Author Topic: Dine Out - First Impression  (Read 6870 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Dine Out - First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
Sometimes, I have my main 8 Sim household, which includes 2 children all go to their 9 restaurants, and everyone greets/checks on customers and cleans up tables.  The children can't do that, but they can recommend a dish to customers.  I also have at least a bedroom with a few toys for the family and another one for a few tired staff members. 

Dine out is a great pack :)!

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26679.0
you can see my favorite of my restaurants (scroll down to the bottom of the page) --- it is really unique.  It is called Mount Washington Seafood, and it's modeled after the Mount Washington Hotel in New Hampshire.  It's in the gallery.

Offline -Captain-

• Nooboo
Re: Dine Out - First Impression
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 08:50:29 AM »
I'm unimpressed. Don't get me wrong it's a nice pack and I had a blast building my own little restaurant and currently I am having a lot of fun running t, but it's not what I hoped it would be.

The waiters seem to have a hard time doing their job correctly. Something about it just doesn't fully fuction. I see it happening in my game and I see it happening in Youtube videos. They take way to long taking orders. Like they stand together and don't do anything. Cleaning is an absolute mess in the restaurants. Even if your own Sim does it. They take the stuff, but in the middle of cleaning they decide to stop and put all the dirty dishes either on the ground or on one of the tables (with costumers lol).

And the obvious limitations being the manager brings. Seems like a last minute addition to the pack and it really just seems like a mod to me. It works. It's fun for a while, but I can't imagine this is what many people hoped for when thinking about running a restaurant. Though then you have to remember it isn't an expansion, but a game pack. So I honestly can't complain about the given content and the price tag. I mean in the retail store I can take up multiple jobs as well? Owning multiple stores and basically having your own franchise is nice for legacy play.

I just wish it was a little bit more. Especially because I liked the way you could run your restaurant in the Sims 2. Sadly enough it just seems like a huge step back for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dadjokes502

• Nooboo
Re: Dine Out - First Impression
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 07:55:14 PM »
Started a little 1 floor restaurant with patio  I got to 4.5 stars.
The game play is tedious and you’re always moving.
The cooks were okay but my wait staff and the host were the problem.
Waiters would stand around and I wish host could let patrons seat themselves.
I’d have a pile people at restaurants opening.

Good game play but I got tired of going back home all the time.
I’d like to be able to make it a job with a schedule so that I could be consistent and have free time.
My mark up was 300% but I couldn’t fill the place up.
Good game 7/10

anything