Author Topic: Any way to keep roofs from turning?  (Read 3422 times)

Offline NanoSeven

• Llama Wrangler
Any way to keep roofs from turning?
« on: April 12, 2016, 02:16:37 PM »
Hi all you awesome builders!

I've got an extended entryway on the front of my home and I'm trying to add a modern half gable roof over the entire 3 (deep) by 4 (wide) but for the life of me, I can't get it to work because it keeps wanting to turn to either forward facing or backward facing.  Is there any key/cheat/something I'm forgetting to keep the roof from turning when I place it?

Sorry if it's been asked before and I just missed the post, but I did go over the roof building guide, tips, etc., as well as digging several pages into the general posts but didn't see what I was looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.  (could have sworn I've done this same thing several times in the past)  I've deleted/hammered all existing roofs and there's nothing overhead, as I'm still building on the first floor of the home.

N7

Offline Clarrkeyy

• Nooboo
Re: Any way to keep roofs from turning?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »
Hi!

Unfortunately this is one of the big problems that the Sims3 roofing tools had, (amongst many others) to which there isn't really a solution. Some roof pairs like the tall gable and the regular gable will rotate in perpendicular directions, but there isn't a counterpart to the half gable. Sometimes starting from a different corner can change the direction, but there doesn't seem to be a fixed rule: in my experience it's just down to luck.

If you really can't get it to rotate how you want it to, but you still really want the roof and don't want to change the design/shape of the room, you could go to the extreme of building a slope using CFE on top.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let me know how it goes though!

Happy Simming,

Clarrkeyy :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.