Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 131625 times)

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2017, 12:57:46 AM »
Hi everyone. I just wanted to know: Can I use the "group" interaction on other people's homes?

Thanks!

ilovethesims

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2017, 07:26:32 PM »
You may not use the "group" function on the home lot. Community lots are allowed, though. I guess the homes of other Sims are not specifically forbidden.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2017, 11:35:58 PM »
Considering doing one of these...eventually.  Question on the specifics interpretation of a term from the rules.

3. Marry and move in with a childless, unmarried Sim living in one of the towns.

The "unmarried" part is my inquiry.  If my founder was single gal, romanced a married fellow and convinced said fellow to leave his partner, that fellow would then become technically "unmarried." 

Example, Don Lothario as founder convinces Bella Goth to leave Mortimer.  Can Don then move in to the Goth mansion and marry Bella who is now "unmarried?"

(And yes, I'm asking because I have a specific pairing in mind because of the pollinating efforts from my IDC)

EDIT:  That example was horrible because Bella already has children and is an ineligible spouse.  Let's pretend I said Don romances Eliza Pancakes and gets her to divorce poor Bob.  Eliza now being "unmarried" becomes Don's spouse and he moves in.  Legal?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2017, 07:33:16 AM »
Considering doing one of these...eventually.  Question on the specifics interpretation of a term from the rules.

3. Marry and move in with a childless, unmarried Sim living in one of the towns.

The "unmarried" part is my inquiry.  If my founder was single gal, romanced a married fellow and convinced said fellow to leave his partner, that fellow would then become technically "unmarried." 

Example, Don Lothario as founder convinces Bella Goth to leave Mortimer.  Can Don then move in to the Goth mansion and marry Bella who is now "unmarried?"

(And yes, I'm asking because I have a specific pairing in mind because of the pollinating efforts from my IDC)

EDIT:  That example was horrible because Bella already has children and is an ineligible spouse.  Let's pretend I said Don romances Eliza Pancakes and gets her to divorce poor Bob.  Eliza now being "unmarried" becomes Don's spouse and he moves in.  Legal?

Sorry, Pippin, no. But if you want that pairing, you can move in your pollinator and send him off to produce a child from the Mrs. Actually, I would recommend using pollinators in this -- your population might get sparse around Gen 6 or 7.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »

Sorry, Pippin, no. But if you want that pairing, you can move in your pollinator and send him off to produce a child from the Mrs. Actually, I would recommend using pollinators in this -- your population might get sparse around Gen 6 or 7.
Okay.  That's what I figured the intent of the rule was, but thought I'd clarify.
The idea of just setting up the pollinating is a good suggestion and probably indicates exactly where my focus will go on free days  ;=)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2017, 05:07:39 PM »
I've never really used the wishing well before so I am a bit fuzzy about what constitutes a successful wish. I wished for baby and was told my sim was guaranteed conceiving on the next try. Does this count as a success?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2017, 05:50:49 PM »
I've never really used the wishing well before so I am a bit fuzzy about what constitutes a successful wish. I wished for baby and was told my sim was guaranteed conceiving on the next try. Does this count as a success?

Yes. Any wish you make counts because the consequences can be so bad. For example, sometimes your Sim can wish for money with 100 simoleons and get a good sum, but sometimes the Well will decide that 100 simoleons is too much and take it all away. And you probably know that some wishes can lead to death.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »

Yes. Any wish you make counts because the consequences can be so bad. For example, sometimes your Sim can wish for money with 100 simoleons and get a good sum, but sometimes the Well will decide that 100 simoleons is too much and take it all away. And you probably know that some wishes can lead to death.

Great to know!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
Does -1 for passing out include toddlers?  But a toddler using their diaper or having a dirty diaper wouldn't count as bladder failure?

Thanks
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2017, 08:34:19 PM »
Does -1 for passing out include toddlers?  But a toddler using their diaper or having a dirty diaper wouldn't count as bladder failure?

Thanks

Toddlers don't have bladder failures counted against them. I've never seen a toddler pass out -- usually they crawl into their bed either to sleep or nap. If one does pass out, I think that might count as a point against your Sim for taking it somewhere where there's nothing for the toddler to sleep on.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2017, 02:21:50 AM »

Thanks

Toddlers don't have bladder failures counted against them. I've never seen a toddler pass out -- usually they crawl into their bed either to sleep or nap. If one does pass out, I think that might count as a point against your Sim for taking it somewhere where there's nothing for the toddler to sleep on.
I've had a toddler pass out once (with the music and the red z) otherwise they just crash and nap on the floor if nohing is close enough.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2017, 07:40:39 AM »

Thanks

I've had a toddler pass out once (with the music and the red z) otherwise they just crash and nap on the floor if nohing is close enough.

I think that would count as a -1 (but if you didn't count it, it's not a failure).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2017, 07:43:43 AM »
I added the following to the rules:

-1 point for every bladder failure. (Toddlers exempt).

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2017, 09:52:10 AM »
Yeah, my toddlers pass out all the time because I have someone teaching them skills - they stretch and collapse on the floor.  I call it passing out because I can't wake them until the timer ends, just like when older sims pass out.  So I will count those when I start the next file.  I was testing yesterday to see if I had everything ready and mom pushed the toddler too far trying to teach him to talk.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2017, 04:06:14 PM »
Yeah, my toddlers pass out all the time because I have someone teaching them skills - they stretch and collapse on the floor.  I call it passing out because I can't wake them until the timer ends, just like when older sims pass out.  So I will count those when I start the next file.  I was testing yesterday to see if I had everything ready and mom pushed the toddler too far trying to teach him to talk.

Yes, that was what was happening to with my toddler as well the time she passed out. But other times I think "oh no s/he's passed out" but there are no red Z's so they are just napping.