Author Topic: The Parisshian Legacy (of sorts) - Heir #?!?! 30.10.2016 *update*  (Read 15820 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Parisshian Legacy (of sorts) - Heir #?!?! 30.10.2016 *update*
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2016, 10:34:02 PM »
Ok, so, now we have an Heir, Brandy. But, I'm busy with the Tournament Finale, so, it's probably gonna be a bit before I actually start updating you on her life :-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2016, 02:14:29 AM »
Hi all

Just a little note to say that I'm still going to continue with this (how could I leave someone as awesome as Brandy, hanging). I'm just having a few mental health issues, so getting up the motivation to play for anything other than "fun", really isn't working for me... I tried taking screenshots in my SanM test file and I just... couldn't! Every shot was lack luster and eventually I just gave up. I'm will try to get an update up before or just after New Year, but, don't hold me too that. It sucks being nuts :-(

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2016, 08:43:56 AM »
Awww, Magpie! I'm sad to hear that you're not feeling motivated.
If your legacy isn't working to raise your "Fun meter," though, you should definitely do something else that does.
Just don't delete your screenshots--another day, you can go back and perhaps think of something new to say about them.

My screenshots are usually boring and I struggle to find things for my sims to do. What can I say? There's just so much to do with a family of sims...
But I push on anyway--even though I'm not a great storyteller--because I'm fascinated by simgenetics and in love with my sims. Also, the gen8 girls will all be teens soon.

Your friends on this forum (including me, of course) will enjoy reading and viewing whatever you post. <3 <3 <3

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2016, 09:01:37 AM »
Thanks so much! I really appreciate all the friends I have here (yourself included).

And you are not a bad writer! Get that idea out of your head! You wouldn't have had so many of us following you from story to story if you were!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »
Hey! Just wanted to add my cheers of support. Playing for fun is awesome, too, and taking care of yourself is the best thing ever. I'll be happy to read more about Karda and Brandy whenever you're ready to write it. Hugs!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »
So I thought I'd update y'all on the (sort of) progress towards the next chapter. I've basically been playing just to get to Brandy's YA birthday (yes, and Gael's too sheesh). I want to start the next chapter from when she takes over. I think there will be a bit of catch up to now portion in that chapter, since, being Sims, a couple interesting things did happen.

Now, y'all know I'm planning on Brandy becoming a "new" Founder, due to starting Karda and Joaquin on the road to Legacy-ville only in their adult "years". Well, I have a couple ideas about that...

First: I can move Brandy and co (basically, anyone who decides they want to join her) out of the house and into the Legacy lot in Newcrest, and reduce their finances to a more "realistic" 20K or something (before building the new home) I mean, she is technically Gen 2, so some money would have been acquired by her YA birthday, right? So, the rest of the Parisshians will stay behind in the amazing house I (sort of/partially) built...

Second: I can leave Brandy in the amazing house, and just move out those people who would have been left behind in the first scenario. I'll then reduce all their lovely top-of-the-line items down to the bare bones (and get rid of 2 of the 3 nanocans). And then reduce their running funds to say, 2K?

Third: I can leave Brandy and everyone in the house and play as if I started with a "normal" founder (technically I did, but, if it hadn't been for the Tournament Challenge, Karda would not have amassed as much wealth) so the items will all stay the same.

Fourth: I can leave everyone in the house and do the reductions as in the second option...

And lastly: I can move EVERYONE out of the house and into Newcrest and start them off with only 20K?

Any input you have for me will be great. I'm really stuck and can't decide what I want to do!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2017, 10:54:47 AM »
Oh, I thought of a fifth option: move everyone into Newcrest with the obscene amount of money they would get from selling the house (and possibly the furniture too)?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2017, 02:09:50 AM »
Do whatever you want to do deary. I'm just happy to read about it! =D

Whatever you would find the *most* fun to play is my vote. ;D

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2017, 04:18:59 AM »
@Magpie2012
I agree with @LivvieLove
Rather than thinking about what would "make sense" or "be fair," I think you should choose the option that would give you the most incentive to play your legacy family.
I say choose the option that makes you feel the most excited to play.  :D

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2017, 09:00:59 PM »
I'm going to jump in and third the "do what is most fun for you" vote. Playing out of obligation is a bummer. If you like to build, I say move 'em and build a new house, but if you love the house you have, I say stay. If you enjoy the struggle of achieving greatness with poor sims then cheat their money away, and if you enjoy the luxury of buying your sims whatever they want then keep the money.

I'm just excited to see what Brandy gets up to next!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2017, 01:57:25 AM »
You guys are so amazing! I really need to think about this. I do love the house, but it's also a bit of a rabbit warren... Right now I'm just motoring to get B aged up lol.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2017, 11:17:49 PM »
@Magpie2012

Hope you are well, friend.  Just dropped to say hello and... *waves my Team Brandy flag
I miss you.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2017, 08:53:58 PM »
@oshizu hi my lovely friend. Things have been crazy lately. I've been busy trying to build Brandy the perfect home to grow her family, and I got sidetracked into downloading a bunch of @sdhoey rooms and houses off the Gallery lol

This segued into me trying to make my own "cluttered" rooms (I very seldom use the decor items, and never ones like the loo paper roll or the bric a brac items) it's kinda fun lol I think I might have got a tad carried away and distracted, since I've only completed about half the house inside lol but, the 3 porch areas are done, as are the Master bedroom, Master bath, guest loo, and. Second bedroom's en suite. I've also completed the kitchen and the dining room. That leaves a huge foyer, a living room and a study. As well as the outside landscaping... I'm excited, but also sad, since I know my laptop specs will never let me use the house lol I might have to *gasp* use my desktop PC instead!!! The horror 😱

Anyway, thanks for missing me, I've been missing y'all like mad too! I promise I'll be back in action as soon as RL quietens down some. Love you much <3