Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 134121 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #360 on: March 01, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »
My museum lot has broken, it's taking 20 minutes to load (if longer but I gave up and restarted my laptop after 20) If i try saving it and replacing will I loose my photos and portraits, and my ghosts (Dead household members are being put in a crypt)?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #361 on: March 01, 2018, 01:32:59 PM »
My museum lot has broken, it's taking 20 minutes to load (if longer but I gave up and restarted my laptop after 20) If i try saving it and replacing will I loose my photos and portraits, and my ghosts (Dead household members are being put in a crypt)?

Pull your photos and portraits and put them in the personal inventory of your heir. I don't know what will happen to ghosts.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #362 on: March 01, 2018, 02:55:49 PM »

Pull your photos and portraits and put them in the personal inventory of your heir. I don't know what will happen to ghosts.

The lot will load when I'm not in live mode, so I'm gonna copy my file and do it in an alternate save to see what happens
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2018, 02:27:21 AM »
I wish to ask the Challenges Team for permission to move the pet cat back to the home of the previous heir.

Since moving into the active heir's new house, the cat is constantly getting stuck on the counters.
If I move the counter/fridge/dining table into family inventory, the cat simply jumps to another surface.
To free the cat, I must completely empty the kitchen/dining area of surfaces.
While on the counters, it cries and can't eat. After I empty the kitchen of surfaces to get the cat down then feed the cat, the cat runs away.

My heir has gone through this on two consecutive days so far.
When she returned home just now, she found the cat on the counter for the second time today.
May I move this glitched cat back to the home of the previous heir?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2018, 04:24:10 AM »
I wish to ask the Challenges Team for permission to move the pet cat back to the home of the previous heir.

Since moving into the active heir's new house, the cat is constantly getting stuck on the counters.
If I move the counter/fridge/dining table into family inventory, the cat simply jumps to another surface.
To free the cat, I must completely empty the kitchen/dining area of surfaces.
While on the counters, it cries and can't eat. After I empty the kitchen of surfaces to get the cat down then feed the cat, the cat runs away.

My heir has gone through this on two consecutive days so far.
When she returned home just now, she found the cat on the counter for the second time today.
May I move this glitched cat back to the home of the previous heir?

Yes to prevent the glitch thats okay then.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2018, 01:42:06 PM »
Thank you, LenaLJ!
Moving every surface in and out of family inventory is a hassle.
I did try resetsim on the cat first, but it made no difference.
I've never experienced this particular glitch before.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #366 on: March 05, 2018, 11:04:37 PM »
Will the two new collections from Jungle Adventures be added to the list of eligible collection items?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2018, 07:18:22 AM »
Will the two new collections from Jungle Adventures be added to the list of eligible collection items?

Yes. In fact, we're discussing the addition of 4 -- artifacts, treasures, fakes, and mystical relics.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #368 on: March 21, 2018, 03:38:19 PM »
I just loaded my Townie Dynasty file for the first time since yesterday's patch.
As usual, I did a Repair Game and deleted my localthumbcache and spotlight.package files before loading my game.
Although my Gen6 heir is now a child, a very much alive Dominic Fyres has moved in next door to Sultry Springside.

I wish to ask the Challenges Team's permission to enter Manage Households and delete his household.

P.S. Thank you for adding the four Jungle Adventure collections to the List of Acceptable Collections!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #369 on: March 21, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »
Sounds like a bug to me that he is alive, unless he is a vampire?
So if he is not a vampire I would say go to remove him as it seams like a bug.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #370 on: March 21, 2018, 04:11:32 PM »
Thank you for allowing me to delete Dominic's household, LenaLJ.

No, Dominic's resurrection is entirely a bug.
He's the paternal grandfather of my Gen3 Lee heir and I stashed his urn is in the Dresden House's family inventory.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #371 on: April 01, 2018, 02:34:59 PM »
I'm sorry to be asking so many questions, but I have yet another one.

In view of one of heir's traits and storytelling, I've been planning to give him the Public Enemy aspiration.
However, after rereading the rules for all this forum's dynasty challenges just now, I found that only the Immortal Dynasty Challenge features the rule below:
Heirs with the Public Enemy Aspiration are the only household members allowed to "help" in the deaths of non household members.

Though I couldn't find a similar ruling for the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge, may I apply the above rule to my current game?
Or should I pick a different aspiration?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #372 on: April 01, 2018, 03:20:24 PM »

In view of one of heir's traits and storytelling, I've been planning to give him the Public Enemy aspiration.
However, after rereading the rules for all this forum's dynasty challenges just now, I found that only the Immortal Dynasty Challenge features the rule below:
Heirs with the Public Enemy Aspiration are the only household members allowed to "help" in the deaths of non household members.

Though I couldn't find a similar ruling for the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge, may I apply the above rule to my current game?

You could pick another aspiration. Keep in mind, also, that no one has to complete an aspiration in this challenge, it's just that you receive 2 points if you do.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #373 on: April 01, 2018, 03:35:29 PM »

You could pick another aspiration. Keep in mind, also, that no one has to complete an aspiration in this challenge, it's just that you receive 2 points if you do.

Thank you for your response. I'll simply pick another aspiration, then. :D
I do the aspirations mostly for the satisfaction points and bonus traits.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #374 on: April 15, 2018, 01:00:05 PM »
Couple Qs, I plan on doing this with Brant and I'd like to know before I begin.

1. Can we use gender customization on our founder? I'd like Brant and his hubby to have a biological heir.

2. For starting with a married couple, since they never move out do points begin accumulating immediately or when they've completed the portraits and collection? (which I'm assuming they still have to do despite already being married even though unwed pre-mades have to do it before getting hitched)

And an unrelated question: If you start as Jade or Marcus, since they lead clubs with other household members in them can they simply kick those members out or do they still have to quit the club?