Author Topic: Looking for a Challenge? Join the Club!  (Read 22036 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Looking for a Challenge? Join the Club!
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2016, 01:54:45 AM »
Why am i always late in these challenges.
I love playing them, but time always seem to slip :)

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2016, 08:14:08 PM »
Willow Bradshaw is off to enjoy a very quiet adulthood... after running away with 55 banners!

Now I need to go practice cooking (and fishing and gardening). I don't usually grow/fish for my own ingredients either, so that will be quite the challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 02:11:50 AM »
Great score Minnie!!! :-)

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
Thanks Makenzie! I was pleasantly surprised - in my practice runs I always ended up right around your score, give or take 1-2 banners. It just happened to be a really good run.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2016, 06:30:56 PM »
I finished with 23 club banners. It was harder than I thought, then again I didn't do a practice run. Almost managed to get 24, but unfortunately I was too late. Fun challenge! :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2016, 09:49:59 AM »
Clubber Lang came out of boxing retirement briefly to participate and scored 26 banners. "I pity the fool who thinks he can get more club banners than me." Well, Clubber the list keeps getting longer. Lol.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2016, 02:27:21 PM »
I thought clubbing was supposed to be fun, but turned out to be stressing to get this done in the end.
Think i might have to much work lately.

But we ended up with 40 nice club banners :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2016, 05:23:12 PM »
I really enjoyed this challenge.  There was a lot of variety.  My Sim collected 23 banners.
Cynthia

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2016, 08:04:59 PM »
My sim finished with 55 club banners

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2016, 10:00:37 PM »
Great challenge; kudos to the team! I've never done anything with clubs before and have certainly never come this close to the wire on a challenge game.  Be that as it may, Farfalla Travolgente collected 32 club banners and is now ready to become a hermit.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2016, 10:38:34 PM »
Finished with 41 banners.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2016, 05:50:16 AM »
This challenge is now closed. It happens very rarely but sometimes there is a tie for first place, and that's what happened here - great job to both Minnie Mouse and thekatie0409. 20 participants in all - a highlight for me was seeing former challenge team member Rica resurface to lock horns with everyone and give this event a try.

Thanks for participating, everyone. You can now share strategy.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2016, 10:16:57 AM »
Congratulations, Minnie Mouse and thekatie0409!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2016, 11:13:46 AM »
Thanks MarianT! I’m super excited!! And now I will try to explain my strategy... It’s all pretty complicated, so I apologize for the post length in advance.

1 - I joined the Paragons first and didn’t disband them until finishing the 17 other groups. Why? Because they have a club perk that gives increased relationships with all Sims (i.e. much easier and faster to convince leaders to step down).

2 - Took a page out of Nutella’s book from the Writing challenge and focused on building Charisma and getting LOTS of aspiration points before focusing on the joining/leading/disbanding clubs cycle. I remembered that she did this with cooking, so I thought... why not charisma? Thanks Nutella :)

3 - This allowed me to purchase the Never Weary trait by Tuesday. More clubbing if you don’t have to sleep! I later got the Hardly Hungry trait as well, but that took a little longer.

4 - Also, during the first couple of days, I focused on meeting and building relationships with Sims who were leaders of other groups. That way when I later joined their group I could immediately convince them to step down.

5 - ALWAYS have a group gathering going. Especially when you are meeting new people/building charisma. And even when you’re asleep. Groups like the Upper Crusts and Mixing Crew are great for this because they will hang out at your house and garner lots of points while you sleep!

6 - On Tuesday of the first week after purchasing Never Weary, I dove full on into the formulaic cycle of Join Group > Convince Leader to Step Down > Get Group Points > Buy Banner > Disband > Repeat. Since I already had at least some relationship with every leader (a little from the Paragons perk, and often more from prior interaction over the past couple of days), I could often convince a leader step down immediately.

7 - After I had disbanded 17 clubs, I finally disbanded Paragons. No more use for them because I am automatically the leader of all future groups. I think I disbanded Paragons on the 2nd Tuesday, giving me 11 days left for new groups.

8 - Created groups with three activities. Activity #1 = something easy to achieve (Eat, Swim Watch TV, etc). Activity #2 = something it would be hard to do or my Sim really can’t do (Look for Frogs, Fix Objects, Do Homework, etc). Activity #3 = a middle-of-the-road activity, something you can do but it’s a little inconvenient (Write, Use Microscope, Wander Maze, etc.). This way, you can cycle through all the unique activities without getting stuck with a really bad grouping that takes forever to finish.

9 - Groups with smaller memberships (like the one lone townie who knew Gourmet Cooking) get easier activities. Like Sleeping. Sleeping accrues points remarkably fast. Who knew?

10 - As I started running out of unique group requirements, I would use a related activity in my current group to get to the skill level need to form the next group. For example, if I wanted my next group to require Programming Level 2, one of my current group’s activities would be programming. 

After disbanding the 18th game-spawned club, I was able to continuously form and disband clubs in about 6-8 hours, depending on the club activities selected. I don’t think I could have done more than 55 very easily because I had used up all the unique requirements except those associated with age/money/traits/marital status that I did not qualify for and careers/skills that my townie friends did not have. I probably would have had to go meet more townies to try to find someone (anyone?!) with the Herbalism skill, Doctor career, or something like that. But I finished group #55 at 6 AM on the last Sunday and she aged up at 8 AM, so no worries there.

I think that’s it. Hopefully that all makes sense. Sorry for the length. Like I said… kind of complex. But I’m really excited to have tied for 1st! Congrats to thekatie0409. I can’t wait to hear if your strategy was similar to mine or very different. :)   

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2016, 11:17:23 AM »
Awesome strategy Minnie Mouse

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

anything