caused by the sim in question changing emotions, having a large inventory stuffed full of items etc. So... if your sim has many items in your inventory empty out as much as possible, it is always a bit tricky as often your sim needs certain items for their career or skill but try using the chests that came as a free gift recently or the fridge etc.

The best thing to do next is the delete your cache files, then repair your game. Then play your game for a while to see if it is still happening. If the freezing is still occuring, post back and we can try a few different things to clear it up.  :)

Deleting cache files

Repairing your game
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.