Author Topic: Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!  (Read 28235 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2016, 11:00:52 AM »
I didn't get one of the higher scores, but I did have my thief boost Wellness high enough to be able to teleport beyond the barriers in the Von Haunt Estate and steal a painting worth either $8000 or $7500 (can't remember now). He left the portraits of the ghostly couple, though.

So many high scores. I'm thinking that many of this challenge's contenders should seriously consider quitting their day jobs! lol

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2016, 11:39:10 AM »
I didn't need teleport.  The 3 paintings from VonHaunt were just from stealing it on the wall, walk up close to it and steal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 11:55:47 AM »
I didn't need teleport.  The 3 paintings from VonHaunt were just from stealing it on the wall, walk up close to it and steal.
I tried that, but then my sim tried to walk outside. Same thing for the high value painting at the gohts I believe. I thought it wasn't possible

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2016, 12:08:28 PM »
I tried that, but then my sim tried to walk outside. Same thing for the high value painting at the gohts I believe. I thought it wasn't possible

For the painting at the Goth's you had to steal the sofa first, then the painting.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2016, 12:14:54 PM »

For the painting at the Goth's you had to steal the sofa first, then the painting.
Ah yeah, that makes sense

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 12:53:10 PM »
Hmmm, I couldn't reach the painting between the ghosts' portraits without teleporting.  Maybe I was at the wrong spot.
Oooh, stealing the sofa first at the Goths! It never occurred to me and so my sim kept running outside.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 12:56:27 PM »
I didn't think to steal the sofa either. And although my sim could teleport, she still couldn't get past the barrier ropes in the Von Haunt house.

Great work, Nutella!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 04:00:57 PM »
Congratulations Nutella! Excellent score!

I got about half way through my first practice run and realized I needed a better strategy than just stealing whatever was handy at the time. So before starting my scoring file, I visited each property in build mode and cased the joint, listing all the more expensive items on a spreadsheet. I included the town, property name, household name, description and value. For the larger houses, I also include the floor and room where the item was located. Then I sorted it by value, highest to lowest. It took a bit of time to do this, but I found the list invaluable once I started my scoring file. It was a simple matter to check my list to know where I needed to go next.

I did build a very tiny house, but in hindsight I shouldn’t have spent the money on it since I was rarely home. I also paid my bills like a good citizen, but I shouldn’t have done that either. It just never occurred to me not to.  My overall strategy was very similar to Nutella’s, leveling my mischief while I waited out the time until I could swipe my next item, hitting up the community lots on the off hours, luring people outside to stargaze and then sneaking back into the house to steal their valuables.  It was frustrating not to be able to get into the unoccupied houses, knowing there were $10,000 and $4,000 computers in the Springscape property, and an $8,200 Suit of Armor and $7,500 painting in the Yuma Heights property that I couldn't steal. This was a very fun challenge.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 05:17:57 PM »
I did similiar to Nutella.  Did level yoga ( no meditation makes the moodlets last longer including the exhilarated ) because there was one painting in the Von Haunt Estate I couldn't get without it over by the Mimsy/Bernard portraits.  Teleporting in somewhere required hitting a very specific spot in certain rooms and didn't work in all of them. 

For my main strategy.  I literally started a new game (testing file), placed a person, gave them klepto then didn't play them but instead went into every location on every map and picked/ looked for items.  Placing them all in a spreadsheet by how much they were worth and then sorting so I had a planned schedule of what needed to go first.  Like the knights 8200, coral-land garden 7500, viva more landscape ( i think, 8000).  Though I think it wasn't mentioned the 4000 painting (Portrait of a marriage) that looks like king henry getting married.  I found it at the Villareal, Shrieking Llama and a few other places. 

I got really lucky in my file and because I chose the 1500 lot in Oasis Springs (on purpose) and then spent time at the Landgraabs (on purpose) to make sure that people would move in to that neighborhood first.  I had people move into the Springscape (Across from Roomies)for an extra 10k worth computer.   

What I hated most about this challenge was not being able to use the Reward Store for anything.  I'm so used to being able to use something that the fact that my sim had to pee was annoying to me. Also really wanted the Always Welcome trait so bad just so I could sleep without them getting mad at me.  Though Alexander Goth never seemed to realize I was in his room. (Cordelia bed!)   I got caught twice but luckily was able to just hang out in a bathroom really quick and talk myself out of it so I only lost like a Sims hour or so on my hectic schedule.   

There is also a 7500 painting in one of the retail locations I was able to steal as it wasn't for sale.  And one time I paid bills by accident.  I was trying to do something on the phone and instead there went like 1400.  I did manage to never have to cook for myself which was really nice.  Though apparently Mortimer Goth doesn't know how to not call people to meal!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:21 PM »
I didn't know about the teleportation with the wellness skill. Another lesson learned :-)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2016, 09:46:15 PM »
Though I think it wasn't mentioned the 4000 painting (Portrait of a marriage) that looks like king henry getting married.  I found it at the Villareal, Shrieking Llama and a few other places. 

My mistake.  I did have the paintings, just listed them wrong under computer since they were the same value.

Computer ($4000) - BFF, Pancakes, Goth, KimLewis(2), Roomies, Landgraab(2), Caliente, Munch, Villareal, Partihaus, Behr, Bar, Library(7)
is actually
Painting ($4000) - Goth, Villareal, Bar (only found 3)

There are 4 paintings worth stealing from VonHaunt Estate, 3 of them easily accessible without teleport, only one painting I didn't manage to steal without teleport (behind ropes).  Did not make any test file or spreadsheet or list of items.  I just memorize all the expensive items and hit house to house, didn't realize there is one painting in VonHaunt I couldn't get to until it was too late.  I visit all the houses in one world, then move on to the next and then the next.  I didn't steal anything below $4000 at first, but realize I had a lot of time left and didn't have enough $4000 items worth to steal, so I went back to do my rotation on every house and started stealing $3000+ worth of items.  On the last day, I started stealing pianos instead because I ran out of stuff to steal.  Obviously I missed quite a few pricey items (one in VonHaunt, one knight in park). 

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2016, 01:03:43 AM »
My strategy was too similar to report in detail but I feel compelled to share a bit of winging it that my husband found so amusing, i.e. while trying to steal one of the expensive computers from the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household, I cleared the room with a noxious cloud, courtesy of her mischief skill's being high enough for an expensive computer theft's even being an option.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2016, 12:01:20 AM »
First of all I personally want to clone Nutella's brain.  She always amazes me with her strategies.  Congratulations.

This is the first challenge I've done where I actually was rather proud of my strategy, and really, the first time I actually was able to strategize.  I just don't think that way.  Like so many others, I "cased the joint" first in each and every building possible, wrote down each item, it's value and where it was.  I missed a few obvious ones, (drat).  Unlike others, I bought a "home".  A tent and a portable shower.  Homeowners don't fuss if you use their sink or jon but they aren't fond of you cooking in the kitchen, (grill is fine!), use their beds, showers or tubs.  So parked myself in every house I was going to rob using my own facilities, which they ignored, (although sometimes they wanted to sleep with me), and was able to use their computers and selves to raise up mischief in between stealing and/or taking care of needs.  I bought same cheapo lot in Oasis Springs just because you had to have one but you don't pay bills with a tent and shower.  At least I didn't.  The Goths were more of a pain because of no computer for trolling teh forum but I caught on right away, (after the first try at stealing that painting!), that you had to steal the sofa.  I was disappointed you couldn't steal the "Butler" or the big statue in Granite Falls, (waste of time!).  I know where and how I could have done better but not too shabby for me.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery